Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: body and siu lin tau

body and siu lin tau

for those who is interested only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtW3dc8km9Y

http://youtu.be/km7xuoeF5B0 just add movement to make slt functional....chase,face.

Thanks, I appreciate your efforts!

VT at fighting speeds with dynamics in motion add force to our arms so our body weight coincides with all our actions in one beat...I can see Hendriks attempts to try and assign 'more' to slt, but frankly if you spend too much time standing in one spot searching for ...?...you are missing the boat. VT is a lightning fast dynamic fighting system, period.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-15-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    VT at fighting speeds with dynamics in motion add force to our arms so our body weight coincides with all our actions in one beat...I can see Hendriks attempts to try and assign 'more' to slt, but frankly if you spend too much time standing in one spot searching for ...?...you are missing the boat. VT is a lightning fast dynamic fighting system, period.
    If one don't develop the basic handling in slt then where will one develop it?

Fighting fast is a fuzzy description, there are many ways to do it. Even those with brute force will tell you they are fighting has and dynamic.

Siu Lin tau training, tell one how every joints in the body is handle, like exercising every gear the sport car to get use to.

Everything in WCK has its place. WCK is not only slt, and WCK is also come with siu Lin tau.

PB can do what he does in the above utube after his decades of training, but his opponentS shown a clearly sluggish handling on the seven joints handling. And they all handling it in a different way based on their intrisic habit. His opponents has a choice keep try and Erro on his own, or go to siu Lin tau to develop it in a clear Systematic way.

Following slt teaching is the WCK systematic way, following any teacher is a different way. I personally like the WCK systematic way, so I know the basic coverage.

If one is the natural then one knows it naturally, the trouble is I am not a genious or natural. So I need to learn it accord to the WCK way. And also, a 250lb body , a 140lb body, a female, a male body are all different, one can not assume the 140 lb body can do what the 250lb body do. And a 200lb teacher will have to know a 140lb body to be able to coach the handling....etc. it is just too messy, I choose to go the WCK systematic learning with slt where it is suitable for 140lb or 200lb.

Alots of so called WCK training is the sifu do it and expect the student to copy it, but then there is a gap or un define of how to handling the seven joints or the body. Thus, not all student will get it, in fact not many will get it Training these way. As I mention in this clip, there are six joints above the turning on the heel, so how to handle these joints? With slt training as based then go to ck, one will have a clear define joints handling. Not going this path is jumping step and is going to create issue . So, in the ancient, unless one develop the seven joints handling one don't do chisau , because one really don't know what to handle.

Btw, in slt , I don't stand, I am exercising my seven joints in dynamic and with different patterns. From big movement to minute movement of the joints. Never stationary. Pay attention to different joints of my body when I mention coil spring as in slt development in the utube above.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.

searching for ...?...
    Yes, when you don't know what your looking for, you can not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If one don't develop the handling in slt then where will one develop it?

Fighting fast is a fuzzy description, there are many ways to do it. Even those with brute force will tell you they are fighting has and dynamic.

Siu Lin tau training, tell one how every joints in the body is handle, like exercising every gear the sport car to get use to.

Everything in WCK has its place. WCK is not only slt, and WCK is also come with siu Lin tau.
    Hendrik one doesn't stop doing SLT and just move on. To us its a timeout from being in a dynamic roller-coaster of testing drills. The progression to further levels will always be evident in ones SLT equally...you cant expect just doing SLT to get you this progressive development and understanding.
    As you do more unified drills you will also take the SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory further...elbow to center, elbow to center, etc....under pressure of fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    searching for ...?...
    Yes, when you don't know what your looking for, you can not find it.
    Yes, its a coaches job to show the correlation of the abstract slt to the next stages of unifying hips, structure in dynamic exchanges SLT alone wont give you.
    Then we have kinetic force exchanges, incorporating SLT & CK - BG , ballistic force generation wont be fully achieved with SLT alone, no way.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-15-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Yes, its a coaches job to show the correlation of the abstract slt to the next stages of unifying hips, structure in dynamic exchanges SLT alone wont give you.
    Then we have kinetic force exchanges, incorporating SLT & CK - BG , ballistic force generation wont be fully achieved with SLT alone, no way.

Its like a hydrologic system, you have to have a certain amount of fluid built up for the system to work. (hydrologic oil = chi)

If you don't build the chi, you are mostly doing external WC, which like you said depends on speed and power.

Hendrik one doesn't stop doing SLT and just move on. To us its a timeout from being in a dynamic roller-coaster of testing drills. The progression to further levels will always be evident in ones SLT equally...you cant expect just doing SLT to get you this progressive development and understanding.

As you do more unified drills you will also take the SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory further...elbow to center, elbow to center, etc....under pressure of fighting.
    True, one move on, if one has cover the basic.

However, take a look at the PB clip above, how many of the opponents know how to handle the basic siu Lin tau seven joints? Since they are missing holistic Joints handling , when are they going to learn the full?

One issue here is about develop the force change path way via the seven joints, not as you think Of SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory...ect. It is a different paradigm which is alive. It is not about mould into something or some habit , but open up another degree of dynamic freedom to play. So, under pressure, one has Atleast on more degree of freedom to play with . It is not about program but open up a new paradigm.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Its like a hydrologic system, you have to have a certain amount of fluid built up for the system to work. (hydrologic oil = chi)

If you don't build the chi, you are mostly doing external WC, which like you said depends on speed and power.
    More like the hydrodynamics of fluid under pressure in a brake hose.... Foot ( heel ) to brake pedal (ground ) applies force from ground through hose ( structure ) to fist.
    To test the integrity of the Hose ( structure ) its not enough to just have a structure, we need to put it under varying levels of pressure and make it move under intense braking and acceleration, turn it , bend it, while always checking for kinks in the line ( bad elbows , bad hips ) that might be stopping force reaching the fist.

True, one move on, if one has cover the basic.

However, take a look at the PB clip above, how many of the opponents know how to handle the basic siu Lin tau seven joints? Since they are missing holistic Joints handling , when are they going to learn the full?

One issue here is about develop the force change path way via the seven joints, not as you think Of SLT alignment and repetition of muscle memory...ect. It is a different paradigm which is alive. It is not about mould into something or some habit , but open up another degree of dynamic freedom to play. So, under pressure, one has Atleast on more degree of freedom to play with . It is not about program but open up a new paradigm.
    Thats the point of the testing in chi-sao....we dont fight in chi-sao or compete, we ingrain the requirements seen under pressure of changing dynamics, when to change a strike to a jum sao, a bong back to strike...you wont get that in a SLT, BUT you will take the experience of a arm /hip failure and understand the SLT better, take time out to do more elbows in and hips forwards in dynamic isotonic drills of of SLT.

As in my clip above, I only focus on the physical joints, don't even need to go into those chi....ect.

As you can see in the PB clip above, most of his opponents doesn't handle the seven joints well, thus, they all breaking a part, where the upper and lower body break into two.

Now, slt training is to heal that.

Thats the point of the testing in chi-sao....we dont fight in chi-sao or compete, we ingrain the requirements seen under pressure of changing dynamics, when to change a strike to a jum sao, a bong back to strike...you wont get that in a SLT, BUT you will take the experience of a arm /hip failure and understand the SLT better, take time out to do more elbows in and hips forwards in dynamic isotonic drills of of SLT.
    As in the PB clip above, most of the opponents has a broken apart upper and lower body. When will them get correctect?

Slt , IMHO is the development of the holistic spring coil body or engine or seven joints handling. Unless one has that, in chisau, in real fighting, one will not get good at it if the body break a part under momentum dynamic. Take a look at the PB clip, see how many of the opponent get a breaking apart body.

As in my clip above, I only focus on the physical joints, don't even need to go into those chi....ect.

As you can see in the PB clip above, most of his opponents doesn't handle the seven joints well, thus, they all breaking a part, where the upper and lower body break into two.

Now, slt training is to heal that.
    But you now know that the focus might not be 'internal' but simply the added awareness to bad angles of a fook/tan /jum/arm, bong sao maybe too low, lifts up shoulder...? SLT time out ( pit stop ) CK unification to isolate balance and force generation together.
    You cannot ignore Chum Kil and expect to find all your answers in SLT alone.
    This is a big mistake coaches make. They hold back a student to do months of SLT with no correlating ideas to fight with it, NO chum kil. Even if a students structure fails , he/she will see clearer the connections each requires to support the other. Just telling a student to go stand in a room and feel the chi more...??