Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: lower abs breathing in SLT

Quote Originally Posted by Sima Rong View Post
    No, I thought you were. I don't wish to develop internal skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    There are two types of respiration- cellular respiration and physiological respiration. Physiological respiration is the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen between the environment and the body through the lungs. Technically, breathing is separate from each of these, but is required for both of them to occur.

Abdominal breathing is not natural, nor is chest breathing. Natural (and the most efficient breathing) is to use both the diaphram and the intercostal muscles. This is the type of breathing that endurnace athletes use. Also they don't have to having to "train" or "learn" how to do this.

The lower abdominal muscles have nothing to do with breathing.
    Here is the bottom line, natural is best. The problem comes from the body usually stops being natural the older you get. You are born and stay natural for a number of years, then tension starts to develop in the body at all different places for different reasons, and now you don't breath or do anything natural . So getting the tension and stiffness and over thinking out of the body and mind will help you get back to natural body, which will bring natural breathing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Here is the bottom line, natural is best. The problem comes from the body usually stops being natural the older you get. You are born and stay natural for a number of years, then tension starts to develop in the body at all different places for different reasons, and now you don't breath or do anything natural . So getting the tension and stiffness and over thinking out of the body and mind will help you get back to natural body, which will bring natural breathing.
    If you watch how a new born baby breaths, the lower ads goes outward as he/she breaths in which is called reversed breathing (movement within the lower dantian).

Before our daily tenuous existence and levels of stress began in our everyday life’s, it’s the first and nature way of breathing, which helps the baby to develop nourishment to the brain, hair and skin.

As usual, wcners send me thier feedback.

"Today before practice I watched your film on Ab breathing and incorporated the gentle rocking with the breath. This was excellent and made the practice quite different.

First it showed very clearly how much tension I am holding in my body which, when I worked on it, immediately created a much stronger sensation of the Qi field around me. "

Just take a few minute to test it to see result.

One can keep read and think and theoritize about God and only get thought. to know God one needs to pray.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    As usual, wcners send me thier feedback.
    From all the forum members (less a couple) ridiculing you, I would bet the usual feedback goes the other way.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    actually reverse breathing is when the abdominals go in during inhalation;
    You are correct typo on my behalf.

I do respect your views (opinions) and they’re very good ones.

Your opinions really let me know what you feel; not saying that your opinions are wrong because my facts come from collage texts books from the past (maybe yours as well).. But what you presented in your post are your opinions and from the very start I realized this:

Not necessarily; I've worked with lots of infants and toddlers who do not breathe "naturally" (or optimally);
    This lets me know that you feel that he could be right in what he’s saying, in which shows your honesty.

I think the tensions develop a lot earlier than people would like to think, even immediately following delivery (if not before...)
    This opinion could be very true, especially if the mother had no prenatal care or used drugs etc,,, anything genetic from the parents would/could develop later on in life.

I think part of the problem is that the child models the parent's breathing patterns from the get go - so if mom / dad have issues, the kid picks them up right away;
    I find this opinion very confusing. Again,,,, anything genetic from the parents would develop later on in life, because every entity has its own fresh start dealing with transformation and development, and for the child to model the parents based on their health issues or behaviors (breathing) wouldn’t be a part of an infants transformation and development.

I enjoy your posting, and very much do value your opinions.

Take care,

Ali
    Last edited by Ali. R; 03-12-2013 at 12:07 PM.

LOL @ using how a baby breaths as optimal. Last time I checked, babies hardly do anything that is optimal. That is why they are helpless and why it takes 20 or so years to develop the optimal skills that enable one to be independent, fully functional human.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    spoken like someone who has no idea what they are talking about. I have a good friend who is an international marathon runner, triathelete and cross country runner, when coaching others he always starts with how to breathe correctly as do most endurance sports coaches.
    If he starts with breathing, he is the clueless one.

You are also incorrect with your assessment of the most efficient way to breathe as expanding the chest using the intercostals requires significant energy to move what is a very heavy structure (ribs and pectorals etc) using very small muscles and also leads to shallow breathing as it imparts an upwards resistance to the diaphragm. Breathing deeply and calmly using the diaphragm is the most efficient way to breathe and this is why it is practised and used by top atheletes the world over..
    Research shows that conditioning of the intercostals is one of the training effects that goes on with endurance training. No high or medium level runner runs without using the intercostal muscles.

Thumbs down Obviously have issues with something.

LOL @ using how a baby breaths as optimal. Last time I checked, babies hardly do anything that is optimal. That is why they are helpless and why it takes 20 or so years to develop the optimal skills that enable one to be independent, fully functional human.
    I’ve mention nothing about a babies breathing being strong or flawless, but only about the pattern in which it inhales air into its lungs (naturally), which happens to amplify movement within the lower diagram of the infants torso (dantian), everything else you’d just made up.

This is why I’d tried my best to stay away from you, because your posting is jumping the gun and all over the place, drawing conclusion on something I clearly didn’t say or suggest in any way. You’re too aggressive in your approach and clearly off within your rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve mention nothing about a babies breathing being strong or flawless, but only about the pattern in which it inhales air into its lungs (naturally), which happens to amplify movement within the lower diagram of the infants torso (dantian), everything else you’d just made up.

This is why I’d tried my best to stay away from you, because your posting is jumping the gun and all over the place, drawing conclusion on something I clearly didn’t say or suggest in any way. You’re too aggressive in your approach and clearly off within your rebuttal.
    "Natural" is rarely optimal.

"Natural" is rarely optimal.
    Youre right, those lions and tigers and all those other animals need breathing training to be optimal

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Youre right, those lions and tigers and all those other animals need breathing training to be optimal
    In one respect you are right on the money. Breathing is "natural" in that it does not have to be learned by doing special breathing techniques (I'm pretty sure there are no animals practicing lower ab breathing).

What I should have said is that "natural" in an infant is rarely optimal. Infants are helpless because so many things they do are not fully developed yet.

Breathing as seen in an infant animal is not optimal (just as its running or hunting abilities are not optimal). Animals, just like humans, "learn" their breathing as they are learning their other skills. It is part of the whole package that comes along with those other skills.

Training a marathon runner (or fighter) how to breathe through his abs makes about as much sense as a mother lion teaching her cubs how to breath through their abs when they are hunting.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 03-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.

If he starts with breathing, he is the clueless one.
    The award for being clueless is well and truly yours, you demonstrate it with virtually every post and I am now bored. Congratulations you have made it onto my ignore list
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

The award for being clueless is well and truly yours, you demonstrate it with virtually every post and I am now bored. Congratulations you have made it onto my ignore list
    I accept your admission of defeat.