Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

Even a broken clock can be correct twice a day.

Sure the red boat era is part of the evolution of wing chun. Wing chun has gone in so many directions it's not easy to do "history", important as it may be for understanding the nature of the art.While "history" is not science it's not a do it yourself field either.

What is presented so far as current "evidence" by Hendrik- namely his own views and terminology
    and the pictures from the Hong Kong snake and crane -is far from satisfactory -to me.

Some things--the balanced axis, combining both lines and circles, both internal and external
    are not unknown to some wing chun folks.

There are many other questionable claims to historical continuity- so healthy skepticism can be warranted.

So,

Snake body development develop the use of joints, body weight distribution , and sinews to support:

Four type of basic operation, pushback and sustain is body type or external structure or hard power, recieve and issue is force line type or internal dynamic handling or soft power.

Three types of force changes handling , the direct, the roundabout, and the recovery. A uniqueness develop with WCK sets.

Five types of basic tools for momentum play, split, block, collision, lead and absorb.

Fitting into

Momentum = mass x velocity
    Momentum = force x time
    Force = mass x acceleration

These sum up the WCK basic from the red boat era 1850 until today across WCK lineages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

What is presented so far as current "evidence" by Hendrik- namely his own views and terminology

Some things--the balanced axis, combining both lines and circles, both internal and external
    are not unknown to some wing chun folks.

1.The existance of Kuen kuit of the siu Lin tau practice in the red boat era 1850 from yik kam and snake crane wc lineage as they are and support each others, Is not an " evidence" by Hendrik.

It got nothing to do if Hendrik exist or not.

From the kuen kuit of different lineages one can see what happen in that era. One can see the common denominator to the minimum.

As for snake body, snake and crane, wcner cannot avoid it because it shows up even in Ipman lineages from who study directly under Gm Ipman himself , from Hawkins Cheung teaching and Duncan Leung logo.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTE5NzIzODIw.html?x

2. The summary here on snake body and momentum handling tools are WCK denominators. As I adress again and again.

3. With the evidence from red boat era, we know what is WCK core what is Likely WCK modern evolution.

Btw. As can be seen clearly now, many Posts using the stratergy trying to discredit me to block the WCK information. my view remain, it is not about me. So, discredit me doesn't effect the facts existed.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Remeber a decades ago when I bring up wing Chun is not from shao Lin and it is from fujian white crane and emei snake?

At that time there are many who gang up to against and discredit me because they believe in their shao Lin creation story.

Today, white crane from fujian has become a fact as the mother of WCK. Emei snake has started accepted for many.

The legend of shao Lin being drop because it is proven historically and tehnically not possible.

So, facts and evidence speak , and it take times for people to accept. Releasing information at early stage sure will face resistance.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Henrick , can you post those links to internal demo you were referring to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Henrick , can you post those links to internal demo you were referring to ?
    YouTube link he watches at the bottom of the page

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/TwoFishesTCC/22773985

Or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdVLg8kGOCg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0jepJ8aLJM

Or to be just narrow Down to very a simply even
    How do I do the recieve and issue ? Why do I choose to use body to recieve and issue without using big stance instead of limbs , why I use the wall as opposition?, if it is not to show how the explicit look when internal dynamic in operation with the wall as support of the opposition.

The internal art guy in the above link know what it is So he sees it, but most people never see that type of things, so they missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkvhj06Fw4

It is not about I am good at it, it fact I am not, but, internal dealing with force change, that I still know the basic and can demo it to let those who knows it to identify it.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.

[QUOTE=Hendrik;1216272]1.The existance of Kuen kuit of the siu Lin tau practice in the red boat era 1850 from yik kam and snake crane wc lineage as they are and support each others, Is not an " evidence" by Hendrik.

------------------------------------
    Far from my intent to discredit Hendrik. But reference to the snake and crane metaphors is quite old in wing chun. I began in wc in 1976 and understood the metaphor fairly early. Joint power, maximum coordination (body unity). minimum local muscle tension was emphasized from the beginning complemented with structural integrity in motion
    I accept Yik Kam and HK snake/crane as forms of wing chun that is about it. I don't think they have major insights which I have missed. Duncan Leung using the snale/crane logo or Hawkins Cheung
    using the term snake adds nothing to my understanding.

See 2007 article on stability and mobility in wing chun with illustrations at:

www.tempewingchun.com/docs/chum_kiu_form.pdf
    I always understood the Shaolin label and myths as common to many kung fu styles.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 03-06-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Joy,

Thank you for sharing.

IMHO,

For the wing Chun 1850 reality, across wck lineage's,
    There are solid evidence, there are common denominator independent of me,
    And there are my interpretation which is my view.

So, these are different things.

You sure can critic my interpretation if I made any,

however, when it comes to evidence found such as kuen kuit and common denominator , that is independent of me.

The slt kuit of yik kam and snake crane wc lineage support each others and with common denominator . And describe slt core across red boat WCK lineges,
    That is independent of if Hendrik exist in this world or not.
    Not my interpretation, they just exist.

Finally, as your interpretation WCK fit the kuen kuit of red boat era or have evolved. That is ok with me. But we now do have a description via the kuen kuit of 1850 as a reference to compare where does one located.

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1216312]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1.The existance of Kuen kuit of the siu Lin tau practice in the red boat era 1850 from yik kam and snake crane wc lineage as they are and support each others, Is not an " evidence" by Hendrik.

------------------------------------
    Far from my intent to discredit Hendrik. But reference to the snake and crane metaphors is quite old in wing chun. I began in wc in 1976 and understood the metaphor fairly early. Joint power, maximum coordination (body unity). minimum local muscle tension was emphasized from the beginning complemented with structural integrity in motion
    I accept Yik Kam and HK snake/crane as forms of wing chun that is about it. I don't think they have major insights which I have missed. Duncan Leung using the snale/crane logo or Hawkins Cheung
    using the term snake adds nothing to my understanding.

I always understood the Shaolin label and myths as common to many kung fu styles.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Are you erasing my posts for internal links ?, why ? , can't find any ? , just say so.

Are you erasing my posts for internal links ?, why ? , can't find any ? , just say so.
    Nope, I didn't erase anything

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=126
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    What is the point on name dropping? Or try to be gungho talking wooded a$$?

Stick with common sense and physics. It is the law of momentum not the name of the sifu or how gung ho one can be count in presenting momentum facts.

Nim Lik is misleading because it cannot directly relate to the law of physics. Mind doesn't have force to move object. Sorry.

Momentum = mass x velocity
    Momentum = force / time
    Force = mass x accereation

None of these three basic momentum and force equation got to do with nim or thinking.

The problem is....

Human Body is more complex than a Physic model...

You've got a complex brain, and complex neuro transmissions of information and commands.

Some call it "neurophysiologie des liens entre le schéma moteur et sensori- proprioceptif", others call it niem lik.

Read a little, please, your ignorance and intolerance on the subjet is really laughable.

YouTube link he watches at the bottom of the page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QpSz...ature=youtu.be

be just narrow Down to very a simply even
    How do I do the recieve and issue ? Why do I choose to use body to recieve and issue without using big stance instead of limbs , why I use the wall as opposition?, if it is not to show how the explicit look when internal dynamic in operation with the wall as support of the opposition.

The internal art guy in the above link know what it is So he sees it, but most people never see that type of things, so they missed it.

is not about I am good at it, it fact I am not, but, internal dealing with force change, that I still know the basic and can demo it to let those who knows it to identify it.

OK, first link is what I was looking for, good demo of using body structure.

Great

Thanks
    Last edited by Robinhood; 03-06-2013 at 01:17 PM.

OK, first link is what I was looking for, good demo of using body structure.

Great

Thanks
    Great.

Compare with my recieving and issuing sharing here. Same mechanics, I use wall as opponent . The demo is always there if one know where to look. In fact I even do it and explain it but if one doesn't see then one does see because one doesnt know what is it. I even suggest physics lab monitring. But some people really don't know what I am talking about and have no real internal training experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkvhj06Fw4
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-06-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    my recieving and issuing sharing here.
    Not all "sharing" will be appreciated. When you share something, people can treat it as:

1. A different angle to look at the samething (positive).
    2. You know somthing that they don't (negative).
    3. An attacking on their current system (negative).

If you intend to share from the bottom of your heart, but you receive the 2nd or the 3rd respond, it's about time to stop your "sharing".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    4. I proudly take some credit for that.... I think it was the YouTube clip of a baby throwing a tantrum.... I'm sure we'll see that soon.

On point 3, was that really him?
    You can't take ALL the credit - there were a few of us badgering him until he took a hike. What a nice break that was!

Yes, that was really him. And if I am not mistaken, he had a few versions of the pikachu name floating around here thru-out the years.

He wants to say I'm making things up, but everything I have stated is fact - he can't dispute even a single one of them, or he would have. The guy seems to have some serious mental issues remember even what he has done in the past year. And we are to believe his 'research'?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90