Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bottom Coconut of Three in net bag

Breaking Bottom Coconut of Three in net bag

Last night I attended a great Martial Arts Event.

I wrote up more about it on my Facebook page.

This is me breaking the bottom coconut out of three that were inside a net bag.

I did this in front of a crowd of 300 people.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Last night I attended a great Martial Arts Event.

I wrote up more about it on my Facebook page.

This is me breaking the bottom coconut out of three that were inside a net bag.

I did this in front of a crowd of 300 people.
    -------------------------------------------------

Impressive!

Thank you!

OK I gotta ask, I had a friend taifu come up form NYC, who was an iron palm practioner/ master and he did a twisting motion with one coconut on the floor and shattered a it right in front of me, it was the most impressive thing I ever saw as far a IP goes.

Until he stacked 3 tomatoes on top one another and hit them and squished the middle one with sedd flyign everywhere and without tearing the skin of the top and bottom one.

later I heard the coconut is a trick, but I dont beleive so so Dale please help and straighten this out for me. As I do IP and I cannot seem to break a coconut
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    OK I gotta ask, I had a friend taifu come up form NYC, who was an iron palm practioner/ master and he did a twisting motion with one coconut on the floor and shattered a it right in front of me, it was the most impressive thing I ever saw as far a IP goes.

Until he stacked 3 tomatoes on top one another and hit them and squished the middle one with sedd flyign everywhere and without tearing the skin of the top and bottom one.

later I heard the coconut is a trick, but I dont beleive so so Dale please help and straighten this out for me. As I do IP and I cannot seem to break a coconut
    It would seem breaking one by itself would be harder, ?, because the force would be concentrated at one spot when you stack them.

It is a Jacobs Ladder.

You are hitting the first one and then kinetic force is being directed down.

Im injecting the power/energy and you can see my hand coming back, as I hit the stack and then pulled back rather than totally follow through to go through all of them.

I hit that thing pretty good as I did not crack it, I exploded it.

I can explain this with the math. Maybe later. Don't get me wrong, it's a skill, to be sure. It's amazing in it's application, but not so much in the way that most people find it amazing.

These techniques are explained thoroughly in structural mechanics.

Great demo, BTW. Not so easy with the hands. That kind of consistency is hard to acquire.

Great photo, too.

Put da lime in da coconut...

"Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

dude, does Andy Weil kno u stole his beard?

ha ha

I know....

Awesome! ***Applause*** As a very very amateur (as in never broken anything but single boards yet) Iron Palm guy I would also like know if it's always the bottom that's targeted or can any block, brick, coconut...etc from the middle of the stack be targeted? For instance, could somebody pick say # 3 of 8 or # 2 of 3 or whatever? I've never seen anything but the top, bottom or the entire stack be broken so I was just a bit curious after reading EarthDragons question. Thanks!!!

The tags for this thread made me chuckle...

Cool breaks Dale!
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

cool break,cool photo

Coconuts...do not hit back.

Waaaa!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

[QUOTE=MasterKiller;1212221]Coconuts...do not hit back.

Waaaa![/QUOTE----------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There are times when
    in the tropics if you disturb a coconut tree a coconut can hit back.