Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chi Sao Vid crazy

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Once you've got past dan chi sao rules are not needed in chi sao, just an understanding that it is a learning platform and sufficient respect for your training partner. With correct structure and lut sao jik cheung from your partner breaking "the rules" should result in you getting hit.
    Not being funny mate you say past dan chi there should be no rules then you bang on about lat sao jik chung rule and breaking it you get hit your sounding contradictory Rules or no Rules that is the question

LSJC is a "rule" of action like gravity is a rule. Try to defy it and you get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    Not being funny mate you say past dan chi there should be no rules then you bang on about lat sao jik chung rule and breaking it you get hit your sounding contradictory Rules or no Rules that is the question

Not being funny either but I never contradicted myself, you just seem to have missed the parentheses or at least their implication.

From my perspective chi sao has no rules (outside of treating your partner with respect as I previously said). You should be free to do whatever you wish and often the best chi sao is experienced with those who are newest to the platform and do the unexpected.
    Lut sao jic cheung, structure etc are concepts, behaviours and mindset that are implicit in all wing chun but in the same way as there is no rule saying you can't slam your fingers in a door when in the comfort of your own home you learn from experience that certain courses of action are more prudent than others.

I'm curious as to what rules you adhere to when doing chi sao?
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Not being funny either but I never contradicted myself, you just seem to have missed the parentheses or at least their implication.

From my perspective chi sao has no rules (outside of treating your partner with respect as I previously said). You should be free to do whatever you wish and often the best chi sao is experienced with those who are newest to the platform and do the unexpected.
    Lut sao jic cheung, structure etc are concepts, behaviours and mindset that are implicit in all wing chun but in the same way as there is no rule saying you can't slam your fingers in a door when in the comfort of your own home you learn from experience that certain courses of action are more prudent than others.

I'm curious as to what rules you adhere to when doing chi sao?
    As stated its a drill & not a fight so like yourself respect must be displayed to your given partners

Not rocket science all the other
    attributes come into play simplicity is the key