Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallon Fox

I'm hoping for MMA with weapons...just like in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I missed that one.....Now i don't want to know what's next
    How about Battle Royales like WWE? Sixteen fighters in the cage! I saw a live 16-man Battle Royale once, back in the day. It was freaking sweet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm hoping for MMA with weapons...just like in the movies
    Dog Brothers.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Who let the dogs out?

That's more like the Kimbo Slice of the MMW (mixed martial weapons) world.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    So dude chopped of the sausage and now fights a bunch of girls? I don't really think thats fair.
    actually the sausage is not chopped off. the balls are..then the sausage is sliced in half and inverted to look like a *****(i filmed the surgery for a doc im working on..and just thought i should burn that image into everyone's mind as it will forever be burned in mine)

now here is the thing..im a big supporter of gay rights, and the lgbtq community HOWEVER...i think she will have a genetic advantage over the other woman in her weight class. because her body will never fully suppress the amount of testosterone she uses..add to that the fact that most female fighters Use it anyways. but thats just a strength advantage... as we all know being strong doesnt make you a good fighter.. george foreman was WAY stronger then muhammid ali..and we saw who won that fight right? being born a man won't make her a better skilled fighter. so let her fight.

its funny i started writing this thinking one thing.. but then i thought bruce lee and muhammid ali and many other great fighters who fought stronger opponents and won..and im like she doesnt have that much of an advantage.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    cnn interview with her

so, she didn't start mma till after her reassignment surgury...not sure what that speaks to
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    actually the sausage is not chopped off. the balls are..then the sausage is sliced in half and inverted to look like a *****(i filmed the surgery for a doc im working on..and just thought i should burn that image into everyone's mind as it will forever be burned in mine)

now here is the thing..im a big supporter of gay rights, and the lgbtq community HOWEVER...i think she will have a genetic advantage over the other woman in her weight class. because her body will never fully suppress the amount of testosterone she uses..add to that the fact that most female fighters Use it anyways. but thats just a strength advantage... as we all know being strong doesnt make you a good fighter.. george foreman was WAY stronger then muhammid ali..and we saw who won that fight right? being born a man won't make her a better skilled fighter. so let her fight.

its funny i started writing this thinking one thing.. but then i thought bruce lee and muhammid ali and many other great fighters who fought stronger opponents and won..and im like she doesnt have that much of an advantage.
    but, it's still not apples vs. apples.

other side of the coin: does anyone think a transgenderd male (female to male) would ever want to fight against guys? i think the same genetics apply the other way: no one born a female will ever be as strong as a male of the same weight. (all else being equal: same training regime, etc)

...hmmm...why wouldn't the drug protocols/hormone therapy that a transgender fighter has to be on immediatly disqualify them from fighting pro anyways?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Get transgendered, then start a career in mma?

Does that seem off to anyone else but me?

Oh wait..it does.

yeah, well, lets see what comes of this.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Get transgendered, then start a career in mma?

Does that seem off to anyone else but me?

Oh wait..it does.

yeah, well, lets see what comes of this.
    yes...yes it does.

the only other question in my mind is what is his/her chromosonal makeup? xx, xy or one of a myriad of other combinations?

everyone has a right to do what they want..until it can negatively affect someone else. i think it's ridiculous for anyone to think 'she' won't have a physical advantage and while strength/speed is only part of the equation, it IS part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    yes...yes it does.

the only other question in my mind is what is his/her chromosonal makeup? xx, xy or one of a myriad of other combinations?

everyone has a right to do what they want..until it can negatively affect someone else. i think it's ridiculous for anyone to think 'she' won't have a physical advantage and while strength/speed is only part of the equation, it IS part of the equation.
    Well, they could always start a transgender mma league for m>w and another for w>m.

that way, at least the weigh ins and stats actually count for something.

the muscle mass and power will still be high in the transgender man>woman. The estrogen doesn't make you a woman, it masks your manliness more than anything. I'm sure someone understands the process better.

But, putting plastic boobies in and cutting your meat and two veg off doesn't make you a woman by default. Physically you are still male in many respects.

So to that end, a transgender man will have an advantage in a ring over a natural born female.

I could be wrong and would be open and willing to have it explained and proven to me that I am wrong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

no you're absolutely right. obviously (get ready for it) he wasnt man enough to fight other men.

badabing!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Interesting FOX commentary

I'm not sure that this "makes liberals rejoice", but maybe it does. Who supports MMA more, liberals or conservatives? John McCain was conservative and an outspoken critic of MMA. It is certainly a complicated issue politically.

Mixed Martial Arts fighter Fallon Fox shouldn't be allowed to beat up women
    By Steven Crowder
    Published March 20, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Let me paint you a picture: your daughter is playing a contact sport. Say, football or hockey. She's gone from being your little girl to becoming a beautiful young woman. Opposite her on the field (or ice), is somebody who once was a man, until he decided that he didn’t feel like being one anymore.

This person can now legally, physically attack your daughter.

This makes liberals rejoice. How progressive.

Enter Fallon Fox, a male-to-female transgendered person, who has now decided to make a living by beating up women. With a record of 2-0, none of Fallon’s female victims have even made it past two minutes of the first round. If you were to watch these fights, it would look very much like you would expect…a man knocking a woman unconscious.

In the name of political correctness, leftists have come out championing the cause, as Fallon ragdolls female opponents into oblivion.

I can just hear the critics now... “She’s a she!” “You just hate transgender people!” or of my personal favorite “your values are just archaic!”

Archaic values? Possibly. Here’s one to try on for size…

Unless you were born and raised a woman, you don’t go around hitting chicks.

It’s only natural for human beings to get squeamish at the sight of a lifelong male pummeling dames mercilessly, but it’s not an argument. So let’s use a scientific one! Surprisingly, human biology is not the ****phobic, intrinsically anti-transgender medium that leftists would have you believe.

So let’s assume for a second that one can completely change their genetics (rather than the likely reality of having merely pushed certain, inconvenient gene expressions at bay) after having Bobbitt’d their wiener. It is still undeniable that for this person’s entire life, that he had the hormonal profile and capabilities of a man. This is of course to say nothing of the ligaments, bone density and overall musculature that has been built over a lifetime of… well, being a man. Let’s just talk hormones for a second.

Healthy young men naturally have an approximate testosterone level of 450-1100 ng./dl. Women, typically have that of 40-70 ng./dl. That’s a ratio of at least 10:1.

To give you some context; the dumb, roided out, oompa-loompa orange, professional bodybuilder at your neighborhood curl-rack very seldom enjoy that kind of a testosterone gap over their own male counterparts (with average pro bodybuilders coming in somewhere around 3500 ng.dl)

Even when people discontinue their stupid steroid cycles, they keep a significant portion of the gains they’ve made. (Also, their tribal tattoos. Gotta keep it real bro!)

Let me ask you this; if Barry Bonds came out and said “Okay okay, I did copious amounts of steroids for over 20 years, but I stopped before I hit my last few homers,” would you consider that fair? Would you consider it a distinctly illegal advantage or merely put one on the ledger for ol’ Bondy-boy! Chalk it up to him and his shenanigans, that’s our Barry!

Then there’s Lance Armstrong. Do people cut him a lot of slack for doping?

Finally, let me present to you exhibit C: Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos. Once the definitive Strikeforce female featherweight champion, Cristiane found herself stripped of the title and suspended from fighting. The reason? You guessed it, anabolic steroids. See the reason for this is that often, hard as it is to believe, anabolic steroids assist drastically in improving one’s performance!

On a related note, Fallon Fox has being using steroids for decades.

They’re called testicles.

If you’ve had them, grown up with them and used them... you don't get to beat up women.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well this is unfair as hell for the woman this shemale is fighting.

Men are just way stronger than women, in general, at the same weight class.

The shemale should be fighting other men.

The reaction against FOX

Fox News Columnist Launches Transphobic, Unscientific Rant Against MMA Fighter
    Blog ››› 1 hour and 17 minutes ago ››› CARLOS MAZA

Fox News contributor and self-identified "comedian" Stephen Crowder published a transphobic FoxNews.com column smearing a transgender Mixed Martial Arts fighter by repeatedly referring to her as a male and incorrectly accusing her of having an unfair advantage over her opponents as a result of "being a man."

In a March 20 FoxNews.com column, Crowder railed against transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox, repeatedly depicting her as a male who's interested in "beating up women":

Let me paint you a picture: your daughter is playing a contact sport. Say, football or hockey. She's gone from being your little girl to becoming a beautiful young woman. Opposite her on the field (or ice), is somebody who once was a man, until he decided that he didn't feel like being one anymore.

[...]

Enter Fallon Fox, a male-to-female transgendered person, who has now decided to make a living by beating up women.

[...]

Unless you were born and raised a woman, you don't go around hitting chicks.

Crowder's insistence on referring to Fox as a male is clearly meant to be derogatory. Mentally, physically, and legally, Fox is considered a woman. Given she also self-identifies as a woman, Crowder is violating basic journalistic standards by failing to identify a transgender person by his or her stated gender. As Bleacher Report's Matt Juul recently wrote:

While it's fair to debate the possible advantages of Fox's physical attributes (although there's increasing scientific evidence that she has zero advantages), referring to her as a man is disrespectful and is not even close to being factually accurate. [emphasis added]

Solidifying himself as more of a "comedian" than a commentator, Crowder went on to claim - in the most stigmatizing and shameful way possible - that, because she was born a biological male, Fox has an unfair physical advantage over her female opponents:

So let's assume for a second that one can completely change their genetics (rather than the likely reality of having merely pushed certain, inconvenient gene expressions at bay) after having Bobbitt'd their wiener. It is still undeniable that for this person's entire life, that he had the hormonal profile and capabilities of a man. This is of course to say nothing of the ligaments, bone density and overall musculature that has been built over a lifetime of... well, being a man. Let's just talk hormones for a second.

[...]

On a related note, Fallon Fox has being using steroids for decades.

They're called testicles.

If you've had them, grown up with them and used them... you don't get to beat up women. [emphasis added]

Crowder is unqualified to be making statements about the physical characteristics of a transgender woman.

According to experts who have looked at Fox's case, Fox is unlikely to experience any significant physical damage over her female opponents.

Dr. Marci Bowers, MD:

Most measures of physical strength minimize, muscle mass decreases, bone density decreases, and they become fairly comparable to women in their musculature. After as much time as has passed in her case, if tested, she would probably end up in the same muscle mass category as her biologically born female counterpart.

Dr. Sherman Leis, founder of the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery:

If an individual is on female hormones, and she's been on them for several years, the hormones decrease the muscle mass, bone density, strength, libido and aggression. Those things are attributed to testosterone, and if she no longer produces testosterone, then she would have the level that an average female would have.

She's been doing that (hormone therapy) for so many years, that she probably does not have a significant advantage, if any at all. Especially because she wasn't a big man when she lived as a male. She's 5'7 and slight of build, and basically the size of an average female. Factor in that she's been on hormones for so long, and has had the surgery, she more than likely has the muscle mass, bone density and strength of most females.

As Sports Illustrated noted, "conclusive supporting data on the subject of competitive equity has only increased as the transgender community grows among all ages."

And James McDonald at Bleacher Report recently noted that much of the criticism about Fox's alleged physical advantage has been based on bias and ignorance, not real medical expertise.

This clearly seems to be the case with Crowder, who has no basis in his column for blindly insisting "she's a man!" Like his fellow Fox News contributor Dr. Keith Ablow who regularly misinforms about LGBT issues, Crowder is more interested in mocking and stigmatizing transgender people than doing actual research about the subject he's commenting on.

Last month, GLAAD called on Fox News to end its transphobic coverage, yet given Crowder's column, it seems the network has failed to do so.
    I have a transgender cousin, so this is very intriguing to me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I have a transgender cousin, so this is very intriguing to me.
    Do you ever...think...about her?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterkiller View Post
    do you ever...think...about her?
    lol!!!! !!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.