Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could a WCner do any better?

Could a WCner do any better?

Only if he understood grappling and ground fighting and had actually trained for years full force against someone of Royce's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Only if he understood grappling and ground fighting and had actually trained for years full force against someone of Royce's ability.
    So would have have to train a different style? Or just stick with WC, but practice on the ground?

Question I get asked alot...

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer7 View Post
    So would have have to train a different style? Or just stick with WC, but practice on the ground?

Yes, he'd have to do significant practice on the ground. Without doing that, he'd be quadruple amputee swimming in a pool with a shark.

As far as practicing a different style, I suppose, eventually he'd figure out what to do on the ground, but it sure wouldn't look much like wing chun. It would be a whole lot more efficient simple to learn a style that specializes in ground fighting.

Needs

to

cross

train

Yes, he'd have to do significant practice on the ground. Without doing that, he'd be quadruple amputee swimming in a pool with a shark.

As far as practicing a different style, I suppose, eventually he'd figure out what to do on the ground, but it sure wouldn't look much like wing chun. It would be a whole lot more efficient simple to learn a style that specializes in ground fighting.
    But this is just a fight, the kung fu guy wasn't able to stop guy going to the ground...

But this is just a fight, the kung fu guy wasn't able to stop guy going to the ground...
    He could have trained wrestling, which would have given him a better chance of not being taken down.

He could have trained wrestling, which would have given him a better chance of not being taken down.
    So you don't think WC alone can stop you going down?

So you don't think WC alone can stop you going down?
    Only if you train it for years against someone who knows takedowns. And, once again, it's not going to look much like wing chun anymore. It would resemble much more what you see in mma for defending takedowns.

How about a Judo guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vId1v6N0SEU

Or, what if a Wing Chun guy studied Judo... Would he even still be a Wing Chun guy...

I looked up the meaning of MMA just to be sure and yup, it means mixed martial arts so technically any mix of martial arts could be considered MMA right. So whats the point of continuing these stupid unproductive arguments. I mean these to be rhetorical questions so I really don't need an answer. I just thought I'd contribute to your stroke-fest of the MMA world. You're really eat up with it man. This is just my opinion but I think you should just try to relax and enjoy life and let those who like this art or any others be what they want to be. Who gives a shit if Wing Chun or whatever art you are hating on at the moment does whatever.

it's not going to look much like wing chun anymore. It would resemble much more what you see in mma for defending takedowns.
    in this day and age, Wing Chun doesn't even look like Wing Chun anymore.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

IMHO
    1. Bjj guy knows his art well.
    2. The striker doesn't know his game, and actually playing like playing instead of fighting.
    3. There is a hidden rule here , if that rule is broken, the grapple will have not much advantage.

So, coud wcner do better? Yes, get the snake body, no guaranty to win but Atleast one can play while this striker can't. But if you don't have a snake body, but rely on those robot yjkym and holding geometry structure, instead of snake body momentum handling, then you are looking for trouble.

Btw. This guy is not a kungfu man.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-27-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Only if you train it for years against someone who knows takedowns. And, once again, it's not going to look much like wing chun anymore. It would resemble much more what you see in mma for defending takedowns.
    You remind me of Terence .

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    IMHO
    1. Bjj guy knows his art well.
    2. The striker doesn't know his game, and actually playing like playing instead of fighting.
    3. There is a hidden rule here , if that rule is broken, the grapple will have not much advantage.

So, coud wcner do better? Yes, get the snake body, no guaranty to win but Atleast one can play while this striker can't. But if you don't have a snake body, but rely on those robot yjkym and holding geometry structure, instead of snake body momentum handling, then you are looking for trouble.

Btw. This guy is not a kungfu man.
    How would you know??

Your experience in dealing with a BJJ guy?

Your tip is to get a snake body?

Heres a tip, dont give advice where you have no expertise (fighting)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    How would you know??

Your experience in dealing with a BJJ guy?

Your tip is to get a snake body?

Heres a tip, dont give advice where you have no expertise (fighting)

I say IMHO .
    You sure can keep believe in your nim lik and triangle yjkym....ect. As you don't like my critics of those demo stuffs.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.