That is awesome. ha ha ha

Where did you find it?

Blog Entries
    The same place i found this little publication about the Green Grass Monk

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Funny picture - Monks with swords...thought they were not supposed to use bladed weapons

Good find!

Blog Entries
    Funny picture - Monks with swords...thought they were not supposed to use bladed weapons

Good find!
    remember, they were trying to overthrow the government. i guess swords would be better than sticks. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    remember, they were trying to overthrow the government. i guess swords would be better than sticks. lol
    I agree completely I just always find it funny how people think that the monks were so high and mighty. I think some ate meat, drank wine, etc...If your brothers weilding staffs were being killed by blades it would be safe to assume they would be smart enough to pick up blades themselves.

Blog Entries
    I agree completely I just always find it funny how people think that the monks were so high and mighty. I think some ate meat, drank wine, etc...If your brothers weilding staffs were being killed by blades it would be safe to assume they would be smart enough to pick up blades themselves.
    u got that right

In the book "shaolin monastery history, religion and chinese martial arts" by meir shahar there is an historical account of a monk killing a lady from behind with an iron staff who was fleeing a battle site. I guess its a bad idea to be a pacifist in a war....
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

hskwarrior,

Pardon my ignorance but why exactly has that book caused CLF headaches? Now I'm curious!

It's a fictionalized account of the founding of the Hung Sing school and differs from what some Chan family members like to give as their history.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Blog Entries
    the book has caused all of CLF head aches because a few of our elders claim the history within this book is wrong. however, i highly doubt any of our elders really read that book. I think some have been told what was in it, but to tell the truth no one really knows whats exactly in it either. the book is very hard to find these days. but im trying to get this book so i can see exactly what is causing so much drama.

Blog Entries
    come to think about it, the only people i remember making a stink about this book really comes from the students of Doc Fai Wong. he was really the person making the biggest stink by writing his book and saying that the first book was where we got our history from. but what DFW was saying was in the book ISN'T the history as we know it.

there is allegedly something in this book that says jeung hung sing saved Chan Heung over some water rights. this is something we never heard of or even mentioned it before.

the biggest problem came when THEY tried to tell us our own history.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    come to think about it, the only people i remember making a stink about this book really comes from the students of Doc Fai Wong. he was really the person making the biggest stink by writing his book and saying that the first book was where we got our history from. but what DFW was saying was in the book ISN'T the history as we know it.

there is allegedly something in this book that says jeung hung sing saved Chan Heung over some water rights. this is something we never heard of or even mentioned it before.

the biggest problem came when THEY tried to tell us our own history.
    Again Frank? It wasn't that long ago that you were trotting out that story.
    Also, Doc Fai Wong is not THEY, he is your senior (by 2 generations) in the Futsan line
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Again Frank? It wasn't that long ago that you were trotting out that story.
    Also, Doc Fai Wong is not THEY, he is your senior (by 2 generations) in the Futsan line
    i wasn't lying.

Doc Fai Wong stopped being my Sisook Gung once he left our school. In person i do respect him as such because i was taught right. but the truth is, he is no longer involved with our lineage in any way shape or form. that isn't the sign of someone part of a lineage, family, group or whatever. I eat dinner at certain restaurants. aside from being a patron, it doesn't make me part of that business. So lets be real. Doc Fai Wong learned HSCLF from 63-67. His interaction with our school ended shortly after that. he doesn't promote us. and i know why he first learned gung fu in the first place. It was something he told my sifu directly. that statement was all i needed to know and makes sense to why he left us after his sifu passed.

and i was answering a question. it was YOU who butted into this conversation. so, if you're looking to liven this place up a bit with a confrontation. LETS DO IT.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 02-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    PS......

Copy and paste the story of me saying Jeung Hung Sing defended Chan Heung frome being beat up over water rights.

Ben, i know you haven't read that book. you are just spouting out what DFW told you. unless you read it, you're just spoutng off. spout away. LOL