Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 70's was a different MA era

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You know what else was different in the 70s?

we don't wanna see the pube hair you shaved, bro.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Blog Entries
    You don't see hair style like this any more (the 2nd guy on the 1st row).

http://imageshack.us/a/img861/5153/breaky.jpg
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

maxi medi mini styles come and go or move in a circle.

Mini or short skirts were in in 1960s

maxi: thick hairs; moustache; wide collar; wide throuser were in in 1970s

---

Japanese MA movies started a man against many

Chinese MA movies followed suit with never ending fights or took forever to die

Bruce Lee said that is not real.

In actual fight one strike you are out

Maxi MA fights movies turned into mini fights

--

Just like many things in life.

MMA was in in 1990s

Kung fu was in in 1970s

What would be in in 2010s

--

Comes and goes.

Everything moves in a circle.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    Muay lon lon, mai mae, Muay lopburi, Muay chaya, etc are all extinct. perhaps what is left of the Indian arts is only dance and yoga.
    I don't think Muay Chaiya is extinct.
    Is that Mae Mai or Mai Mae? Coz Mae Mai's not extinct either.
    In fact, my coach calls our traditional techniques "Mae Mai Muay Thai Chaiya" (Master tricks of Muay Chaiya).
    Sityodtong was teaching Mae Mai as well (RIP).
    Kru Lek's doing a lot of big things with Muay Chaiya.
    http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/...ike-muay-thai/
    Not sure what General Amnat Pooksrisuk trains, but it's ancient and bareknuckle.
    Khun Kao trained with him and said he's a beast.

Here's one of the styles I was looking for (the Mukki Boxing someone referred to earlier):
    http://www.indianetzone.com/57/musti_yuddha.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushti_yuddha
    I've seen videos but I can't find them.

Kellen:
    What part are you having a hard time understanding?
    Indian martial arts went northwest to the silk road, then east to China.
    Indian martial arts also went east through Burma and Southeast asia, all the way to Khmer (and beyond).
    Tai people emigrated from the far east, westward through many territories that had been influenced by Indian culture, some even ending up in northwest India.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Kellen:
    What part are you having a hard time understanding?
    Indian martial arts went northwest to the silk road, then east to China.
    Indian martial arts also went east through Burma and Southeast asia, all the way to Khmer (and beyond).
    Tai people emigrated from the far east, westward through many territories that had been influenced by Indian culture, some even ending up in northwest India.
    The part that really didn't make sense to me was the IMA traveled east to Cambodia, then the Cambodian arts presumably gave birth to the Thai and Burmese arts. If it was India, Burma, Thailand then Cambodia it would make more sense to me then India, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, as was suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    The part that really didn't make sense to me was the IMA traveled east to Cambodia, then the Cambodian arts presumably gave birth to the Thai and Burmese arts. If it was India, Burma, Thailand then Cambodia it would make more sense to me then India, Cambodia, Thailand, Burma, as was suggested.
    Ah, my bad for being confusing. Burma got their stuff from India, but may have also been influenced by later developments further eastward. I've seen it said that their stuff shows more Musti Yuddha influence than elsewhere in southeast Asia. Shame what happened to that country. It used to be a real trade & cultural center. Think they had the first airport in southeast Asia back in the 50s.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Shame what happened to that country. It used to be a real trade & cultural center. Think they had the first airport in southeast Asia back in the 50s.
    It was one of the wealthiest countries in the region under British rule. It's amazing how far back bad government can set you.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!