Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial arts training

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What will this training be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVssGETPAs0
    Hey, why don't you try that with a couple hundred pound bag of water, it might be a little harder to do.

Depends on what stage the students are at.

I liked when they got to the point that every class was about 1 hour learning and practicing applications with a partner, and 2-3 hours of medium contact continuous sparring.

The students would spar until they were too tired to continue, then it would be the next guys' turn. I would spar 3 in a row then break. I also coached during the sparring to correct mistakes and point out how to capitalize on things they could do well.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Depends on what stage the students are at.

I liked when they got to the point that every class was about 1 hour learning and practicing applications with a partner, and 2-3 hours of medium contact continuous sparring.

The students would spar until they were too tired to continue, then it would be the next guys' turn. I would spar 3 in a row then break. I also coached during the sparring to correct mistakes and point out how to capitalize on things they could do well.
    Nowadays we hang up a heavy bag at the park, and I work mostly on that. The students are mostly newer, so they are learning fundamental stuff. My teaching partner, who is more patient than me for that stuff, drills the students on that.