Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hendrik question

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    No you're confused.
    What a moronic comment. Obviously he's not confused, he is expressing how a family's lineage understands these concepts. The ideas are presented clearly and completely in what was stated.

If you have a different understanding then give everyone on the forum the respect to do likewise and explain it clearly and completely.

Otherwise STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    What a moronic comment. Obviously he's not confused, he is expressing how a family's lineage understands these concepts. The ideas are presented clearly and completely in what was stated.

If you have a different understanding then give everyone on the forum the respect to do likewise and explain it clearly and completely.

Otherwise STFU.
    I totally agree with you.

No you're confused.
    His description was pretty good, the only reason you should step is because you have not controlled your center by losing it, or you don't have a structure supported by the ground to be able be the main center both people rotate around.

If you are moving or stepping you are going around the other guys center line, which could work if he does not make the small rotation to follow you, which just means he is no good, otherwise you will be the guy at the disadvantage .

Otherwise STFU.
    Thanks for that
    Careful though, or he may get his fragile ego hurt, take his toys and go home by deleting this thread too
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 02-14-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    His description was pretty good, the only reason you should step is because you have not controlled your center by losing it, or you don't have a structure supported by the ground to be able be the main center both people rotate around.

If you are moving or stepping you are going around the other guys center line, which could work if he does not make the small rotation to follow you, which just means he is no good, otherwise you will be the guy at the disadvantage .
    There are three WCK major cores. direct, roundabout , and recovery of capture the center

All based on direct platform which is the development of siu nim tau.

As for roundabout, well, others an response it with direc or recovery . Who fast? The direct is fastest.

In the reality One cannot play in nba basket ball demanding no direct play but limit to roundabout or recovery.

And how to handle the direct center capturing where every inch and split of second counts? There is what siu nim tau is address.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-14-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Yik Kam, an unknown junior actor went to study Omei 12 palms exercises and Fukien white crane boxing. Later he mixed them up and called his art Yik Kam SLT (One long form). Here are the questions for Hendrik below.

Wong Wah Bo and Leung Yee Tai were the most senior wing chun practitioners of the Red Boat Opera at that time. Evidently they came before Yik Kam's time. That presents a very important question, who was really practicing genuine wck at that time? Wong Wah Bo and Leung Yee Tai were very well known for their wck in public. Where was the junior Yik Kam and what was he doing at that time? Was he still a student of some unknown Omei teacher? What's the name of the Omei teacher? So far, what people see of Yik Kam's SLT, is not impressive. There is not enough data or information to support your claim that Yik Kam’s art is the original wck? If you truly want to promote and preserve Yik Kam's art, then you should make it clear to the public that the Yik Kam SLT was from Omie, therefore, it should be called Omie SLT (one long Omie exercise form) different than the SLT/CK/BJ from all other wing chun lineages. Once that's clear to the public,that will help you to find some peace within yourself. Now, you don't have to repeat your endless "1850, Omie, White Crane and SLT (one long little exercise form originally from Omie 12 palms) "

Otherwise STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Thanks for that
    Careful though, or he may get his fragile ego hurt, take his toys and go home by deleting this thread too
    I did make a more detailed explanation, but realized it would be wasted typing, so deleted BEFORE I posted it, a reason I tend to delete posts, on reflection I decide its wasted effort.....'nuff to give my personal opinion as I like guys.

I did make a more detailed explanation, but realized it would be wasted typing, so deleted BEFORE I posted it, a reason I tend to delete posts, on reflection I decide its wasted effort.....'nuff to give my personal opinion as I like guys.
    Well, how noble of you.

Maybe a better reason is your stuff is based on something other than WC theory and you know that your explanation does not hold water.

Just running around being faster and stronger than someone else does not mean you are practicing an art based on efficiency .

Two guys trying to lap Sao on each other is not application on art, only training exercise against another wc guy.

Well, how noble of you.

Maybe a better reason is your stuff is based on something other than WC theory and you know that your explanation does not hold water.

Just running around being faster and stronger than someone else does not mean you are practicing an art based on efficiency .

Two guys trying to lap Sao on each other is not application on art, only training exercise against another wc guy.
    Noble, me, you shouldn't have

More like nobody will understand, Graham knows what I mean. Abstract concepts cannot be typed, they have to be experienced to understand the simplicity.
    Just running around ?
    Yes Laap sao is a conditioning drill, CONDITIONING our punching so it is mindless...a concept guys might like Wu Shin....the Japanese say Mushin, mindless execution.
    Certain techniques of VT allow this mindless intercepting ability, further to this idea is our conditioning certain arm angles, elbow positions that back up this idea....the less we think about our actions the more they become like reflex reactions, faster...

on reflection you decide its wasted effort. what a load. then don't post anything at all.

yes its hard to explain concepts over the internet. but people get it. i'm kind of getting what you're saying about snt and ck and dependencies for fighting.

on reflection you decide its wasted effort. what a load. then don't post anything at all.

yes its hard to explain concepts over the internet. but people get it. i'm kind of getting what you're saying about snt and ck and dependencies for fighting.
    Its tuff, post, delete ?? when the threads go south I like to eject, like I do in fighting and start again .

Dynamics are present in the chum kil, not applications... turning on the spot back and forth, hips and vertical axis alignment.... heels like Eiffel tower , not leaning tower of Pizza. Simply a balance and force generating module. Stepping in Chum kil is normally seen as a stage of 1-2-3 again...try 1 step bong wu finish..in 1 beat. Like Jack dempseys fall away punch, he used bodyweight , momentum in a controlled burst to generate force...same ideas. Facing at various angles, speed of bong rotation to create kinetic force...

Then have a guy put a fist in your face and try to step bong wu and use the bong like a pak sao to slap it out of the way, sideways, not forwards. turn the guy.

It takes time to type and retype then reread and retype to even try to make sense...ergo delete or short response, I know isnt fair but ...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Noble, me, you shouldn't have

More like nobody will understand, Graham knows what I mean. Abstract concepts cannot be typed, they have to be experienced to understand the simplicity.
    Just running around ?
    Yes Laap sao is a conditioning drill, CONDITIONING our punching so it is mindless...a concept guys might like Wu Shin....the Japanese say Mushin, mindless execution.
    Certain techniques of VT allow this mindless intercepting ability, further to this idea is our conditioning certain arm angles, elbow positions that back up this idea....the less we think about our actions the more they become like reflex reactions, faster...
    Your mindless abilities don't won't work when your off balance or jammed. You guys just stand in front of each other at set distance and think this is it, all staged and set to your wc parameters.

Your mindless abilities don't won't work when your off balance or jammed. You guys just stand in front of each other at set distance and think this is it, all staged and set to your wc parameters.
    Of course. We are drilling certain ideas at various stages, some drills are stationary because the arms alignment can go off if stepping and angling is added. Its modular in design. We string modules together during chi-sao. Gor sao is a random exchange without forewarning and modularization going on, its to make the partners react/act mindlessly and see errors to go slower on later in isolated modules...

Fighting is not chi-sao.

Of course. We are drilling certain ideas at various stages, some drills are stationary because the arms alignment can go off if stepping and angling is added. Its modular in design. We string modules together during chi-sao. Gor sao is a random exchange without forewarning and modularization going on, its to make the partners react/act mindlessly and see errors to go slower on later in isolated modules...

Fighting is not chi-sao.
    Your missing the point, somethings just need to be experenced.

See Ya

Its tuff, post, delete ?? when the threads go south I like to eject, like I do in fighting and start again .

Dynamics are present in the chum kil, not applications... turning on the spot back and forth, hips and vertical axis alignment.... heels like Eiffel tower , not leaning tower of Pizza. Simply a balance and force generating module. Stepping in Chum kil is normally seen as a stage of 1-2-3 again...try 1 step bong wu finish..in 1 beat. Like Jack dempseys fall away punch, he used bodyweight , momentum in a controlled burst to generate force...same ideas. Facing at various angles, speed of bong rotation to create kinetic force...

Then have a guy put a fist in your face and try to step bong wu and use the bong like a pak sao to slap it out of the way, sideways, not forwards. turn the guy.

It takes time to type and retype then reread and retype to even try to make sense...ergo delete or short response, I know isnt fair but ...
    Your still just talking about body level movements, no need, does not matter.