Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

1. Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baloney!!Hendrik is not Ip man. The commonly shown videos of Ip Man was taken only a very few days before his death when he was almost 80 years old. He was ill in his final years.

Yeah yeah, cancer and stuff....

But the posture habits are forged during your lifetime, and there's younger ip man photos.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Could it have been the possibility of ‘Yip Man’s postural problem was due to the fact that he was dying of throat cancer and less than a year from the time he made those clips?

That’s the first time I’ve heard that, do you mean within mobility?

One friend of mine, training exclusively the posture for one year by leung sheun lineage standards, tried to resume athletic training. (he runs in the mountains)

He half broke his achille's tendon due to the retraction of some muscular chains that were under used.

It's well described in Christophe Carrio's books, or when reading Myer's anatomy trains and other stuff.

When you train exclusively one chain, you got problems to run or do athletic, or general stuff.

Training wing chun posture exclusively is toxic, and the posture is typical on masters who don't train mabo as well.

You look at yip man on the profile, you see a typical geek posture with a hypotophy of the butt muscles, and the head leaning forward to compensate. Like Jimmy on his youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by poulperadieux View Post
    One friend of mine, training exclusively the posture for one year by leung sheun lineage standards, tried to resume athletic training. (he runs in the mountains)

He half broke his achille's tendon due to the retraction of some muscular chains that were under used.

It's well described in Christophe Carrio's books, or when reading Myer's anatomy trains and other stuff.

When you train exclusively one chain, you got problems to run or do athletic, or general stuff.

Training wing chun posture exclusively is toxic, and the posture is typical on masters who don't train mabo as well.

You look at yip man on the profile, you see a typical geek posture with a hypotophy of the butt muscles, and the head leaning forward to compensate. Like Jimmy on his youtube video.
    Well maybe you are doing it wrong, if you don't get results from posture ?, you are probably doing something wrong, trying to copy Yip Man picture will get you no where.

That picture was probably the picture of don't to this.

The posture is to acquire "chi",if you aren't building any "chi" you are are wrong. It is not so you can run from your opponent or have lower center of gravity.

Blog Entries
    We should not look at an old man and assume his posture is the correct posture. When you get old, you will have "old men posture" no matter you like it or not.

If you always put your arms behind your back when you walk, you will keep your good structure through your old age.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not look at an old man and assume his posture is the correct posture. When you get old, you will have "old men posture" no matter you like it or not.

If you always put your arms behind your back when you walk, you will keep your good structure through your old age.

True.

I got into hunch back with my job of long time computer working unconsciously. Take months to correct it, and once a while still has the bad habit shows up, when I am not practicing .

Things get much complicated when one looks at computer six hours a day, the upper body evolve in a not good way . That has to correct lots things. It can be done but not as simple as one solution fits all or standing like a sport model.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2013 at 11:16 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    don't give away the treasures now!
    These are book to read, and not easy.

So maybe treasures to be earned

7. Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Well maybe you are doing it wrong, if you don't get results from posture ?, you are probably doing something wrong, trying to copy Yip Man picture will get you no where.

That picture was probably the picture of don't to this.

The posture is to acquire "chi",if you aren't building any "chi" you are are wrong. It is not so you can run from your opponent or have lower center of gravity.

My postural work is cool, thank you.

Read a little on the subject and be more precise on what you want to tell.

Thanks

That’s news to me, I play full court basketball almost every other day and rugby on Sundays, and not to mention boxing training five days a week, and I’m pushing 50 years old, while doing wing chun for over 33 years plus.

I’ve never had a problem with any sickness or anything physical and I haven’t had a cold sense the age of nine.

I guess I’ll be waiting for that stuff to happen via wing chun training.

Thank you very much for the information,

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    True.

I got into hunch back with my job of long time computer working unconsciously. Take months to correct it, and once a while still has the bad habit shows up, when I am not practicing .

Things get much complicated when one looks at computer six hours a day, the upper body evolve in a not good way . That has to correct lots things. It can be done but not as simple as one solution fits all or standing like a sport model.

That's why, more if you have a computer job, you must train to correct your flaws when you train.

Having a good static, and than dynamic posture is the basic of the basics...

I had a back problem that made me one year to solve by a painful reeducation, so I didn't shoot any video that time.

There a 3 models, basically of postural bad habits, one who teaches people should know to modulate what he teaches to each of his students.

Or else he aggravate or create a back problem.

And one should be able to show what he teaches, that's also the basis.

You teach what you understand, and what you can do.

Understanding only is not a excuse to pretend teaching something.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    sorry, but the posture you display is not one that is just "sloppy" - the posture u demonstrate is ur general habitus;

after meditation, u should have more alignment, not less - otherwise it means when u r meditating u r doing it in a state of collapse - every teacher i have ever studied with who was worth their salt sat in a position of ease, not collapse;

if u r sitting at a computer for 10 hours without taking time to balance urself periodically, then u r living outside "nature"; no excuse there, especially if u want to raise the wisk...

younger having better alignment is BS, unless u have been working on degrading it - look at BKS Iyengar - the man is in his 90's and has excellent alignment, because he lives his practice;

and while I agree that u shouldn't force "correct" posture, at the same time if u r that off-vertical, u r living in a state of constant strain; u may not realize it a that is ur norm, but from the outside it's glaringly obvious;

anyway, ur evasive "non-answer" pretty much answered my question;

frankly, anyone who is unsure whether or not to follow ur method simply has to look at how u exist in gravity to understand the fruit that will be borne from that tree; u can justify it anyway u like, but the body doesn't lie...
    Very goods post, you’ve mention everything but the constellation of bad health, which maybe by no fault of one’s own; simply illness which has and will someday be a part of our lives unless we all continue to stay blessed with health.

And I hope that wouldn’t discourage one from training in their later years in life, and wouldn’t consider one ill-equipped of knowledge and ability from the time they shined like a light within their younger years.

And as our days past, we (all men) will flicker like a match (appearance) in our later years, and I’m getting old. When that happens, would I need to quit (training)?

Take care,

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    That’s news to me, I play full court basketball almost every other day and rugby on Sundays, and not to mention boxing training five days a week, and I’m pushing 50 years old, while doing wing chun for over 33 years plus.

I’ve never had a problem with any sickness or anything physical and I haven’t had a cold sense the age of nine.

I guess I’ll be waiting for that stuff to happen via wing chun training.

Thank you very much for the information,

Dunno, don't know how you train and what you do...

Don't do diagnostic on forums.

12. Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yep; if u read Myer's stuff w/out the proper background u won't get much of anything;

another example of "obvious" information that most won't "get":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FqXqDvUf1g
    As I said in my presentation, I was a doctor in another life...

I share what I practice as the following.

Also, check with those who does yik kam transform drill one how the drills impove thier static and dynamic structure and breathing...etc

Why do I know those drills works? Because I have gone throught them and get result.

But if one wants to pick at my occasion return of bad habit as what i am behave all time , I am accepting that with open heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77i-pznhtA

That's why, more if you have a computer job, you must train to correct your flaws when you train.

Having a good static, and than dynamic posture is the basic of the basics...

I had a back problem that made me one year to solve by a painful reeducation, so I didn't shoot any video that time.

There a 3 models, basically of postural bad habits, one who teaches people should know to modulate what he teaches to each of his students.

Or else he aggravate or create a back problem.

And one should be able to show what he teaches, that's also the basis.

You teach what you understand, and what you can do.

Understanding only is not a excuse to pretend teaching something.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.

It is always easy to tell a sick person what mistake he mades, it is always easy to play doctor to make comment.

However, to be able to get proper and get well From the bottom of the health is a different story. Those who have never gone through will not know.

Thus, I coin the yik kam transform into the five layers. How the details of each layer and other layers interact needs to be known and handle. And no one is Buddha who can have all five fully align. Not to mention , there are young, old, different people born with different body and mind.

And also, as one likes to think one has all the control, one doesnt. Welcome to the real world. Just take a look how many can heal and totally cure high blood pressure, or almost totally cure? How simple or complex for just such a small thing? Why some has to be in medication all life long?

A too simplify idea is impractical.

Why is Ipman stand in that posture? Because his qi has down to the level of not be able to sustain the erect of the body. The great old man, just using his best to align his body to pass the last art as he can. Structure is simply stuffs when one is healthy or born healthy. For him, he used every balance to just keep him standing,yes , standing, a luxury most have but it has become a luxury for the great old man. It that the structure to model as the model? Of cause not, it is what he try to get across with his best count, because he knows his life is near end. Take a look at how he stops offten to take breath. Learn from his spirit.

Thus, instead of thanking the old man for his last try to keep the art, one keep picking at his structure...etc. that is the sadness of human. As those who is rich will say why the poor doesn't eat meat when they run out of rice.

Don't believe me? Go look at those who do Sitting meditation, if the qi is not full, they can hold their structure but all kind of pain and cannot relax....ect. But, when the qi is full, the spine erect naturally and one enter into silence right away and the body posture take care of itself.

It is a five layers deal. Not a simple standing like a model will solve the issue. The healthy ondition of Bone structure, sinews, muscle, qi, blood, all counts. And also, how easy to correct the deform spine?

So, reality is not what mostly think.

Qi is not hypnotis. Until one get there one doesnt know. To know it one needs to first die, as the daoist say. Only when one hit rock bottom one turn into Phoenix if one is lucky.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Also, check with those who does yik kam transform drill one how the drills impove thier static and dynamic structure and breathing...etc
    Why does TST has such better posture than you if he is doing it wrong??

Why do I know those drills works? Because I have gone throught them and get result.
    Like what??
    What can you DO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77i-pznhtA[/QUOTE]