Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

there are many utube before this one. Which goes through them.
    You claimed earlier in the thread, and in this video itself, that the applications of physics to WC were in this video. I've no reason to assume you aren't making the same claims about the other videos. If they're all roughly five times the length they need to be like this was ...

I share what I know. The rest is upto others to take it or ignore it.
    IMO, option B is the correct one.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Belief what you like , think what you like, you are free.

Why complain and whining here? why wasting your time here ?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    You claimed earlier in the thread, and in this video itself, that the applications of physics to WC were in this video. I've no reason to assume you aren't making the same claims about the other videos. If they're all roughly five times the length they need to be like this was ...

IMO, option B is the correct one.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-05-2013 at 12:44 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure, just hope some one is not naive enough to live in momentum vacuum . How much data needed to proof that?

Sorry, but for someone who is so eager to claim he's not living in a momentum vacuum like some, errrh, Neo Guy from the matrix, I don't see any momentum thing in your videos.

As for someone who claims he's a Kyokushin guy... And not even a former one, I don't see the body of a Karateka.
    One can tell, by looking at the body stands or move, what kind of fighter he'll meet...

As for claiming you are a guy who only works basics... I did met bodys of people highly trained in basics, and I've been taught them, I didn't see them in your pdf though.

Be more humble, and go visit people who train hard and don't make 88 videos of professoral nonsense but actually show practical things.

why wasting your time here ?
    Because I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .............................

You wasted 27 minutes of my time with the vid, plus countless hours more with your posts. A few minutes more ain't going to make much difference after the egregious time wasting you've already inflicted on the forum.

I did give you some advice about how to present yourself well on video. On second thought, I would have to counsel you to stop wasting your own time and the forum's with these strange missives.

I don't buy your new age bs as wing Chun.
    Not many takers for your 1850's BS either.

Who cares? Can you stop wasting WCK forum bandwidth ?
    My advice to you, Hendrik!
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-05-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Who cares? Can you stop wasting WCK forum bandwidth ?
    Yeh, that's Hendriks job!!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yeh, that's Hendriks job!!!

Anyway...

If have a great idea, and you can't do it actually, and also you can't transmit it...

It dies with you Jimmy.

Sometimes, it's for the best.

So,

In WCK,

Four basic force operation, three types of force changes types, five tools for momentum play.

These are basic one needs to learn to play wing Chun game.

Ofcorse, these basic take physical limits into consideration. Since they deal with momentum, force generation, force changes, and acceleration .

Via force changes one deal with momentum, via acceleration one deal with Force generation, force changes and pulse generation.

Thus, that is the basic of wing Chun 1850 express in today's words. Thus, it is not Just the posture or technics, but the core within the technics. It is also called inner teaching. It links the intention to the physical momentum and force world.

The snake body or snake engine develop properly with the sets , chisau, and other drills are a platform to support these basic . That is the significant. Holding structure, geometry holding, structure alignment is just a section of the snake body.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-05-2013 at 09:42 AM.

8. there he preaches again, sorry, last intervention here Moses.

Thus,

Via

Four basic force operation, We know the external holding tensing type operation : push back and sustain. The internal dynamic type operation : recieving and issuing.

three types of force changes types, we know the : direct, roundabout, and recovery way.

five tools for momentum play, we know the momentum manupulation basic : block, split, collision, lead, and absorb.

The snake body one has a physical tool to bring momentum handling from intention to physical world.

Thus, via these one then has the tools to cover the basic of momentum handling, link the method/strategy of handling, intention placement, physical body handling, and momentum handling.

It goes beyond tan da, lap da.....etc but it include tan da, lap da.....etc. mastering this give a chance to face stronger physical opponent handling with good coverage. Without these basic will be running in uncertainty. It is just WCK basic.

Hendrik

I think you should water it down a little, to help those that are not versed in the terminology on what you’re saying, I’m sure some here understand, but you can over-cook your point.

Which makes some react in contempt including myself, but my opinions along with the feeling of contempt will and has always been deleted, and it seems that there are enough people here that truly have that under control; but it’s their prerogative and right to do so.

All I’m saying is; just work in the realm of simplicity and you might go far and maybe you won’t turn people off. But don’t take it personal because I get ripped into real hard as well.

Ali,

Thanks and appreciate for your advise!
    Get view !

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I think you should water it down a little, to help those that are ,not versed in the terminology on what you’re saying, I’m sure some here understand, but you can over-cook your point.

Which makes some react in contempt including myself, but my opinions along with the feeling of contempt will and has always been deleted, and it seems that there are enough people here that truly have that under control; but it’s their prerogative and right to do so.

All I’m saying is; just work in the realm of simplicity and you might go far and maybe you won’t turn people off. But don’t take it personal because I get ripped into real hard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Anyone follow the instruction will be able to do it. It doesn't have to be me.
    Because it is a proven process. It is the process. It is not about me. Take the process and develop it in your own body and have it yourself is the key.
    The thing is, Hendrik has every right to present his view on 1850's WC. After all, he did his reading and research.

Hendrik can call his methods an untested hypothesis; and ask the readers to try it. Fair enough.

However, it is irresponsible to mislead the public claiming "it is a proven process", when there is NO real data to support it's efficiency. Even more ridiculous to claim that his way is the only right way, and everyone else's is not real Wing Chun (seems to be Hendrik's angle. He makes personal attacks on me that I am not doing real Wing Chun when replying to my posts).

It is almost like, claiming the cure to heart disease by doing historical research, refusing to provide clinical data at all, and claiming none of the doctors are doing medicine. Being able to give "common sense" advice doesn't make a person an expert either.

Wing Chun (and open heart surgery) cannot be improved by just reading about it; theories need to be tested, refined, and tested more. Wing Chun can only be improved by exploring the methodology, and interacting with people with great Martial Arts skills as well as with everyday folks. A Wing Chun teacher who never interact with anyone, is like a surgeon who had never done surgery. All talk and no real substance.

If anyone wants to trust a heart surgeon who learnt medicine on the internet? Someone who had never shown his ability to do surgery? Your right, your choice.

I am not saying Hendrik's methods works or not; it could be the greatest thing ever happened in modern WC, or it could be a load of crap. My opinion is not important.

But what's important is that I have seen too many people in MA circle wasting time to chase "ideology" instead of "reality", only to realise years later regretting all the time wasted walking down the wrong path. It would be irresponsible of me if I don't point that out.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

This is the obvious problem of someone who is looking into various arts of the past to peice together his incomplete WC of today and then coming here to share his 'great discoveries' which should be common, basic level knowledge for most WC lineages. It's cool he's trying to piece together where his hybrid Snake/Crane/WC hodge-podge came from, but passing it off as proof of what all 1850's Red Boat WC comes from is a joke.

That said, I;m betting WC practitioners of 1850's would fall down laughing at all of these long-winded, pointless videos of someone bobbling around in their living room talking for 10-20+ minutes. They would have grabbed their training parnters and banged this stuff out like most sane WC practitioners today do (or at least should).

And this is the problem I see when watching this babbling clown's clips - it's clear he doesn't train what he's talking about at all and doesn't have the skill he claims it builds (he can't even stand up straight, no root, punches big balloons, leans against bats, pets invisible dogs, etc). Which tells me he doesn't know what he's talking about. Theory and hypothesis has little place in WC without the skill and experience to go with it. So, all I see is over 20 minutes of hot air. All of these hours upon hours of clips, and not even 2 seconds of demonstratable skill in ANY of them!

Am I a bit harsh? Maybe. But then, being a pretty devoted WC practitioner, it makes me sad the state this art has come too if people believe and train under 'experts' like this...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-05-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Well I just think he is trying to look at what wc came from, not what it has changed to, most arts are just shadows of what they started out from anyway, mostly from commercialization of greedy sub humans.

I don't know why everyone gets so mad, if you have reached a level in your art of moving chi with intention, you will understand what he is saying, look at any description of moving chi in any Tai Chi article or book.