Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laap sao DRILL

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Then why are those; whom made contact with him as students/followers (on this forum) have so much negative aggression and contempt towards other families of wing chun, are they not of his stock?

Or is it the case of he’s apple falling very far from the tree?

And what does he say and teaches that make his people react the way they do to others?

Ali

Yeap,

I never had a normal conversation with someone from Philip Bayer lineage.

They seem all hot blooded, and fast to go berserk when we just ask question about what they do...

If they like action so much, I know some people from thai boxing they should visit to redescend on earth.

Wing Chun talks too big, Thai are more modest, and they rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Then why are those; whom made contact with him as students/followers (on this forum) have so much negative aggression and contempt towards other families of wing chun, are they not of his stock?

Or is it the case of he’s apple falling very far from the tree?

And what does he say and teaches that make his people react the way they do to others?

Ali
    I gotta admit, as a WSLer myself this house not just PB attracts a particularly >ahem< pugnacious group. Being from multiple houses, following one way tenaciously just doesn't work for me or arguing for it either. I don't personally agree 100 percent with any of my formally trained houses approach. Like all good sifu, PB tells it as he sees it but doesn't put down other houses as far as I know. What students do with it or represent is another thing.
    PS. I like your clips...eccept for that candle thing but I weighed in on that already You have a good way of transmiting information and good structure.Not trying to blow sunshine around or anything
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by poulperadieux View Post
    Yeap,

I never had a normal conversation with someone from Philip Bayer lineage.

They seem all hot blooded, and fast to go berserk when we just ask question about what they do...

If they like action so much, I know some people from thai boxing they should visit to redescend on earth.

Wing Chun talks too big, Thai are more modest, and they rule the world.
    What's a normal conversation where this forum is concerned. It's not possible!

<<<<start hot blooded rant>>>>.......WTF are you on about anyway? You know some Thai boxers that will beat us up? Is that it? You clown.

I imagine that your cloudy mind has some funny ideas about other things as well lolol

FWIW I had exactly the same opinion about the PB lineage up until I went to see for myself (how many times have I got to say that?) and things were very different to what I thought they would be. That wasn't helped by a previous WSL Teacher that used to try and discredit PB all the time.

[QUOTE=Graham H;1218146]
    FWIW I had exactly the same opinion about the PB lineage up until I went to see for myself (how many times have I got to say that?)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good for you and good that you found a way that you like. But why repeat that again and again and again?

Good for you and good that you found a way that you like. But why repeat that again and again and again?
    I've got a st....stt.....sstttt......st...stttaa.....sssttttt tammmmeerr!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    FWIW I had exactly the same opinion about the PB lineage up until I went to see for myself (how many times have I got to say that?) and things were very different to what I thought they would be. That wasn't helped by a previous WSL Teacher that used to try and discredit PB all the time.
    So what happened? You were a young somewhat inexperienced whippersnapper who just learned SNT and the mean man PB boxed your ears for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Maybe he's just trying to convince himself?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

As a few people here have said that they visited PB and were impressed/had a complete re-think regarding their Wing Chun, maybe Kevin or Graham (or anyone else) could write a post/create a thread, explaining how that first meeting with PB went?

What was it you liked? How did it differ from what you saw/trained before?

I think in Kevin's case he learned originally from Viktor Kan (a direct student of Yip Man). So a comparison would make for really interesting reading.

Yes, it could be a little political - but WTF, most threads on this forum slip into an argument anyways.

My personal experience is perhaps a little similar to Graham's and Kevin's. I experienced Wing Tsun in Eastern Europe, and later experienced WT from various West European countries - and realized that what I see coming from Eastern Europe and Hong Kong (and in some cases from the US too), fits better with me/makes more sense to me/is more of an eye opener.

I have no particular interest in learning PB's VT, but I would like to visit him if I had the chance - just for the fun of seeing it/feeling it first hand. But as that isn't possible at the moment, maybe Kevin and Graham could talk about their experience?

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Maybe he's just trying to convince himself?
    I would have no problem "convinvcing" you and Joy if you were close. No problem at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    So what happened? You were a young somewhat inexperienced whippersnapper who just learned SNT and the mean man PB boxed your ears for you?

Exactly that. In fact I am yet to be taught Chum Kiu.

I have read many of you posts over the last year and you are undoubtledly one of the foremost authorities on Wing Chun on this forum. Your ideas are so easy to understand and make perfect sense. There were many gaps before but you have filled them all. Sometimes after reading your input I leave this forum with a pleasent little smile on my face knowing that bI have moved forward in my life.

After all theses wasted years........

<<<gets down on one knee and holds a cup of cha aloft>>>>>

.......Sifu Wayfaring? Will you be my new Teacher?

Please say yes or I will have to ask Joy and I'm not ready for those sorts of heights yet.

.......Sifu Wayfaring? Will you be my new Teacher?
    No. But I will say a little prayer for whoever it is that IS your teacher. And offer up a little incense for him.

Because that job has to be on up there with cleaning up after the elephants at the circus.

I would have no problem "convinvcing" you and Joy if you were close. No problem at all!
    Wow - how old are you, 12? 13? I think you are running a close race with Hendrik for most pointless & idiotic posts on KFO...

Scratch that, I think you just took first place. What a tool.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 03-12-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: I stand corrected
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Wow - how old are you, 12? 13? I think you are running a close race with Hendrik for most pointless & idiotic posts on KFO...

Scratch that, I think you just took first place. What a tool.
    Is that it? That is the best you have to compare me to Hendrik and call me a tool?

Good stuff. I'm impressed.

I'm still waiting for someone to provide some evidence of lop sao ever being used in full contact settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    No. But I will say a little prayer for whoever it is that IS your teacher.
    Ha! You're nearly as good as Jonathon Pen1s in Arizona. Funny guys for sure. Thick as two short planks but funny.