Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Countering the hook punch

There must be several other threads discussing the same issue.

Your gonna get hit in a fight or sparring match. Learn to take a hit and Deal with it or you can be like Hendrik and cut your own testicles off in search of mystical power and research old chinese fictional kung fu kids novels for new fighting ideas.

If you dont want to get hit, then dont fight and practise the art of running instead.

Just because you get hit, doesnt mean the technique is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    right in Chum Kiu, u clearly see a 2 handed limb destruction technique.
    You think you see that but that is not what it is for and i will be as sarky as I like.

Apologies. It's not for that in my system. You can use it for what you like. If you think that chum kiu is for arm destruction LOL then that's fine by me sweet heart x
    Last edited by Graham H; 03-10-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Perhaps but maybe it's you. Who knows? Not you that's for sure.

If my Teacher was duped then so was WSL. Maybe even Ip Man was duped as he seems to have taught 1000 different variations of a system that is supposed to be simple, efficient and direct.

Does it really matter?

If you are the one that has all the correct ideas with your 5 tan saus then I should probably stop training because its a pretty poor concept.
    What's interesting is you don't have any comments regarding any of the technical info I provided - just some snide remarks that mean little to me. Even among the different WSL guys there's differing oppions on what you're saying. So if there is confusion even on this one thing among the students of WSL, how can you be so sure you've got the 'right' way among them.... (hope you are seeing the point here about the stupidity of arguing about who's right based on who got what from whom..)

What I really appreciate about the system I train in, there is no 'he said/she said' second guessing. No 'sifu showed it this way' - the answers come directly from the checks & balances built into the system. It's not about me being correct or not, it's about what works and what doesn't from an understanding of space, structure, leverage, contact points, position/facing, energy on the bridge etc from a system perspective - not someone's interpretation of what some teacher told them.
    And by saying this, I'm not saying one way is better or more right, just that there is no need to argue about who sifu gave 'the real stuff' too if one understands the core system concepts & principles...

Now, if you want to simplify the system to the point that everything is just a punch, who am I to argue? In that case, there is no right wrong, just what is right for you. Same goes if you feel you need to take away all the technology behind tan sau to make it just another training tool to train punching (even when training a punch already does that) , makes no difference to me.
    The rub is when you come here with your 'interpretations' and try to correct others when you obviously don't know a dam thing about what they are doing - you just come off as rediculous, as well as plain old ignorant.

That said, if want to have a discussion about the actual technology of taan sau as I let on in my last post from a logic/system/application perspective, or even how you feel I have it 'wrong', I'm open to that. But if you are just going to come back with more he-said/"sifu says", don't bother - it's just a waste of everyone's time to discuss what one person felt might have been 'more right; even when his own students still argue about it anyway.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Even among the different WSL guys there's differing oppions on what you're saying. So if there is confusion even on this one thing among the students of WSL, how can you be so sure you've got the 'right' way among them....
    Because I have tried them first hand.

Bye Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Because I have tried them first hand.

Bye Bye
    Yup, good talk
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Yup, good talk
    Hold on. Now you think I am lying? You tit