Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could do it all over again...

If you could do it all over again...

If you could hit a reset button and start your training all over, what would you change?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    If you could hit a reset button and start your training all over, what would you change?
    More orgies with sexy co-eds.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Girls were certainly my downfall....
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Oops, I think that mighty may mean Martial arts training...

to both of you

Cough <bullsh*t> cough cough

I'd stayed with my first teacher for longer when I was a wee lad in elementary. He was a hard core Shorin Ryu guy who liked to fight. I would've started Judo around the same time. I would still have done the kung fu, cuz it's cool - but there was an opportunity to cross train Thai boxing that I didn't take and I should have. Over-all, I've been pretty happy with my MA choices.
    Last edited by MightyB; 03-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.

I'd definitely start with judo. In fact, when my nephews asked me about kung fu, I actually took them to judo instead. Not that I didn't learn any tumbling in kung fu, its just that we do too much of it 'cause we didn't have any mats.

I've dabbled in many other systems. In fact, I would've stay with my first teacher and still have taken the other systems as a supplement. Mainly judo or GJJ.
    Last edited by Bernard; 03-07-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

I'd stayed with my first teacher for longer when I was a wee lad in elementary. He was a hard core Shorin Ryu guy who liked to fight. I would've started Judo around the same time. I probably would still have done the kung fu, cuz it's cool - but there was an opportunity to cross train Thai boxing that I didn't take and I should have. Over-all, I've been pretty happy with my MA choices.
    I don't think I would do anything different.
    I was always practical-oriented and tried my hand at every MA I could get access to.
    When I had access to boxing I did boxing, had access to wrestling and did wrestling, some for Judo and BJJ for example.
    Some arts I seeked out, like BJJ and TKD, others it just made sense to try.
    Sometimes I look back at my time in WC and wonder if it was worth it since it was too "Unnatural" for me BUT every time I use trapping I am thankful for it.
    I can't think of one MA that I would say was a wast of time, except maybe systema but the good thing about exposing yourself to certain questionable systems is that you learn first hand about them.
    Nothing develops your BS meter better than exposure to BS.

I'd like to find a Sambo school. I think I would like Sambo. I certainly steal enough of their techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I can't think of one MA that I would say was a wast of time, except maybe systema but the good thing about exposing yourself to certain questionable systems is that you learn first hand about them.
    Nothing develops your BS meter better than exposure to BS.
    Sucka Lol

Sucka Lol
    In my defense there was this blond Russian babe that was very bendy...

Blog Entries
    If you could do it all over again...

More bag work. Less forms.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In my defense there was this blond Russian babe that was very bendy...
    They all are... mmmmm - Russian girls...

Bathroom Break - be back in 10, I mean 4 minutes!

They all are... mmmmm - Russian girls...

Bathroom Break - be back in 10, I mean 4 minutes!
    4 minutes! Braggart!!!

Not take a two year break in the early 2000s. It cost me a lot of great training time. Plus I'd invent Kung Fu Magazine before Gene and take all the phat l00ts.