Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What style is this?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The longfist system has Chin Na too. Longfist GM Han Chin-Tang was a Chin Na master. After you have compare Chin Na between longfist and eagle claw, you will see that eagle claw has much more detail.

Here is an example. The small circle wrist lock exists in almose all TCMA system. Most systems use downward pushing force. If your opponent raise his elbow to cancel out your downward force, an eagle claw guy will change it into a horizontal force. If your opponent turns his body to cancel out your horizontal force, a eagle claw guy will change it into a pulling force. In "eagle claw", it's called "三把腕子(San Ba Wan Zi)". I just don't see this level of detail in other TCMA systems.

I'm a longfist guy. I should try to defend the longfist system from the eagle claw system. But truth is truth. The longfist is good for foundation and eagle claw is good in Chin Na. Both styles serve different purposes.
    My teacher used combination of 3 forces - spiral, bending, and straight line all at the same time. This can be extrapolated to other chin na for quick non-gappy lockup and breaking.

A lot of people use just one or maybe two of the forces, and it is easy for the other person to escape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    counters to the locks and then counters to the counters. etc etc
    If people don't train counters and counters to counters, they are not truly training TCMA.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

YKW

If people don't train counters and counters to counters, they are not truly training TCMA.
    o true
    This should be a famous quote, or at least your signature.............
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."