Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Morality in a teacher

Good one, s_r

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    *stops sacrificing virgin and hides knife*
    Yeah...you guys...
    But we tried that virgin sacrifice on Lucas and he squirreled out with the zombie clause.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'll get off my 8 leg horse when I'm ready to sacrifice it!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Poor Lucas, they even wrote about the whole debacle !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'll get off my 8 leg horse when I'm ready to sacrifice it!
    You can't sacrifice Sleipnir!!!

For one thing, it isn't a virgin...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Poor Lucas, they even wrote about the whole debacle !
    worst post ever for you S_R

we are all disappoint....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    worst post ever for you S_R

we are all disappoint....
    Blame Lucas, he should look more like this:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I don't think that is a virgin either....

But if Lucas looked like that!!!

I think I'd classify myself as gay as buckets!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You can't tame my dragon biznitches!!!!

If I looked like that I'd take my own virginity, and I'd probably not leave home much, unless I was going to a lesbian bar.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    We must follow the Gods as an example of how to conduct our lives so that we might entertain them upon their lofty position over our realm. That is why we should look to the Odinson to learn how to drink, womanize, steal and fight.
    i follow wombat. wombat not steal, wombat take. strong.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

can wombat kombat teach me how to crush the strong so that i bask in the lamentations of their women and bathe in a fountain of their tears?

You are all bat shit crazy.

We work together to benefit ourselves in our primary drive to survive and procreate. EVERYTHING else is supposed to support that. There mos def is a collective will to survive that is tied in with the individual drive. You can call that morality if you like.

David, your heart pumps blood. I never liked the heart analogy. It's just a remnant of ignorance. Yall need to get over that stuff. If we did have some innate morality, it would be in our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post

We work together to benefit ourselves in our primary drive to survive and procreate. EVERYTHING else is supposed to support that. There mos def is a collective will to survive that is tied in with the individual drive. You can call that morality if you like.

David, your heart pumps blood. I never liked the heart analogy. It's just a remnant of ignorance. Yall need to get over that stuff. If we did have some innate morality, it would be in our heads.
    I think morality is a glimpse into a deeper mechanism of our evolution. More complex than what you say.

The 'collective mind' over powers the individual. There is example within the animal kingdom of altruism. Without complex minds it stands to reason this is an evolutionary advantage. One sacrifice himself for the many.

But when we think about it, all the virtues are evolutionary advantage. We take pride in teaching another person, his is how our instinct rewards us for correct behaviour, teaching enhances our species and other animals do it. Ask a question on the forum, look how many people try to help you to no material advantage of their own.

Thus if these virtues of human behaviour become advantages to survival then they become evolutionary forces. Society will have bent the species to its will and society itself is formed from our nature.

So in a deeper sense Virtue is inevitable. It is the correct behaviour written into our DNA. And I believe it will be a consequence of all sentience. All life everywhere will require these same advantages.

If so then it is an absolute law of the universe.

On the heart, it is important to treat the conscious mind and the unconscious instinctive emotional mind separately. In old terminology, before the concept of the unconscious both east and west used the term 'heart' to mean that aspect of the mind. it is a better word.

ethics or moral codes

each school has its codes of conduct

or door rules

men gui

--

spelt out on the first day of school

written on a banner or plaque

--

every one follows

including teachers

--

morality applied for all

--

YOur opinion is duly noted, but I haveto ask you, what is it that makes you feel in love? What makes you feel sorry for someone? Etc.

heart is a metaphor for emotional wisdom and isn't literal so, yes, I know what the heart is and that it pumps blood and I am going to guess that you probably understood my inference but I am ok with explaining it further.

Anyway, your personage is not a device for carrying your brain around. lol. You are the entirety of your being. It is not a remnant of ignorance, it is ignorant to deny the emotional content that is within you and to think that you can control that with an on off switch like a math problem. You can't.

That feeling is there whether you want to think it away or not.
    If you don't like analogy, that's cool, but be prepared to be stuck in circles of semantics and pedantic drivel and tautological jerk offery.

But if you prefer that, well, whatever floats your boat.

metaphor, allegory, analogy etc are perfectly acceptable forms of communication especially if we can assume everyone has a similar ability to understand.

Literalness and absolutism is often foolish though and invalid long before an analogy or allegory has lost it's connection to a given thing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The heart of morality

You're just figuring that out now? Well, good on you. Just remember, when it comes to the forum, birds of a feather...

I never liked the heart analogy. It's just a remnant of ignorance.
    Actually, it's the new interpretation of the word that gives it the anatomical aspect - sort of a renaming, if you will. The root word for coronary - cor - is connected to 'courage', 'cordial' and 'cardio' - three concepts that are key to martial arts, IMO. That being said, I use 'heart' a lot in my next cover story, the one for the May June 2013, which is currently at press.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart