Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Shawn Obasi with three other WC Sifu

Smile

After being on this forum for a while now I still say the CRCAers are taking it too seriously. As I said before this same forum personally trashed the Gracie family saying they were washed up and could only make money on their name, Leung Ting was a "clown" and Emin was, well you know that got really ugly. I say RW is in good company. Like the others trashed on this forum he contributed to the martial arts and he should be proud of that. We also strongly suspect those doing the most criticizing behind their keyboards would not have a third the skill nor have contributed a tenth as much as those they trashed. I agree it's time to move on.

[QUOTE=CRCAVA;1216938] Like family. Sifu Williams is not only an amazing martial artist that has contributed to the WC community for over 40 years,

----
    40 years!!??Before 1973????

Quote Originally Posted by CRCAUSA View Post
    After being on this forum for a while now I still say the CRCAers are taking it too seriously. As I said before this same forum personally trashed the Gracie family saying they were washed up and could only make money on their name, Leung Ting was a "clown" and Emin was, well you know that got really ugly. I say RW is in good company. Like the others trashed on this forum he contributed to the martial arts and he should be proud of that. We also strongly suspect those doing the most criticizing behind their keyboards would not have a third the skill nor have contributed a tenth as much as those they trashed. I agree it's time to move on.

Isn't lung ting still a clown?

Nobody's trashing RW, they are just reading his video as shown.
    Last edited by Robinhood; 03-09-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRCAUSA View Post
    yes, overreacting. many of those things have some truth to it.

the gracies are making money on their name. their name was built in a fighting organization none of them currently fight in. and of all the world titles in BJJ and MMA, who is there that has the last name Gracie that's won them? Roger (whose father isn't named Gracie but Oswaldo Alves) in BJJ. I think that's it currently. Rickson won a MMA tourney in the past.

Leung Ting - so what are you supposed to call a guy that gives himself the title "Master of Almightiness" or whatever his title is he gave himself?

Emin - because Emin has such a pristine history of respecting "seniors". yes I went there. what's wrong with people talking about him training hard except when the kyokushin visit?

Of course it is true in an internet age that reality is you have people working on things in the public eye and others who you may not know their background critiquing them.

there's "respect". and there's "keeping it real". should have both, but if you have to lose one, in a MARTIAL ART, losing "keeping it real" is untenable. It leads to social clubs calling themselves martial arts clubs, sitting aroung *****ing at one another like little old ladies, inventing new compliant one-step punch responses, putting them on youtube with tough sounding music, and contributing to the stupidity and laziness of a younger generation.

if we do that with WCK I hope all the younger generation learns MMA, kicks our @$$, and WCK dies out into the oblivion of "meh" ness that is inevitable down the path of a bunch of little old lady like "masters" who sit around *****ing at each other in their easy chairs and don't keep it real.

And, no, I am not singling out one particular person or lineage in WCK that does this, for all you white knights out there.
    Last edited by Wayfaring; 03-09-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    yes, overreacting. many of those things have some truth to it.

the gracies are making money on their name. their name was built in a fighting organization none of them currently fight in. and of all the world titles in BJJ and MMA, who is there that has the last name Gracie that's won them? Roger (whose father isn't named Gracie but Oswaldo Alves) in BJJ. I think that's it currently. Rickson won a MMA tourney in the past.

Leung Ting - so what are you supposed to call a guy that gives himself the title "Master of Almightiness" or whatever his title is he gave himself?

Emin - because Emin has such a pristine history of respecting "seniors". yes I went there. what's wrong with people talking about him training hard except when the kyokushin visit?

Of course it is true in an internet age that reality is you have people working on things in the public eye and others who you may not know their background critiquing them.

there's "respect". and there's "keeping it real". should have both, but if you have to lose one, in a MARTIAL ART, losing "keeping it real" is untenable. It leads to social clubs calling themselves martial arts clubs, sitting aroung *****ing at one another like little old ladies, inventing new compliant one-step punch responses, putting them on youtube with tough sounding music, and contributing to the stupidity and laziness of a younger generation.

if we do that with WCK I hope all the younger generation learns MMA, kicks our @$$, and WCK dies out into the oblivion of "meh" ness that is inevitable down the path of a bunch of little old lady like "masters" who sit around *****ing at each other in their easy chairs and don't keep it real.

And, no, I am not singling out one particular person or lineage in WCK that does this, for all you white knights out there.
    to be fair their name was also build on fighting MMA in pride (which a lot of them did which a lot of them did Renzo, Ralph Ryan, Royce, Royler) and in training BJJ champions and MMA fighters : guys like almedia, the Serra brothers , GSP, Frankie edgar shaun alveres etal the list of guys they have trained is extensive
    As for roger being the only grappler ever to win a world title and Rickson winning some MMA comp back in the day, this is slightly missleading and you know it
    Royler owed ADCC for years and probably still has the top 2 or 3 all time record there
    Kyra Gracie is 4 times world champion and three times ADCC champion
    rickson won every BJJ national comp he ever entered back when their weren’t world titles and winning the nationals meant beating the best in the world,
    Renzo also won ADCC twice
    Also roger is a Gracie by blood (his mum is a Gracie and its not uncommon for Brazilians to take either surname, mother or father as there's)
    Rolles Graice is active in MMA with 8 wins and 1 loss
    Renzo also trained the new york pitbulls who took the team title in a MMA promotion and so on

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say lumping the gracies in with emin and Tingi(apart from Ronion) is a bit harsh on them lol