Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buddha hand snake crane wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Pakua4581 View Post
    This is not the system that ive learnt Hendrick,nor is the system related to Henry Leung.

You can classify the moves as snake or crane origin,but that is true of all Wing Chun.
    You align yourself with what your opponent is doing and nullify an attack accordingly.
    The snake crane wing Chun of sifu Wayne Yung and YKS lineage are sister linege from red boat pre 1900.

Yes, snake crane are applied to all red boat lineage WCK.

Henry Leung Lineage is a different evolution.

From your description , the lineage you learn, seem to be an evolution instead of the direct red boat opera actor related lineage or post 1900 WCK.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Hendrik;1214404]As we can see above, in the Red boat era or atleast with 1890 Snake Crane Wing Chun documentary, Tan Sau is a snake technic. Tong Kiu is a Crane technic. These are different technics with different applications. instead of many today called them Tan or High Tan. or simply get rid of the Tan but leave only High Tan.

This also brought up the legend of Tan Sau Ng which is rised by Pan Nam and then endose by Ip Chun decade ago. So, which is the Tan Sau of Tan Sau Ng who claim to be the master of Tan Sau?

if it is Tan sau as the snake hand above, that is the technology of Emei snake. if it is the Tong Kiu, it is actually the Zhao Yang of Fujian White Crane. Both Tan Sau existed in the pre 1900 Siu lin/Nim tau set from different red boat era WCK lineages.

the Tan Sau above is located in the one tan three fook section. while the Tong Kiu or Zhao Yang is in the end of the Siu Lin/nim Tau set.

Thus, technologically, based on the Red Boat era WCK technics and the content of Siu lin/nim tau set. the legend of Tan Sau Ng, doesnt hold. the above two technics, the Tong Kiu and the Tan Sau could be trace to both Fujian white Crane and Emei snake. but not Shao lin. none of the Shao Lin has this type of technology for the past 1000 years in the TCMA history.

I would love to see any one could pin point which Shao Lin has this type of technology, if one know where. and open to accept it. however, in the mean time, we can trace these to emei and fujian. and via these, the legend of Tan Sau Ng doesnt hold. Tan Sau Ng is a Red boat opera member however the rest of the claim address by Pan Nam has no evidence to support.

not to mention we now know, the split of single set system of WCK to the three set system happen in the 1855 era. and thus in 1850, WCK in the red boat is a single set system, as we could heard the story from different older lineages such as Leong Jan's and other lineages.[/QUOTE

In my SLT i do what you call the snake hand tan sao,and when i do chun Kiu I do what you call Crane hand or Tong Kiu pattern. but to me i just look at it as the same eventhough they have a different action. The Chinese characters for both tans should be different if your correct.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Pre 1900 slt both these technics exist in it. They are very different basic core WCK technics. Mess up these two technics means mess up the WCK momentum handling.
    These are also a signature of knowing the identity of the version of evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    In my SLT i do what you call the snake hand tan sao,and when i do chun Kiu I do what you call Crane hand or Tong Kiu pattern. but to me i just look at it as the same eventhough they have a different action. The Chinese characters for both tans should be different if your correct.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Pre 1900 slt both these technics exist in it. They are very different basic core WCK technics. Mess up these two technics means mess up the WCK momentum handling.
    These are also a signature of knowing the identity of the version of evolution.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those photos did not do a thing for me-anyway.
    Sorry,but honest.

5. What do you think of the Form,Mr Choudry?
    Here is the link again,I am the one in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQyVn...e_gdata_player

Regards,
    Yasser
    The "Old" Yang style of Taiji
    Hakka Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu

Some says
    Jong Kuen

This form is an ancestral Wing Chun form that has been lost in the modernizations that ocured in Hong Kong. According to modern research Wing Chun was original 1 form, 4 sections. Wong Wah Bo and Leung Jan broke the single form down into the standard 3 form. The 4th section/form was typicaly integrated into the Jong form and weapon forms. The set teachs all the core footwork, as well as contains the core cycles of the Wing Chun System. Ng Chun So passed his version down to Several students. Chan family preserves the 4th form as well,as well as Lo Kwai the pork sellers decendents, suggesting that Yip Man either didnt learn it or didnt pass it down, possibly integrating it into his Weapon sets.

IMHO.

However, your set with its signature of "nine turn flying snake spine indicates mastering of the arm" seems to be from the yks or snake crane wing Chun lineage side.

We know today, it is very likely that after leung LAN Kwai, WCK passed down by three lines, Wong wah Bo, lo man Kung, and yik kam. The set in the video seem to be the lo man Kung line of set. And lo man Kung line is the yks source.

What do you think of the Form,Mr Choudry?

Regards,
    Yasser

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those photos did not do a thing for me-anyway.
    Sorry,but honest.

If you are from the yks or snake crane wing Chun lineage you can identify the technics of these photos and its applcation within the Jong kuen set Paul is practice.

Since your are from Ipman lineage, to not see them is usual.

What do you think of the Form,Mr Choudry?

Regards,
    Yasser
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Yasser-I try not to commnet on what I dont know. I paid attention to what you were doing
    and got a some sense for what you were doing.I don't know yet how you get power and acceleration in the motions.

I am fairly deeply immersed in perspectives from a particular Ip Man lineage so my comments
    may not be useful tp practitioners of your version.

You do Yang taichi and southern mantis.? What kind pf mantis. A now deceased friend was in tong long among other things (Sifu Gin Foon MarK)a nd I had a little sense of that version.

Good wishes

Some says
    Jong Kuen

This form is an ancestral Wing Chun form that has been lost in the modernizations that ocured in Hong Kong. According to modern research Wing Chun was original 1 form, 4 sections. Wong Wah Bo and Leung Jan broke the single form down.
    This is your typical misinformation.
    Snake Crane WC has three forms. Snake Crane has nothing to do with Wong Wah Bo or Leung Jan.

Their ancestor learned direct from Dai Fa Min Kam. They inherited three sets from Dai Fa Min Kam. This is fact.

Dai Fa Min Kam also passed down the Jong Kuen form. This form can be seen in the Chung Chu Man lineage of Shaolin Weng Chun.

Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Fung Sui Ching -----> Dong Jik -----> Chung Chu Man = modern day Shaolin Weng Chun
    Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Law Tiu Wen ----> Law Ting Chau ---> Law Chiu Wing = modern day Snake Crane Wing Chun
    Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Fung Siu Ching ---> Yui Kay San = modern day YKSWC

No mention of one long set in Wing Chun Kuen. Weng Chun Kuen has Jong Kuen. No SNT, CK, BJ

No one long set in Snake Crane WC. Only three sets SNT, CK, BJ

You may believe you have the "original" but no one else is buying it.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

1. Learn how to read will be good for you.

2. Jong kuen, This form is an ancestral Wing Chun form that has been lost in the modernizations that ocured in Hong Kong.

According to modern research Wing Chun was original 1 form, 4 sections. Wong Wah Bo and Leung Jan broke the single form down into the standard 3 form.

The 4th section/form was typicaly integrated into the Jong form and weapon forms.

The set teachs all the core footwork, as well as contains the core cycles of the Wing Chun System. Ng Chun So passed his version down to Several students. Chan family preserves the 4th form as well,as well as Lo Kwai the pork sellers decendents, suggesting that Yip Man either didnt learn it or didnt pass it down, possibly integrating it into his Weapon sets.

http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...n=WCP.JongKuen

3. This is not wing Chun snake crane Jong kuen talking here. Not the Jong kuen as describe above.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2dlETgMsGU

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    This is your typical misinformation.
    Snake Crane WC has three forms. Snake Crane has nothing to do with Wong Wah Bo or Leung Jan.

Their ancestor learned direct from Dai Fa Min Kam. They inherited three sets from Dai Fa Min Kam. This is fact.

Dai Fa Min Kam also passed down the Jong Kuen form. This form can be seen in the Chung Chu Man lineage of Shaolin Weng Chun.

Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Fung Sui Ching -----> Dong Jik -----> Chung Chu Man = modern day Shaolin Weng Chun
    Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Law Tiu Wen ----> Law Ting Chau ---> Law Chiu Wing = modern day Snake Crane Wing Chun
    Dai Fa Min Kam ---> Fung Siu Ching ---> Yui Kay San = modern day YKSWC

No mention of one long set in Wing Chun Kuen. Weng Chun Kuen has Jong Kuen. No SNT, CK, BJ

No one long set in Snake Crane WC. Only three sets SNT, CK, BJ

You may believe you have the "original" but no one else is buying it.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-27-2013 at 02:29 PM.

1. Learn to stop writing about the same thing over and over again.

2. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/boring

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    1. Learn to stop writing about the same thing over and over again.

2. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/boring

We are discussing Jong kuen here. Can you read English?

Can you read English?
    A lot better than you can write it

here are Sifu Wayne Yung article on Snake Crane Wing Chun lineage cut to fit the down load size
    That's possibly the worst expression of tan sao and tan kiu that I've ever seen.

1. Learn how to read will be good for you.
    You learn to read and have a conversation. I was refering to your attempt to shove your same BS down our throat AGAIN!

There are no ancestors that passed only one long set except Yik Kam.

You try to align your own creation of YKTWC with SCWC but even they have three sets as passed down by Dai Fa Min Kam.

Stop your misinformation.

I knew you couldn't ignore me. Its only been a couple of days and you're back. Pitiful, your kung fu is weak sauce homeboy.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"