Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Here's a great example of the Wing Chun paak-sau and how it turns into the straight punch. It's just how we do the tuizhang. The focus is on the elbow cutting the line (close-range, simultaneous attack & defense), which can't be done with a horizontal, elbow up punch. Hence the punching structure is also in tuizhang, and is not like the reverse punch which isn't present in the system at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0US23G-F8

Btw, every single Wing Chun 'sau' (arm action) is present in the first section or two of XHQ, at least in the version we do. Not to say WC came directly from Shaolin Hongquan, but all the structures and strategies are already found in XHQ.

Yeah, it is fine to use TuiZhang in this way. Becasue of the position and use of the elbow it is still that 'slicing' power I am talking about. It cuts while moving forewards. it could not just shoot in like a punch.

The WC punch is not like Shaolins pubch but your right closer to tuizhang or shaolins hammer.

Shaolins Hammer ZaChui is slightly complex. It can be horizontal like in Xiexing or vertical. It leads with the crushing elbow, once interaction is made it changes to a hammer down fist, once interaction is made again it shoots foreward as a punch. It often does all those motions at once however in a small space though it has the potential to be large.

Wing Chun?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Wing Chun?
    Well, we are both familier with WC terminology so we are making analogies to it.

does anyone wanna know the fundamentals of hong quan?
    Last edited by bawang; 03-01-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Sure, why not?
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Sure, why not?
    you understand that once i reveal the truth, there is no going back. there wont be any mysterious ponderings of the mysterious shaolin mystery.

My kung fu is not my religion

you understand that once i reveal the truth, there is no going back. there wont be any mysterious ponderings of the mysterious shaolin mystery.
    The only things I believe about my sifu is the effective techniques he taught me. Though he did tell some rather tall tales back in the days...
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

which one?

hong quan five elements

they counter each other thus

big -> twisting -> lead -> small ->lose ->big
    metal->wood->water->fire->earth->metal

1. big fighting stance:
    big stance is also called upright stance, balanced, big seven stars, 50/50 stance. chest is held upright, stand with a calm demeanor. it is offensive stance, wide and stable.

2. leading attack stance: also called straight open, single whip, a whip, line shaped fist.

3. twisting attack is also called cross shaped fist, twisting single whip, move to the side, against the wind palm.

4. small fighting stance: also called seven stars, nail stance, it is defensive. small and nimble.

5. losing stance is also called lean back, ride the dragon backwards, look back at moon. this is a deceptive stance.

these five concepts are the universal fist seeds of hong quan.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-01-2013 at 05:24 PM.

hmmmmmmmmm

you understand that once i reveal the truth, there is no going back.
    We have to go forward before we can go back.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    We have to go forward before we can go back.
    after 10+ years of online discussion, your internet wusengs cant even explain what is the application for a basic punch.

my internet wusengs?

Who are my internet wusengs and why would they be following me? I've just been working to recruit nacho ninjettes.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Who are my internet wusengs and why would they be following me? I've just been working to recruit nacho ninjettes.
    i just assumed you shaolin bald donkeys are all together, like a family.

Just don't listen to bawang if he tells you to ride the yellow dragon backwards...and if you hear the phrase 'reverse cowgirl'... run like hell.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

hong quan five elements

they counter each other thus

big -> twisting -> lead -> small ->lose ->big
    metal->wood->water->fire->earth->metal
    So you mean, Bing Bu, Shun bu dan bian, Yao Bu Xie Xing, Xiao Qi Xing, Hui tou wan yue.

Dan bian and Xie Xing are the same root move there is no need to list both as one implies the other. I would add Pan Zhou instead. That way you have leading with the elbow becoming the fist (dan bian) and leading with the fist becoming the elbow (Pan Zhou).

The others are fair enough. Bing Bu is an excellent technique that is underused by most.

Hui tu wan yue requires some experience but is the base of much of Hong Quans kicking technique.

BaWang, I just PM you a video, it is of old SOng Shan Hong Quan, it covers the techniques here.