Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tradional technique vs. tournament technique

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    No body is saying it is better, only different.......different doesn't mean better !

Train without rules and protection, what is so hard about that, well I take that back , the concept is easy, application and control is not. If all you can do is through hay makers at each other it won't work.
    That's still not really street training - you're not going all out with techniques when you do this
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I disagree that the horses and canons make the civil war guys cooler, too noisy and horse poop all over.
    We have silk jammies, exotic weapons that can just as easily eviscerate us as our opponent, monks that kick ass and hanging stuff off our scrotum, you don't find that **** on the civil war battlefield !!
    <clapping - weeping> You've just made me re-valuate my point of view.

You're right - we are the Cool Kids!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    That's still not really street training - you're not going all out with techniques when you do this
    Yes, if it gets to the point of all out, you usually have missed your opportunity to capitalize on their weakness.

The whole idea of exploiting someone's weaknesses , is to have an advantage, to just swing and miss till someone goes down is like playing Russian roulette.

If you can't find weakness you don't want to commit much or risk much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The whole idea of exploiting someone's weaknesses , is to have an advantage, to just swing and miss till someone goes down is like playing Russian roulette.
    There is a so called "machine gun" theory that you pull your triger and shoot out as many bullets as you can, hope one of your bullet can kill your opponent. When your opponent tries to dodge your bullets, he will open his weakness to you.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    There is a so called "machine gun" theory that you pull your triger and shoot out as many bullets as you can, hope one of your bullet can kill your opponent. When your opponent tries to dodge your bullets, he will open his weakness to you.
    Sure, as long as he does not take advantage of you first,.all in sensitivity and adjustment, whose chasing who.

YKW and Robinhood,
    Two kinds of engagement from the way I see it.
    The 'boxing' style (for lack of better term) where you engage and wear down your opponent, trying to deliver more damage than you take until you can find a weakness and defeat him.

The Blalde fighter. He knows that he just needs one good cut to win or loose, and he wants to avoid anything that is equal, he wants to consolidate all his advantages, and then strike to cut and keep cutting until its done.

John's "Machine Gun" sounds a lot like the 'Blade' fighter mentality to me. Attacking once is all you should have to do. And yea, you may have to do it twice, or more if you're not up to it.

This also translates into training. Especially the concept of consolidating your advantages and manipulating/controlling the engagement before you throw the first bridge.

I think this translates into street vs tournament technique, to some extent.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    actually it is a technique of no technique

random fists

random kicks

random strikes with staff or blade

one after another

etc etc

disorderly but many and many

--

luan gun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    it is a technique of no technique ...
    XingYi master used to say, "Even if you can't find any opportunity to attack, you still keep moving. Moving after moving, your opponent will open himself up for your attack".

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/2721/keepmoving1if.jpg
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument