Thread: World War Z

World War Z

For all you zombie apocalypse fans out there...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/worldwarz/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

World War Z was an excellent book and this trailer looks really good, so I have high hopes for the movie. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    For all you zombie apocalypse fans out there...

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/worldwarz/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

World War Z was an excellent book and this trailer looks really good, so I have high hopes for the movie. Enjoy!
    there is a post about this already and that trailer looks like sheep **** in shallow water... cgi zombies? um no...

It'd be better if the producers actually read the book that it was supposed to based on. LOL

I'll probably still watch it though.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    there is a post about this already and that trailer looks like sheep **** in shallow water... cgi zombies? um no...
    hahaha! Sheep shi in shallow water. I like it!

As for the CGI, it's in everything now unfortunately, but with this movie I don't see how it's possible to recreate the hoards of zombies climbing up the wall for instance with real actors. In the book it's about the sheer masses of zombies in every part of the world climbing over each other and other stuff like busses, walls, armies...etc at full speed rather than just small clusters.

I just hope they stick to the story line as much as possible.

Edit: By the way, I performed a search for posts and threads on this movie and didn't find any so sorry for harshing your mello with a repost. To the moderators, please feel free to delete this thread if you like.
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 02-27-2013 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Possible repost

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    It'd be better if the producers actually read the book that it was supposed to based on. LOL

I'll probably still watch it though.
    I hope they read the book too.

To me 28 Days Later set the standard for this type of movie even though it was a rage virus rather than a full on zombie thing, so this one is going to have to be really good to get close to that movie.

I'm opposed to CGI blood...

...therefore I must be opposed to CGI zombies too.

I thought there was a thread on this too already but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it was just a mention on our Zombies! thread. I'm really over zombie movies, but I'm looking forward to this, just so I can sling some more monk spades, so I'll let this thread stand unless someone can find a WWZ thread that our search engine overlooked.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

I thought there was a thread on this too already but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it was just a mention on our Zombies! thread. I'm really over zombie movies, but I'm looking forward to this, just so I can sling some more monk spades, so I'll let this thread stand unless someone can find a WWZ thread that our search engine overlooked.

Okay, you may delete this thread with all haste. I found it on page 12 after scanning through the zombie thread. Sorry about the double post but I really did search before creating this thread.

I shall now do a hundred pushups as punishment!

That must mean you didn't like Ninja Assassin, an idea which puts my whole world akimbo.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I liked seeing Sho don a ninja hood again

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    That must mean you didn't like Ninja Assassin, an idea which puts my whole world akimbo.
    But I didn't care for the CGI ninjas or CGI blood. I enjoyed interviewing Rain.

Okay, you may delete this thread with all haste.
    I'm not deleting it. I was thinking of merging it, but given this might be big this summer, I'll leave it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

But I didn't care for the CGI ninjas or CGI blood. I enjoyed interviewing Rain.

I'm not deleting it. I was thinking of merging it, but given this might be big this summer, I'll leave it.
    That works for me, thanks Gene! And, I hope the monk spades fly off the shelves.

I liked Ninja Assassin but I agree the CGI blood and ninjas was a bit over the top. It was great giggle fodder for me and the wife though.

You've interviewed some really cool characters over the years and some of the places you travel to leave me a bit envious. I'm seriously not trying to kiss arse here but I do think you have a great job!

hahaha! Sheep shi in shallow water. I like it!

As for the CGI, it's in everything now unfortunately, but with this movie I don't see how it's possible to recreate the hoards of zombies climbing up the wall for instance with real actors. In the book it's about the sheer masses of zombies in every part of the world climbing over each other and other stuff like busses, walls, armies...etc at full speed rather than just small clusters.

I just hope they stick to the story line as much as possible.

Edit: By the way, I performed a search for posts and threads on this movie and didn't find any so sorry for harshing your mello with a repost. To the moderators, please feel free to delete this thread if you like.
    yet walking dead has already done it... so no excuses...you got a 100million+ budget movie....you dont be lazy and you get it done.

yet walking dead has already done it... so no excuses...you got a 100million+ budget movie....you dont be lazy and you get it done.
    You're the filmmaker so I'm probably fighting a loosing battle here but I'm curious if you read the book?

I've watched the Walking Dead and a few people battling a few dozen to a few hundred zombies is much different than millions of zombies overrunning entire modern armies. With a 100million+ budget wouldn't the money run out really quick on just paying all the extras?

There are scenes in the book where hundreds of thousands if not millions of zombies are pilled up in circles around entire battalions dozens of feet high with the military firing away at them for hours and hours and hours at a time. I don't want to spoil to much here so I'll leave it at that.

I don't like overly CGI'd movies but I can't imagine a way to get a few hundred thousand live bodies to allow other live bodies to climb over them at full speed let alone to the height of a couple of dozen feet. Not to mention the ocean scenes with... Oops, almost spoiled that.

its all about camera angles man..seriously thou, the effects looks poor and cheap. look at lord of the rings.. thats how it should be done.. in close ups you use REAL people in wide shots you take those real people and multiply them..thats using effects effectively.. without just giving everything up to effects.. the director of this project bumbled it up so much...its the reason why it got pushed back.

its all about camera angles man..seriously thou, the effects looks poor and cheap. look at lord of the rings.. thats how it should be done.. in close ups you use REAL people in wide shots you take those real people and multiply them..thats using effects effectively.. without just giving everything up to effects.. the director of this project bumbled it up so much...its the reason why it got pushed back.
    Lord of the rings was a great example to use so I can see your point. I'll probably watch WWZ anyway but I'm a masochist like that. If they just stick to the story line then I'll be fairly satisfied. Sadly it seems that most movies are going the way of overly gratuitous CGI.

Lord of the rings was a great example to use so I can see your point. I'll probably watch WWZ anyway but I'm a masochist like that. If they just stick to the story line then I'll be fairly satisfied. Sadly it seems that most movies are going the way of overly gratuitous CGI.
    i havent seen the movie but trust me..they didnt stick to the story, they never do.