Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    It is good Henrick is sharing , what he is saying has been lost in most martial arts, and was probably there in most from the beginning, its the catalyst that makes martial arts easy.
    Robinhood, although I do not agree with Hendrik's approach, I would defend his every right to present his ideas, his literature reviews. And everyone is free to accept or reject his ideas.

I have never criticise his clips, nor his information. But his approach.

My problem with Hendrik is that,
    1. he claims the method is proven but refuses to provide evidence, apart from the claim that "people were doing it in 1850" and a few clips with a ball and a wall. To me, that's lying to the audience.
    2. Actually, a lot of what Hendrik talks about is correct on a superficial level; after all, a lot of the information was plajiarised from written and downloadable sources. It is NOTHING new nor original, but readily available if you read Chinese. There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG in doing that ONLY if you are honest about it. And unless the person can apply it, use it, demonstrate how to use it, it is like a coulor-blind man trying to describe to others the colours of a rainbow because he read about it. Hendrik had NO formal internal training; it is irresponsible and even dangerous to teach others when you haven't learnt the methods under the guidance of a qualify teacher. And to suck people in by presenting himself as if he knows what's going on is very misleading.
    3. The way he criticise others, when he has no idea what others do. He knows nothing about IYTC and KL22, yet he writes about what's lacking in KL22. He criticize Nim Lik and TST when people developed great skills through the TST's line. To me, that is tunnel vision and lack Wude (the ethics of Martial Arts).

Hendrik would be a lot more palatable if he could try to be less repugnant and honest in his approach. You can't really blame others for getting the sh!ts with him.

edit:
    don't think what he says was lost in most martial arts; let me take you to a Chinese bookshop and you can buy a bucket of it. A catalyst only works if the teacher has a profound understanding of the subject and can guide you through it. You DON'T want to be lead the wrong path.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 03-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    I used to criticise "Hendrik's approach" because I believe TCMA should not be trained "solo". Untill when some MMA guy criticised "TCMA approach" and indicated that TCMA should not be trained without the ground game, I decide I don't want to criticise Hendrik any more.

It makes no sense for a democrate to criticise a republican that he is not liberal enough when a communist also criticises a democrate that he is also not liberal enough.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Robinhood, although I do not agree with Hendrik's approach, I would defend his every right to present his ideas, his literature reviews. And everyone is free to accept or reject his ideas.

My problem with Hendrik is that,
    1. he claims the method is proven but refuses to provide evidence, apart from the claim that "people were doing it in 1850" and a few clips with a ball and a wall. To me, that's lying to the audience.
    2. Actually, a lot of what Hendrik talks about is correct on a superficial level; after all, a lot of the information was plajiarised from written and downloadable sources. It is NOTHING new nor original, but readily available if you read Chinese. There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG in doing that ONLY if you are honest about it. And unless the person can apply it, use it, demonstrate how to use it, it is like a coulor-blind man trying to describe to others the colours of a rainbow because he read about it. Hendrik had NO formal internal training; it is irresponsible and even dangerous to teach others when you haven't learnt the methods under the guidance of a qualify teacher. And to suck people in by presenting himself as if he knows what's going on is very misleading.
    3. The way he criticise others, when he has no idea what others do. He knows nothing about IYTC and KL22, yet he writes about what's lacking in KL22. He criticize Nim Lik and TST when people developed great skills through the TST's line. To me, that is tunnel vision and lack Wude (the ethics of Martial Arts).

Hendrik would be a lot more palatable if he could try to be less repugnant and honest in his approach. You can't really blame others for getting the sh!ts with him.

edit:
    don't think what he says was lost in most martial arts; let me take you to a Chinese bookshop and you can buy a bucket of it. A catalyst only works if the teacher has a profound understanding of the subject and can guide you through it. You DON'T want to be lead the wrong path.

Yes I agree with you, I am just saying that I don't see to many people trying to explain the core, not that he does a good job of it, or that you could actually learn only by listening to him, but at least it might help people see that power and strength are not the only way to go.

Yes you can find it in many places in Chinese books, I think there are many ways to develop internal , standing is at the top of my list, and even that needs guidance to progress anywhere.

So, yes and I don't know what he said about TST, I know TST really has something.
    Me ,K. Chung and a couple of guys took him out to dinner in the early 90's when we were in Hong Kong.

I respect Hendrik's right to refuse posting clips of actual applications, for whatever reason he decides. It is his choice, no one else's.

But you can't blame others treating him as a charlatan (a person who pretends or claim to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses); after all, he does make himself sound grand yet we haven't seen anything.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Yes I agree with you, I am just saying that I don't see to many people trying to explain the core, not that he does a good job of it, or that you could actually learn only by listening to him, but at least it might help people see that power and strength are not the only way to go.
    Well, actually there are many great teachers who would explain the core, but mostly in a humble and tolerant manner. Most people won't blatantly self-promote.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

I respect Hendrik's right to refuse posting clips of actual applications, for whatever reason he decides. It is his choice, no one else's.

But you can't blame others treating him as a charlatan (a person who pretends or claim to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses); after all, he does make himself sound grand yet we haven't seen anything.
    Well I have not seen him say anything wrong yet. How well he can drive the car is not important , everyone needs to learn how to drive themselves by practicing driving.

I think having something drivable is more important than not having something.

Well, actually there are many great teachers who would explain the core, but mostly in a humble and tolerant manner. Most people won't blatantly self-promote.
    Well for the people who don't, ......

Well I have not seen him say anything wrong yet. How well he can drive the car is not important , everyone needs to learn how to drive themselves by practicing driving.
    Actually, it is VERY important! Would you send your son to learn driving from an instructor who can't drive? but had only read about driving?

Bad habits, bad assumptions, bad mindsets created by an irresponsible instructor takes years to correct.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Actually, it is VERY important! Would you send your son to learn driving from an instructor who can't drive? but had only read about driving?

Bad habits, bad assumptions, bad mindsets created by an irresponsible instructor takes years to correct.

I don't see him trying to teach how to drive car,...to me it looks like he is teaching how to build the car.

But still, he is not charging money and having a bunch of students. It is only for education of theory.

1. he claims the method is proven but refuses to provide evidence, apart from the claim that "people were doing it in 1850" and a few clips with a ball and a wall. To me, that's lying to the audience. ----------------

This is an accusation which based on not willing to read my reply, As close as yesterday's many replies such as

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...3&postcount=61

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=86

Sure, the ancient doesn't have yoga ball but what is that got to do with how one handle the body mechanics ? An wck inch Jin via snap wrist in 1850 and an inch Jin today the same body mechanics is body mechanics.

You are exactly as Ykw says, a person who asked a first question, then not listen to the answer but continous to asked the second . Then make accusation as you like because you have made up your mind.

2. Actually, a lot of what Hendrik talks about is correct on a superficial level; after all, a lot of the information was plajiarised from written and downloadable sources. It is NOTHING new nor original, but readily available if you read Chinese. There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG in doing that ONLY if you are honest about it. And unless the person can apply it, use it, demonstrate how to use it, it is like a coulor-blind man trying to describe to others the colours of a rainbow because he read about it.

Hendrik had NO formal internal training; it is irresponsible and even dangerous to teach others when you haven't learnt the methods under the guidance of a qualify teacher. And to suck people in by presenting himself as if he knows what's going on is very misleading.-------

If it is as you say, it will never end up with these

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/TwoFishesTCC/22773985
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=132

Real internal artists in Asia is not blind.

As for internal training, I have or I don't, get a real internal master and go through my utube to check out. Hahaha.

3. The way he criticise others, when he has no idea what others do. He knows nothing about IYTC and KL22, yet he writes about what's lacking in KL22. He criticize Nim Lik and TST when people developed great skills through the TST's line. To me, that is tunnel vision and lack Wude (the ethics of Martial Arts). --------

I point out directly, that you are using yang taichi body to present your so called kl22 wck inch power , that is a fact. When is Leung jan import taiji into WCK?

I point out with reason TST's so called nim Lik is misleading and not accord to Chinese terminology.

How is that no wude or ethics of martial arts? Pointing specifically on the issue.

How is your wude making false accusation on me above, in fact you are the one who practice what you accuse me of by evidence.

Hendrik would be a lot more palatable if he could try to be less repugnant and honest in his approach. You can't really blame others for getting the sh!ts with him. -------

I cite kuen kuit , I cite history, I cite other WCK masters utubes, if you choose not to see it or listen then that is your issue not mine. My youtubes and article published in public magazine are all prove to be examined.

edit:
    don't think what he says was lost in most martial arts; let me take you to a Chinese bookshop and you can buy a bucket of it. A catalyst only works if the teacher has a profound understanding of the subject and can guide you through it. You DON'T want to be lead the wrong path. ------

In your YouTube, you use yang taiji body to show as WCK inch power, you can't even breath in your kl22 utube when any internal martial artis would have cultivate lower abs breathing, you can't even heat up your dan dien, not to mention evoke the flow of the medirians. So, what give you the upper hand trying to do false accusation on me?

Look, can you do it? The basic, enter into silence, heat up the Dan dien, run the medirians, using different type of wck Jin mechanics? You can't. Any one who has qigong can read your body signature .

in my humble opinion, you are a taiji guy doing WCK. You don't have qigong and don't know the WCK Jin which is adapt from white crane of fujian and emei 12 zhuang the mother art of slt. You don't even do siu Lin tau. So, go investigate, instead of false accuse me on lying or have no internal training.

I am open with any internal masters to investigate and critics myself, my utubes are open in the public. I don't claim I am good at it, but I do know I know the basic properly.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1. he claims the method is proven but refuses to provide evidence, apart from the claim that "people were doing it in 1850" and a few clips with a ball and a wall. To me, that's lying to the audience. ----------------

This is an accusation which based on not willing to read my reply, As close as yesterday's many replies such as

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...3&postcount=61

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=86

Sure, the ancient doesn't have yoga ball but what is that got to do with how one handle the body mechanics ? An wck inch Jin via snap wrist in 1850 and an inch Jin today the same body mechanics is body mechanics.

You are exactly as Ykw says, a person who asked a first question, then not listen to the answer but continous to asked the second . Then make accusation as you like because you have made up your mind.

2. Actually, a lot of what Hendrik talks about is correct on a superficial level; after all, a lot of the information was plajiarised from written and downloadable sources. It is NOTHING new nor original, but readily available if you read Chinese. There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG in doing that ONLY if you are honest about it. And unless the person can apply it, use it, demonstrate how to use it, it is like a coulor-blind man trying to describe to others the colours of a rainbow because he read about it.

Hendrik had NO formal internal training; it is irresponsible and even dangerous to teach others when you haven't learnt the methods under the guidance of a qualify teacher. And to suck people in by presenting himself as if he knows what's going on is very misleading.-------

If it is as you say, it will never end up with these

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/TwoFishesTCC/22773985
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=132

Real internal artists in Asia is not blind.

As for internal training, I have or I don't, get a real internal master and go through my utube to check out. Hahaha.

3. The way he criticise others, when he has no idea what others do. He knows nothing about IYTC and KL22, yet he writes about what's lacking in KL22. He criticize Nim Lik and TST when people developed great skills through the TST's line. To me, that is tunnel vision and lack Wude (the ethics of Martial Arts). --------

I point out directly, that you are using yang taichi body to present your so called kl22 wck inch power , that is a fact. When is Leung jan import taiji into WCK?

I point out with reason TST's so called nim Lik is misleading and not accord to Chinese terminology.

How is that no wude or ethics of martial arts? Pointing specifically on the issue.

How is your wude making false accusation on me above, in fact you are the one who practice what you accuse me of by evidence.

Hendrik would be a lot more palatable if he could try to be less repugnant and honest in his approach. You can't really blame others for getting the sh!ts with him. -------

I cite kuen kuit , I cite history, I cite other WCK masters utubes, if you choose not to see it or listen then that is your issue not mine. My youtubes and article published in public magazine are all prove to be examined.

edit:
    don't think what he says was lost in most martial arts; let me take you to a Chinese bookshop and you can buy a bucket of it. A catalyst only works if the teacher has a profound understanding of the subject and can guide you through it. You DON'T want to be lead the wrong path. ------

In your YouTube, you use yang taiji body to show as WCK inch power, you can't even breath in your kl22 utube when any internal martial artis would have cultivate lower abs breathing, you can't even heat up your dan dien, not to mention evoke the flow of the medirians. So, what give you the upper hand trying to do false accusation on me?

Look, can you do it? The basic, enter into silence, heat up the Dan dien, run the medirians, using different type of wck Jin mechanics? You can't. Any one who has qigong can read your body signature .

in my humble opinion, you are a taiji guy doing WCK. You don't have qigong and don't know the WCK Jin which is adapt from white crane of fujian and emei 12 zhuang the mother art of slt. You don't even do siu Lin tau. So, go investigate, instead of false accuse me on lying or have no internal training.

I am open with any internal masters to investigate and critics myself, my utubes are open in the public. I don't claim I am good at it, but I do know I know the basic properly.
    How would you know what I can't do? How would you know what is in IYTC and what is in KL22?

Oh, wait, I am open to cross hands with people... and you?
    I am honest about what I can do and what I can't do... and you?
    I can openly tell people who my teachers are, where my instructions came from.... and you?

While you have one asian internal guy quoting you, I was getting hands on instructions from internal masters.

All the words in the world are not going to make you what you are not.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Look, Hendrik, I keep saying you have every right to post any clips you want, or don't want.

I never wanted to have an argument with you, but everytime I start general non-personal statements not directed at you, you just start attacking me, smearing my Wing Chun, even TST.

If you treat others with respect, others will respect you as well. It's called karma. And your message will be more palatable.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

How would you know what I can't do? How would you know what is in IYTC and what is in KL22? -------

Your utubes shows who you are.

Oh, wait, I am open to cross hands with people... and you? -----

That is your choice. I dont have to tell you mine.

I am honest about what I can do and what I can't do... and you? ------

In my utubes, what one see is what one get.

I can openly tell people who my teachers are, where my instructions came from.... and you? ------

I don't do name dropping in public. My utubes show who am I.

While you have one asian internal guy quoting you, I was getting hands on instructions from internal masters. -------

Good for you, but it doesn't mean others doesn't have it , in equal and better.

All the words in the world are not going to make you what you are not.--------

Utube is a fair thing, it shows who one really is, the experts always can scan one to know . One is naked technically in the YouTube, others can scan one to learn the details.

But then, only the experts knows where and what to look .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Look, Hendrik, I keep saying you have every right to post any clips you want, or don't want.

I never wanted to have an argument with you, but everytime I start general non-personal statements not directed at you, you just start attacking me, smearing my Wing Chun, even TST.

If you treat others with respect, others will respect you as well. It's called karma. And your message will be more palatable.

I don't smear you. I careless on others art.

I ask you the question of why yang taichi body in a technical discussion.

As for Tst, it is Navin asked me in this forum on my view on nim Lik demo.

I am open to have my YouTube questions technically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Oh, wait, I am open to cross hands with people... and you? -----

That is your choice. I dont have to tell you mine.

I am honest about what I can do and what I can't do... and you? ------

In my utubes, what one see is what one get.

I can openly tell people who my teachers are, where my instructions came from.... and you? ------

I don't do name dropping in public. My utubes show who am I.

While you have one asian internal guy quoting you, I was getting hands on instructions from internal masters. -------

Good for you, but it doesn't mean others doesn't have it and better.

All the words in the world are not going to make you what you are not.--------

Utube is a fair thing, it shows who one really is, the experts always can scan one to know . One is naked technically in the YouTube, others can scan one to learn the details.

But then, only the experts knows where and what to look .
    Haha, I agree with you in all terms. YouTube really shows who you are.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"