Thread: injury question

Robinf Guest

injury question

I have an injury that is fairly interesting the way it's healing and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this:

I hit my partner's elbow at the base of my leg--right where the foot goes to the ankle, on top. Now, as it's healing, the bruise is on the outside of my foot, below my ankle, and on top of my foot near my instep, but there is no mark where the point of impact was.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what causes this. Researching this is taking me quite a long time, and I was wondering if anyone had any clues that would make my research a little more expediant.

Thanks.

Robin

Si Hing Guest
    Hi Robin,

I'm no doctor, but I might be able to help. As far as I know, a bruise is created when blood vessels and cells are broken, and get congested into one spot. Often, it may take several months for a bruise to heal completly. The reason your bruises are in unusual spots might be because the flow of fresh blood has carried the dead cells around your ankle to other areas . I would reccomend using some light massage around the bruised area-- not too hard though. Massaging breaks up the dead cells and helps promote the flow of fresh blood and chi to heal the wound, and get rid or all of the stagnated "poop" that' s in there now. A little Dit Da Jow wouldn't hurt either.

I hope this helps a little!

)))))))Si Hing((((((((((

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest
    Hey Robin!!

Maybe the energy transfered to other areas of your foot doing damage.

try lime paste for brusies, it an old chinese healing technique. get lime juice and some flour of any kind and make a paste with it and put it on your bruises until it dries up. the coolness of the lime helps.

Paul Skrypichayko Guest
    Hi Robin, I had a similar injury a month ago with my foot. Make sure you massage the bruised area (where the blood is pooling), and the actual injured area. Spend a few minutes on it each day until it is healed. Also, doing horse stance will help stimulate blood flow in the lower extremeties, and dit da jow will always help. Careful not to shower, bathe, or get your foot wet just after putting on the medicinal wine. Wait a few hours for it to dry thuroughly.

JWTAYLOR Guest
    I asked an internist who is in our school and he said the explanation made by Si Hing could very likely be correct. The other explanation is that you hit other areas than you thought you did, as can happen often in a fast situation.

JWT

Robinf Guest
    Thanks a lot for your responses. Si Hing, that does make sense.

Unfortunately, I don't have an dit da jow, and don't know of any reputable places to get it. I'll try the lime paste and definately the massage. It's only a little sore, now. Working out has helped quite a bit (considering horse stance is the basis of what we do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]), so it hasn't impeded my training thankfully. It's just really weird.

RFM Guest
    Hey Robin,

I've been away, well relocating acutally. I am no longer in San Antonio, but in Ft Riley, Kansas (near Manhatten where KSU is located) and I now spend more time in the field than in my office - but anyway,

I agree with Si Hing. My own similar injury experiences and time with the medics while in San Antonio would lead me to believe that the blood is simply drifting elsewhere.

Peace,
    Bob

------------------
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

Robinf Guest
    Thanks, Bob.

Yeah. That must have been the case. Since I started messaging it, the bruise is now where I got hit (and spread some from there). It's far more comfortable now.

Thanks, again, for all the advice, Guys.

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi-

Robin, there are several "off the shelf" dit da jow liniments that are good quality.

Try your local chinese apothecary. You're in boston right?

but, as has been said, the method is to break up the hematoma is with heat and massage. if you have swelling, do not apply the heat until the swelling is gone.

Bruises are basically the gathering of blood cells in their attempt to flood the disrupted area with goodness. But they do tend to clot and leave scar tissue beneath the surface that if it is not broken up will stay and will affect you in your later years.

all the aches and pains you have when you are young and strong will haunt you when you grow older and weaker. But you can remedy this by taking care of the ensuing damage and ensuring complete healing and recovery.

When we use Dit Da Jow, the massage part is quite deep and strong, it is usually as hard as you can stand the pain. Light massage will work to a degree but will not go as deep and must be done more often to be effective to the point of complete recovery.

peace

------------------
    Kung Lek

Robin It sounds to me like you may have actually pulled muscle from bone or bruised the bone itself. This type of injury has a tendency to bleed down the whole shape of the muscle or tendon. That's why the bruise isn't by the actual injury sight. Bone bruises have a tendecy seep for a long time as well. So sometimes there's hematomas. Kung Lek is right. The best advise I can think of is heat and massage. I like arnica oil for bruising.I'd like to recommend aspirin or ibuprophen for it's anti-inflammatory effects as well as opposed to tylenol. Take it for a few days even if you're not in pain.

RFM Guest
    Once I thought that I had pulled a muscle, there was a huge blue mark on my foot. However, after I took a shower and the blue washed away, I realized it was the ink from my new socks.

For what it was worth,
    Bob

------------------
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.