Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On a lighter note.......

Quote Originally Posted by CRCAUSA View Post
    What would really be nice is being able to have a friendly discussion about wing chun techniques, concepts, etc. without all the personal attacks. Think it could be done.....probably not.
    The nature of WCK as an art is very disjointed. Many lineages and little agreement between them. A lot of bickering. A lot of closemindedness.

This forum is a reflection of that. As such, moderation is light, mostly just removing internet challenges and the most blatant personal attacks. There are a lot of dead WCK forums around, which is probably what would happen to this one if moderation increased to the point where everyone only talked in a friendly discussion. People don't see eye to eye. So they disagree and if conversation continues people eventually get to a place of understanding one another, at least a little bit. Sometimes conversation doesn't continue.

I guess I'd just say this forum is a reflection of reality.

And that while there are some cool concepts and discussions, there's a lot of static interspersed that you just have to ignore. Pick and choose what interests you and what you want to respond to.

Just my .02.

Honestly, you WC guys are your own worse enemies.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Smile

In many ways I would agree with that. Unlike other systems I have been through that are pretty much standardized across the world WC simply is not. There are not only many different styles but even within the same style many that don't agree with each other. Even that wouldn't be such a bad thing if people could just respect others while disagreeing on the topic at hand. Of course that is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Im impressed with Sifu Grados

He has his own song, 1st few minutes of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDugybqK3M
    I hear Sifu Grados learnt most of his WC from Master Augustine Fong and his top representative in NYC.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    The nature of WCK as an art is very disjointed. Many lineages and little agreement between them. A lot of bickering. A lot of closemindedness.

This forum is a reflection of that. As such, moderation is light, mostly just removing internet challenges and the most blatant personal attacks. There are a lot of dead WCK forums around, which is probably what would happen to this one if moderation increased to the point where everyone only talked in a friendly discussion. People don't see eye to eye. So they disagree and if conversation continues people eventually get to a place of understanding one another, at least a little bit. Sometimes conversation doesn't continue.

I guess I'd just say this forum is a reflection of reality.

And that while there are some cool concepts and discussions, there's a lot of static interspersed that you just have to ignore. Pick and choose what interests you and what you want to respond to.

Just my .02.
    The lack of respect for the son's of Ip Man always get me. Anyone who knows Chinese culture would understand that Ip Man would have trusted his own sons with his legacy...

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    I hear Sifu Grados learnt most of his WC from Master Augustine Fong and his top representative in NYC.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not quite true-some seminars yes- regular instruction- no -afaik. I have briefly rolled with him ,
    He seems to be doing fairly well in his own path.