Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protein drinks

PHILBERT Guest

Protein drinks

Ok, I know most protein drinks taste like card board. But I found one that doesn't taste like it! It tastes like flower! Even when I add choclate milk and lots of choclate syrup!

Anyway, my question is this. I can't STAND this drink ok? I mean come on, card board would taste better. So would I get the same results if I just follow the instructions of taking 3 spoons, and just SWALLOW IT WITHOUT THE MILK, rather than putting it in an 8 ounce glass of milk (which it just absorbs the milk like a sponge), then just drank an 8 ounce glass of milk after swallowing the mix? I think it would be 10 times better, no, 100 times better to swallow the mix whole 3 times then take a drink of milk rather than putting it in the milk. Would this be effective?

PHILBERT

Ish Guest
    I've tried that method with other things and swollowing a spoonfull of evil powder is not the easiest of tasks. I think the best thing would be to make a concentrated paste then drink the rest of the milk.

Onl my opinion, im sure itl still taste like sh1t

IronFist Guest
    swallowing powder sounds hard. but, protein is protein. If you swallow protein, your body is going to get protein. Just you'll get a little less because the milk that you aren't mixing has about 1g protein per fluid oz.

i r o n f i s t

PHILBERT Guest
    But IronFist, I am going to still drink milk AFTER I eat the protein. And if I put a spoon full of that crap in my mouth, dehydrate and quickly drink some milk (while some is still in my mouth) won't I get the same effects?

PHILBERT

Lost_Disciple Guest
    I remember reading a story once, from the evil t-mag.com site no less; about a guy who swallowed protein powder.
    The guy in question (TC I think) swallowed a huge spoonfull. The protein powder mixed with his saliva. He'd swallowed so much that it pretty much turned to concrete in his mouth and he almost suffocated.
    A funny story and I'm not sure how true, but something you may wanna be aware of. :)

Just some thoughts from an ignoramus.

ShaolinTiger00 Guest
    Philbert,

from my own experience.

Never buy chocolate flavored protein powder. The taste is unbearable and I have a strong tolerance..

always buy vanilla or strawberry.

I stick with vanilla because it blends much better with skim milk and other shakes or juices.
    I even put it in my OJ.

Check out proteinfactory.com for good Cheap stuff.

" The reason that sportsmen such as boxers, and wrestlers have a higher success rate in self-defense situations over other martial artists is because they will fight in the same manner as they train." -Bruce Lee

PHILBERT Guest
    ShaolinTiger00

Yeah, I found that out AFTER I bought it and tried it out. But actually, EAS Choclate fudge is the best stuff I have ever had in my life. Blends easily and tastes great. Just expensive as hell.

PHILBERT

ElPietro Guest
    Isopure zero carb whey protein powder actually tastes good. I mix it with milk and it tastes a bit like one of the nestle quick drinks. It mixes a lot better than any other powder I've seen and many others have mentioned the same thing. Why take powder dry? You can always just mix it in a bit of water...down it quick like a shot and then rinse your mouth out with whatever you want. I don't really recommend adding syrup, or chocolate milk too often...if you are working out you don't want to keep your sugar levels too high, unless it is post workout to create a creatine delivery system or replace glycogen stores...and that's only in a bulking phase as well.

IronFist Guest
    holy ****e, that almost sufficating thing freaked me out!

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Why Protein drinks?

If you are taking, and I do say IF!, more protein than it is necessary in your diet via these drinks, then the Stomach functions can potentially be weakened by its consistent use. I feel that Spleen functions could also be impaired and thus cause digestion problems after a while.

ElPietro Guest
    Repulsive Monkey please try and make statements based on some form of science. What you FEEL is irelevant if you don't know what you are saying. Over intake of protein has no effect on the stomach or spleen. It is difficult to get too much protein if you are in training anyways. The purpose of a protein supplement is just that...a supplement. It is to get you to the level of protein your body requires.

PHILBERT Guest

DON'T DO IT!

Lost_Disciple, thanks for the heads up. I tried it (not a large amount) and it did turn to concrete in my mouth. Took me 10 minutes to get it out. I was puking too (I had to puke 3 or 4 times to get it out). And drank a **** load of water (didn't have a cup, just stuck my mouth under the bathroom sink). Puke 3 times (twice in the toilet and once in the sink) before it was gone. Now my throat hurts.

So let my stupidity be a lesson for all of you. Don't try it. I am gonna flush the crap down the toilet, because no matter how I try it, it is evil to drink. (reminds me of a saying too, you guys should learn from it.)

A stupid man doesn't learn from his mistakes.
    A smart man learns from his mistakes (I did.)
    A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

So learn from my mistake, DON'T TRY IT. Yuck, I can still taste it and that was 3 hours ago.

PHILBERT

kungfudude Guest

here's a better idea

I have a better idea

instead of wasting money on that protein crap and making yourself suffer by trying to drink it, why dont't you get protein the natural way by eating food?( preferably from vegetables since i'm a vegan)

It will save you money and it is probably a lot more enjoyable than drinking those protein shakes

anyways just my advice

KungFuDude

PHILBERT Guest
    I do eat fruits and veggies. It is just the protein drinks provide more protein in a single drink than a fruit or veggie does.

PHILBERT

Repulsive Monkey Guest

ElPietro

thanks for your misplaced and misinformed outburst, but what I said is classic textbook information from Chinese Medicine. The over processing of high level potein based foods and drinks most certainly will have a weakening effect on the Stomach and most certainly will end up effecting Spleen functions too. I FEEL that the old classic "Look before you leap" quote applies quite aptedly to you here ElPietro.