Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It was nice while it lasted....

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    No, Paul, not you. Its just a general malaise about talking about the same thing over and over again with the MMA fan boyz. Dave returning to doesn't help either. I can foresee a million pages of troll crap from him. I'm just tired. I could just be grouchy. I'm surprised I've not been banned yet.
    When I got tired of it, some 7 or 8 years ago, I quit trying to have meaningful conversations. The thing is, everyone has their own opinion, and that opinion is based upon what they consider to be true facts (foundational principles) about fighting, the martial arts, life, etc.

Since everyone accepts different foundational principles they will come to different conclusions based upon those principles. In the end, it isn't worth taking it all too seriously. The fate of the universe is not held in the balance.

Have fun and don't take it all too seriously, it isn't worth it, or significant in the big picture of your life.

P.S. I like it that Dave is back! Don't take him too seriously either!

Every knew know it all...

and its 32 years by now.
    Well then, time to move on buddy, the body is getting old , father time favors no-one.

still not too bright are you.....LOL Lebaufist=tsifuabeL
    Didn't know, didn't care!!!

Still don't care now that I do know! You did give something away when you mentioned Dave being back and not just anyone knows Dave!

But still don't care, so that makes you not too bright for thinking that anyone SHOULD or WOULD care!!!!

:

Did I say....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    When I got tired of it, some 7 or 8 years ago, I quit trying to have meaningful conversations. The thing is, everyone has their own opinion, and that opinion is based upon what they consider to be true facts (foundational principles) about fighting, the martial arts, life, etc.

Since everyone accepts different foundational principles they will come to different conclusions based upon those principles. In the end, it isn't worth taking it all too seriously. The fate of the universe is not held in the balance.

Have fun and don't take it all too seriously, it isn't worth it, or significant in the big picture of your life.

P.S. I like it that Dave is back! Don't take him too seriously either!
    It's like I say:
    Express your views, justify them the best you can and let the chips all where they may.
    Sometimes the person gets it, sometimes we get it, sometimes the reader gets it, sometimes no one gets it, LOL !
    Either way, when this stops being fun, what are we doing then?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Its just a general malaise about talking about the same thing over and over again with the MMA fan boyz. Dave returning to doesn't help either. I can foresee a million pages of troll crap from him. I'm just tired. I could just be grouchy. I'm surprised I've not been banned yet.
    There are people here who believes:

- Modern method is better than ancient method.
    - MMA is better than TCMA.
    - Internal is better than external.
    - TCMA is for health, self-cultivation, performance, and inner peace.

No matter what you may say, they will never agree with you. Just express your opinion and try not to argue with those guys. This way, you won't raise up your blood pressure and lose sleeping.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Like anything in life, you will get out of it what you put into it and it's important that you come to be able to discern what is worthwhile engaging and what is not.

As most of us are grown men, I would say to any of you that revert to feces throwing because you haven't figured out how to communicate effectively or who communicates effectively and is therefore worthwhile conversing with, then..grow up, get a pair and join us in our manliness!

Or by all means, continue in the death spiral of monotony.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Glad to hear that because, as you know, discussion forums are for discussing and debating opposing opinions.
    No they are not!

It's like I say:
    Express your views, justify them the best you can and let the chips all where they may.
    Sometimes the person gets it, sometimes we get it, sometimes the reader gets it, sometimes no one gets it, LOL !
    Either way, when this stops being fun, what are we doing then?
    <Sniff Sniff>

That's beautiful, Man!!!!

OOps thought lebau was banned. I guess I tried my old handle and it it stuck there. had to change browsers.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes the person gets it, ... sometimes no one gets it,
    If you can just help one single person, your keyboard typing time will be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This way, you won't raise up your blood pressure and lose sleeping.
    Never do , really. You John are one of the few that makes this page worth anything at all. The rest of it just makes me dizzy.

Scott you're a grade A idiot and I don't care if you choke on your Geritol. You are definitely NOT a reason for me to care.

Blog Entries
    discussion forums are for discussing and debating opposing opinions.
    I don't think the forum is for "debating". You express your opinion and I express mine. If you don't agree with me, That's fine. If I don't agree with you that's fine too. What is there for "debating"?

If you say that you can kick my ass and I say that you can't. How are we going to prove it unless oneday that you and I meet face to face?

Never do , really. You John are one of the few that makes this page worth anything at all. The rest of it just makes me dizzy.
    I agree with you there, he has the most class here!

Scott you're a grade A idiot and I don't care if you choke on your Geritol. You are definitely NOT a reason for me to care.
    Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today!!!

Does Abel need a hug???

It's really more MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    There are people here who believes:

- Modern method is better than ancient method.
    - MMA is better than TCMA.
    - Internal is better than external.
    - TCMA is for health, self-cultivation, performance, and inner peace.
    When you really boil it down, it's really all about "my way is better than your way" which is absurd from the get go because we are all so different (especially Syn7 ). My way might be best for me, but who knows if it will work for you?

Lebaufist=tsifuabeL
    way to give it away...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    When you really boil it down, it's really all about "my way is better than your way" which is absurd from the get go because we are all so different (especially Syn7 ). My way might be best for me, but who knows if it will work for you?
    Every time I try to go YOUR way, it becomes MY way!

Then I try to go YOUR way again, and once again, IT BECOMES MY WAY!!!

I couldn't win, until I realized that I can only go MY way, and I can never go your WAY!!

Then I fell asleep and forgot what I was trying to do in the first place!

Who said they were leaving again?

Was it YOU or ME??