Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallon Fox

My cousin is she to he

She had the same name that I do, but the girl's version. He abandoned it for a more masculine name. That part bothered me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    She had the same name that I do, but the girl's version. He abandoned it for a more masculine name. That part bothered me.
    pix pls

sdfs

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

lol. no, not going there.

I will say that it was the right choice. Not the name change, but the sex change. For some people, it is a necessity.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I will say that it was the right choice. Not the name change, but the sex change. For some people, it is a necessity.
    does s/he have big muscles like buck angel

i youtubed fallon fox, she has bigger muscles than me, and dem pitbull neck
    Last edited by bawang; 03-21-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Allana Jones steps up

We'll see if the fight happens and what happens in the wake...
    Opponent Commits to May Bout vs. Transgender Mixed Martial Arts Fighter Fallon Fox in Coral Gables
    The Florida State Boxing Commission may decide the status of Fox, who used to be a man, on Friday
    By Willard Shepard
    | Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013 | Updated 12:03 AM EDT

Opponent Commits to Bout vs. Transgender MMA Fighter
    [IMG]http://media.nbcmiami.com/images/654*368/Fallon+Fox.jpg[/IMG]
    Courtesy Championship Fighting Alliance
    MMA fighter Fallon Fallon announced after a recent bout that she used to be a man.

As the Florida State Boxing Commission considers whether a transgender mixed martial arts fighter can get back in the ring, her next opponent has committed to taking her on in a May bout.

The case of Fallon Fox – who used to be a man and now identifies as a woman – has brought up legal issues and safety concerns, experts said.

But MMA fighter Allana Jones has decided she will face off against Fox at the University of Miami’s BankUnited Center May 24, promoter Jorge de la Noval of the Championship Fighting Alliance told NBC 6 Monday night.

“A fight is a fight! I’ll knock her out!” the promoter quoted Jones as saying. She had until Tuesday to decide.

Meantime, the debate over should Fox be able to compete as a woman is intensifying. The boxing commission may decide Fox’s status when it meets Friday.

Law Would Let Transgender Students Use Bathroom of Choice

When Fox took on Erika Newsome in a March 2 fight at the BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, they had a weight difference of just 8 ounces. Newsome is four years younger than Fox, but it took Fox just 39 seconds to dismantle her opponent, and the bout was stopped when Fox delivered a knee that gave her a knockout win.

After the bout, Fallon announced that she used to be a man.

Fox says she knows her transgender status will cause controversy.

“Because I know there’s a possibility that people are going to come after me, they’re not going to understand, so I have to be ready,” she said in a preview of the documentary “Game Face” posted on YouTube. The film is about athletes’ coming-out process.

Fallon added emphatically in the online video that she never regrets making the transition to being a woman.

Fallon directed all calls to her agent, who directed NBC 6 to speak with the promoter, de la Noval. He said his organization, the Championship Fighting Alliance, respects Fallon.

“We don't ask our fighters what their sexual preferences are. We don't discriminate (against) any of our fighters,” de la Noval said.

NBC 6 obtained the application Fox filled out with the Florida State Boxing Commission to get her license. On the form she circled female. By signing, Fox attested that the answers she gave were true and correct to the best of her knowledge.

But the state department that regulates martial arts said that it is “currently investigating alleged discrepancies in the information provided on the application.”

“Please note that her license is not suspended or frozen during the investigation; it is still active,” Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation spokeswoman Sandi Copes Poreda said in a statement about Fox. “Currently, there is nothing that would prohibit her from being proposed on a fight card in our state."

Former professional fighter Mickey Demos, who now trains the boxers for the University of Miami club team, said Fox has an unfair advantage.

“When it comes to speed, and power, aggression, (it’s a) completely different animal. It’s dangerous what this person is doing,” he said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last edited by jesper; 04-02-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Some lesser known capoeira 'legends' were known to be transgender and cross dressing adepts of their art(s).
    I would be afraid getting into the ring with a transgender individual as long as the person was not 6' 5' and 400 lbs

I hat Joe Rogan, but ****, he makes good arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZe61dnol_4

No violation - case closed

Fallon Fox Did Not Commit Violation When She Applied for License With Florida State Boxing Commission: Ruling
    Fox is scheduled to fight Allana Jones at the BankUnited Center May 24
    Thursday, Apr 4, 2013 | Updated 12:45 AM EDT

Transgender mixed martial arts fighter Fallon Fox can continue to compete in bouts as a woman in Florida after a state agency dismissed a complaint about her license.

Fox did not commit a violation when she applied to get her license from the Florida State Boxing Commission, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation said in a new ruling provided to NBC 6 on Wednesday.

The department investigated whether Fox committed fraud or deceit when she secured her MMA license, but determined that she did not, Assistant General Counsel Roger Maas wrote.

Fox – who used to be a man and now identifies as a woman – is set to fight Allana Jones at the University of Miami’s BankUnited Center in Coral Gables May 24.

Fox knocked out Erika Newsome in just 39 seconds in a March 2 bout at the BankUnited Center. She announced afterward that she used to be a man.

Fox has an unfair advantage over female opponents in terms of speed, power and aggression, former professional fighter Mickey Demos told NBC 6 earlier this week.

In his ruling, Maas said that Fox applied for a license with the California State Athletic Commission on Feb. 8, and five days later the CSAC sent her a “license payment receipt” which included a cutout section that she believed to be her license.

When Fox applied to the Florida State Boxing Commission as an MMA participant on March 1, she indicated that she was licensed in California. But a week later the CSAC’s executive director, Andy Foster, confirmed to a DBPR investigator that Fox still wasn’t fully licensed because her application was under a medical review, according to Maas.

Foster acknowledged that the receipt cutout could be mistaken for a license, but maintained that the license was not valid until the application had been fully processed, Maas wrote.

Fox told the DBPR in an affidavit, “I had a reasonable belief that this document is a license, and I have no reason to believe that this document is not a license. No from the [CSAC] has informed me otherwise.”

Maas ordered the case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Some lesser known capoeira 'legends' were known to be transgender and cross dressing adepts of their art(s).
    There are transgenders in Muay Thai too. Ever see Beautiful Boxer? Actually, that was a true story about a transvestite, which is different. Nevertheless, the tradition of Katooies in Thailand is very prominent as anyone who has been there will testify.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I vote we turn bawang into the worlds greatest transgender champion.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

There are transgenders in Muay Thai too. Ever see Beautiful Boxer? Actually, that was a true story about a transvestite, which is different. Nevertheless, the tradition of Katooies in Thailand is very prominent as anyone who has been there will testify.
    That Muay Thai tranny fought men though. While fighting MT and as an MT champion (I think), he was just a cross dresser/****sexual. It was after he retired from fighting that he started taking female hormones and then chopping off his ***** to become a full time tranny.

Fox should be fighting men. But if a female fighter agrees to fight, then that's fine.

Got to hand it to Allana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    That Muay Thai tranny fought men though.
    True, very true.

I must say that I'm intrigued enough to try to watch this fight.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

UFC Fighter suspended

Guess you got to watch what you say....

UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione had his contract suspended by the UFC Monday after making comments about a transgendered mixed martial artist named Fallon Fox.

Fox was born a man but had gender reassignment surgery and is socially recognized as a woman.

However, controversy within the MMA community has surrounded the 37-year-old, as many believe the fighter has an unfair advantage over opponents. Fox competes in the 145-pound women’s featherweight division.

Fox debuted in the sport in 2012 but didn’t publicly come out out as a transgendered athlete until early March 2013, a couple days after picking up a knockout win over Ericka Newsome at a Championship Fighting Alliance event in Florida.

“That is a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak,” said Mitrione, who referred to Fox as “he” and “him” throughout an interview on The MMA Hour Monday. “And I mean that. Because you lied on your license to beat up women. That’s disgusting.”

Many medical professionals — citing muscle mass and bone density among other things — have argued Fox has an unfair advantage over female opponents and that there are health and safety concerns over Fox competing against women.

UFC commentator Joe Rogan spoke out against Fox fighting females several weeks ago on his podcast.

“I’ll be respectful but you can’t fight women when you have a man’s frame. Period,” Rogan said. “Women aren’t that wide, that generates to increased punching power. Women don’t have that sort of muscle structure.”

Mitrione’s comments were along the same line as Rogan’s, although perhaps slightly more blatant, and they come after the UFC implemented a code of conduct for its fighters in January.

“The fact that Florida licensed him because California licensed him or whoever the hell did it, it’s an embarrassment to us as fighters, as a sport, and we all should protest that,” Mitrione added. ”The woman that’s fighting him, props to you. I hope you beat his ass, and I hope he gets blackballed and never fights again because that’s disgusting and I’m appalled by that.”

After being made aware of Mitrione’s comments the UFC issued the following statement:

“The UFC was appalled by the transphobic comments made by heavyweight Matt Mitrione today in an interview on the ‘MMA Hour.’

“The organization finds Mr. Mitrione’s comments offensive and wholly unacceptable and — as a direct result of this significant breach of the UFC’s code of conduct – Mr. Mitrione’s UFC contract has been suspended and the incident is being investigated.

“The UFC is a friend and ally of the LGBT community, and expects and requires all 450 of its athletes to treat others with dignity and respect.”

It’s uncertain at this time how long Mitrione’s contract will be suspended for and when he will be able to compete again.

Mitrione picked up a 19-second knockout win over Phil De Fries at the UFC’s event in Sweden this past weekend.

The win was Mitrione’s sixth in the UFC – his fifth by either knockout or TKO – and it snapped a two-fight losing streak.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/ufc-...nsphobic-rant/

Way to blow it, Mitrione

It's a shame when fighters get as far as UFC and then blow it over some thoughtless comment. It happens in all sports, but UFC as a fledgling sport that is still trying to get coverage from the newspaper sports sections, has to be particularly sensitive. Those athletes that have earned a precious slot as a UFC fighter need to realize that. There's a huge difference between Rogan's commentary and Mitrione's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    The UFC is a friend and ally of the LGBT community
    Maybe Bruno was right!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips