Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

1. DATA, DATA, DATA !

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Looks fine, ..... you tell me, can you see the energy in others ?
    I see that it is irresponsible to explain things to others unless I can do it myself.

Hendrik, the following is not directed at you, just a general opinion:

The problem with a lot of written text and methods is that, they are verbal description of physical events; it can often be interpreted in different ways. Sometimes, even when the interpretation seems logical and sensible, it can be subtly or vastly different from what the author meant. So unless I can do it and demonstrate it in the real world (or at least with a training partner), I will not have sufficient insight into the subject to be able to determine the accuracy and efficacy of my interpretation. And if I teach someone something that I cannot do, it is down right irresponsible.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 03-08-2013 at 05:11 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    ok, anyway guys, this was a LOT of fun, it's been a long time since I've had a good line-by-line flame-war on the boards, (must have to do w springtime being in the air or something), so thanks for the brief morning amusement, let's do it again REAL soon!
    Not that this gentleman needs any help BUT my sifu is also in the same field as he is (and has been for over 3 decades) and would probably say exactly the same as well and raise the same concerns, and it has nothing to do with wing chun or taichi but a lot to do with simple personal well being

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If you don't post people will not know you are ignorance.
    Ok, let me get this straight - You are saying I'm ignorant because my lab is training in the kwoon/gym with real people & live energy vs. you playing with your balls, hmping bats & walls by yourself in your living room... LOL riiiggghhhttt....

Thanks for the chat Tattoo, have fun at Fantasy Island!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Ok, let me get this straight - You are saying I'm ignorant because my lab is training in the kwoon/gym with real people & live energy vs. you playing with your balls, hmping bats & walls by yourself in your living room... LOL riiiggghhhttt....

Thanks for the chat Tattoo, have fun at Fantasy Island!
    I think he is saying, you can't see something that is right in front of you, explaining anymore won't help you see it.

Go play in the park, schools out.

btw, my wife and I ate at a French restaurant..... before seeing a Flamenco troupe from Andalusia perform
    Andalusia is in France now?

Did something happen and no one bothered to inform me?

So...those pretty white horses are FRENCH now?

BTW, horses use horse energy NOT snake energy.....just so you know!

I think he is saying, you can't see something that is right in front of you, explaining anymore won't help you see it.

Go play in the park, schools out.
    On, the other hand, maybe some people see MORE than you think, and it is you that cannot see completely!

Just a thought!

Sometimes a different perspective reveals new information and all that sort of thing!

u sound more like D.O. than not; that is a compliment, in case u r unsure (my wife studied osteopathy in Paris, I studied it in Toronto);

anyhow, I like ur take on things - it's a bit off the edge of the cliff, right where this stuff needs to b, IMHO;

btw, my wife and I ate at a French restaurant in NYC last night (I had the rabbit; she had the comté) before seeing a Flamenco troupe from Andalusia perform; I think that this demonstrates the sort of very worldly and cultured people that we are...
    Maybe you guys should get a room.

but...if that were possible...then he might be...wrong?!

but then why would he post if that were the case? I just don't get you sometimes, Brown...
    Your real name isn't Jack Handy is it?
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 03-08-2013 at 10:44 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    maybe you guys should get a room. :d

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

my wife and I have a room already; in fact we have several - together they make up an entire house; crazy how that works...

so, it's nice to see you've filled the slot of Hendrick's lap dog - the last guy who did it (Hardwork88; or 108; whichever) stopped posting here a while ago and it's been kinda dull since
    It is what it is, I can only call it like I see it, and Hardwork 108 was a great loss, someone needs to point out the posers who try to ram rod their short sided view down everybody's throat.

If you every put in the hard
    work to get there, then you will know what I am talking about. But judging by your attitude , I don't think you will find a teacher that would be willing to teach you.
    Last edited by Robinhood; 03-08-2013 at 11:07 AM.

It is what it is, I can only call it like I see it, and Hardwood 108 was a great loss, someone needs to point out the posers who try to ram rod their short sided view down everybody's throat.

If you every put in the hardwood to get there, then you will know what I am talking about. But judging by your attitude , I don't think you will find a teacher that would be willing to teach you.
    Have you posted a link to your demonstration of Tai Chi? If so would you do so again please so we can tear you apart, or applaud you as the case may be!

I will state right now I have no vids of me performing forms or any kind. I don't approve of fixed forms. I am more of a free spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    On, the other hand, maybe some people see MORE than you think, and it is you that cannot see completely!

Just a thought!

Sometimes a different perspective reveals new information and all that sort of thing!
    I was already there, seen that view a long time ago, nothing special, it is he that cannot stand where I am and see from this view point.

Think of it literally, and you might get it.

I was already there, seen that view a long time ago, nothing special, it is he that cannot stand where I am and see from this view point.

Think of it literally, and you might get it.
    Have you posted a link to your demonstration of Tai Chi? If so would you do so again please so we can tear you apart, or applaud you as the case may be!

I will state right now I have no vids of me performing forms or any kind. I don't approve of fixed forms. I am more of a free spirit!

There, finally...I got it right...I think!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 03-08-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

No, I don't do sets, and if I posted a vid, you probably still wouldn't get it anyway, it is just nice that over ego people finally show their true level. Now they can't make claims about something they know little about, or can't do.

There are plenty of vids of good energy, Chen Man Ching vids are good examples of proper internal energy.