Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Morality in a teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    You are all bat shit crazy.
    You think this is bat shit crazy, check out where I've taken the UFO OT thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    You think this is bat shit crazy, check out where I've taken the UFO OT thread.

Yeah I did. And I am starting to think maybe I shouldn't have opened that door.

I guess I can't complain of thread crossover since I'm a serious offender myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah I did. And I am starting to think maybe I shouldn't have opened that door.

I guess I can't complain of thread crossover since I'm a serious offender myself.
    LOL take a walk on the wild side!!! It's got UFOs, Religion, Atheists, and apedos! I think I'll ad cryptozoology to that thread to help round it out.

LOL take a walk on the wild side!!! It's got UFOs, Religion, Atheists, and apedos! I think I'll ad cryptozoology to that thread to help round it out.
    What I would really like to know is, "Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    ROTFL!!!

Scott R. Brown for the Win!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    YOur opinion is duly noted, but I haveto ask you, what is it that makes you feel in love? What makes you feel sorry for someone? Etc.

heart is a metaphor for emotional wisdom and isn't literal so, yes, I know what the heart is and that it pumps blood and I am going to guess that you probably understood my inference but I am ok with explaining it further.

Anyway, your personage is not a device for carrying your brain around. lol. You are the entirety of your being. It is not a remnant of ignorance, it is ignorant to deny the emotional content that is within you and to think that you can control that with an on off switch like a math problem. You can't.

That feeling is there whether you want to think it away or not.
    If you don't like analogy, that's cool, but be prepared to be stuck in circles of semantics and pedantic drivel and tautological jerk offery.

But if you prefer that, well, whatever floats your boat.

metaphor, allegory, analogy etc are perfectly acceptable forms of communication especially if we can assume everyone has a similar ability to understand.

Literalness and absolutism is often foolish though and invalid long before an analogy or allegory has lost it's connection to a given thing.
    Why can't emotions just be a mechanism? Why do the have to be attached to a soul?

Yeah I know what you meant by heart. I just don't like the analogy. It assumes that things attributed to "having heart" are separate from our thinking apparatus.

And what about people who have no empathy? Are they soulless?

HEY!!! Leave the African Private Enterprise Development Organization out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Not, THAT is evil !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Order on the forum, I say!

Please keep the UFO and SD discussions confined to their respective threads.

No?

Oh well...never mind then...

At the very least, make sure you click-through our topmost banner this week. They are paying the rent now. Support the forum with your clicks. Click often!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I am click banner many time.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    At the very least, make sure you click-through our topmost banner this week. They are paying the rent now. Support the forum with your clicks. Click often!
    Done and done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I am click banner many time.
    You speech good amercanize !

thanks you. I has the greats. i are experted with maths in addition to my top amercanize.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thanks you. I has the greats. i are experted with maths in addition to my top amercanize.

Thanks again to all of you who clicked through

I've moved all the posts that were discussing MTW to the MTW thread now. That would be the on topic 'moral' thing to do. Besides, the advertisers will only look at that thread, not this one, if they look at any thread at all. Again, thanks for your support on this everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart