Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lower abs breathing in SLT

Ali,

Great!

In the yik kam SLT kuen kuit.

It is said:

Line 1: Collect the yee or intention, meeting with the Shen or awareness , in the equal shoulder stance .

Line 5: Union in the (low) dan dien , du medirian, sink.

THe nature lower abs Breathing utube is the basic kung Fa or process to practice these two lines. Without the kung Fa or process Reveal, one can spend a life time to guess what it is but still don't know and not sure what it is. In the ancient Chinese tradition, With Kung Fa, one right away identify the phenomenon, that is called enter the door, that is the begining of inner door student.

For healing there are those who just practice standing in the neutral stance and practice the natural lower abs breathing for hour and get good health improvement results.

For those who practice the six healing sounds healing , the standing in neutral stance and natural lower abs breathing practice are a must prerequisite . Only after one can handle these prerequisite with ease in loose, quiet , and natural Way, then one is taught the six healing sounds. Everything is simple stuffs, but needs to be proceed step by step and master every step.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    The Lower Dantian is regarded as the center of physical strength and source of stamina, which is consider to be a major storage area for all types of kidney energies, and is closely connected or linked to our prenatal energies and develops the foundation for all types of Yang energies in the body and Yin, Jing, Qi energies as well.

While developing the Lower Dantian and understanding its functions one will start to gather energy from the earth. The”Lower Dantian” is a part of the first level of Wei Qi (protective Qi) that circulates outside of the body’s tissue, and as the Lower Dantian develops through mental intervention/lower abs breathing, the protective Qi becomes stronger or thicker.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-11-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Smile I do/did agree with you on that

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Lower abs breathing makes about as much sense as knee breathing.
    I’d felt the same way before I took a two year collage course in ‘Medical Qigong Therapy’ and was blown away from what I’ve learned. But you’re right, it’s easier to dismiss it and move on, but I'd just loved the educational challenge it gave me as a young martial artist back then.

Take care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 03-11-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Ali,

Great to know you have the course!

IMO, there are lots of these stuffs of WCK 1850 can be bring back to today.

The following also show the ancient wcner do know what they are talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjKCj6d-p0

I’d felt the same way before I took a two year collage course in ‘Medical Qigong Therapy’ and was blown away from what I’ve learned. But you’re right, it’s easier to dismiss it and move on, but I'd just love the educational challenge it gave me as a young martial artist back then.

Take care,

For those who is interested,

The yik transform four drills are selected to aids or boosting the training of the WCK three sets into porper path as the ancient .

They also brought healing effect , since these four drills are taken from qigong healing classical which has long term practice tract records. Every drill will evoke natural lower abs breathing .

So, yik kam transform is an attemp to bring back the 1850 wck practice for those who is interested and also its healing ability beyond combat applications.

The release of the red boat era siu Lin tau kuen kuit is the step taken to reveal to the wcners that WCK has rich inheritance from the past. It is of all lineages from red boat WCK era, instead of any lineages superiority. A WCK inheritance ready to be used by any wcners any where in the planet any nationality any race. Every wcners own it.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-11-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Ali,

Bwahahahahahaah!

Did you even read the title of the clip........... now its out!!!!

"The Breathing Box- Gay Hendricks"

ps. i could watch that girl all day though

Ali,

What a laugh, note to you and the bloke in the clip unborn babies don't breath they receive oxygenated blood across the placenta from their mother, they are suspended in fluid and subject to movements induced by their mother's muscles, bowels, diaphragm etc. Some people will believe anything
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

For those who is interested,
    Blah snake engine ... Blah Yik Kam Tranny .... Blah watch me punch a yoga balll
    I think the two that are interested have left the building. Follow their lead.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

for those who is interested more on lower abs breathing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPwUFd1N9ck

I’d felt the same way before I took a two year collage course in ‘Medical Qigong Therapy’ and was blown away from what I’ve learned. But you’re right, it’s easier to dismiss it and move on, but I'd just loved the educational challenge it gave me as a young martial artist back then.

Take care,
    Do you even understand how human respiration works? Where do you think the air that is "breathed" goes? Do you think any of it goes into the "lower abdominals"? Do you even know what causes the air to be "taken in"?

Do you even understand how human respiration works? Where do you think the air that is "breathed" goes? Do you think any of it goes into the "lower abdominals"? Do you even know what causes the air to be "taken in"?
    LaRoux whilst I don't agree with Hendrick's views, abdominal breathing is real and natural - more natural than breathing into the chest, simply watch any new born and see how much their tummy moves relative to how much their chest moves. To answer your question yes I understand respiration and also breathing which FYI are two totally different things . Breathing is the act of drawing air into the lungs by the creation of a partial vacuum by diaphragm moving down and in most cases expanding the chest cavity. Abdominal breathing is simply the action of creating the same vacuum by emphasising the diaphragm movement rather than the chest. Typical chest based breathing uses only the upper third to two thirds of the lungs and whilst sufficient is inefficient. Abdominal breathing draws air downwards into the lower parts of the lungs causing the abdomen to distend as the diaphragm moves down displacing the contents of the abdominal cavity. It is not mystical and is used by many top atheletes including distance runners, sprinters and swimmers. FWIW respiration is the process of exchanging oxygen and co2 across the cell boundary to facilitate energy release
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

To answer your question I do understand.

And I understand the way you feel about this subject judging from your previous posting and I chose not to irritate you any further, and I have no contempt against you what so ever and I do not want that to happen here between us.

I can feel the energy within your posting which lets me know that it wouldn’t be a good idea to go there with you, please forgive me if I caused any problems.

Take care, friend.

Ali

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    LaRoux whilst I don't agree with Hendrick's views, abdominal breathing is real and natural - more natural than breathing into the chest, simply watch any new born and see how much their tummy moves relative to how much their chest moves. To answer your question yes I understand respiration and also breathing which FYI are two totally different things . Breathing is the act of drawing air into the lungs by the creation of a partial vacuum by diaphragm moving down and in most cases expanding the chest cavity. Abdominal breathing is simply the action of creating the same vacuum by emphasising the diaphragm movement rather than the chest. Typical chest based breathing uses only the upper third to two thirds of the lungs and whilst sufficient is inefficient. Abdominal breathing draws air downwards into the lower parts of the lungs causing the abdomen to distend as the diaphragm moves down displacing the contents of the abdominal cavity. It is not mystical and is used by many top atheletes including distance runners, sprinters and swimmers. FWIW respiration is the process of exchanging oxygen and co2 across the cell boundary to facilitate energy release
    There are two types of respiration- cellular respiration and physiological respiration. Physiological respiration is the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen between the environment and the body through the lungs. Technically, breathing is separate from each of these, but is required for both of them to occur.

Abdominal breathing is not natural, nor is chest breathing. Natural (and the most efficient breathing) is to use both the diaphram and the intercostal muscles. This is the type of breathing that endurnace athletes use. Also they don't have to having to "train" or "learn" how to do this.

The lower abdominal muscles have nothing to do with breathing.

There are two types of respiration- cellular respiration and physiological respiration. Physiological respiration is the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen between the environment and the body through the lungs. Technically, breathing is separate from each of these, but is required for both of them to occur.

Abdominal breathing is not natural, nor is chest breathing. Natural (and the most efficient breathing) is to use both the diaphram and the intercostal muscles. This is the type of breathing that endurnace athletes use. Also they don't have to having to "train" or "learn" how to do this.

The lower abdominal muscles have nothing to do with breathing.
    I like to do full body breathing , through the skin, what is that called ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    --------------------------------

Goldfinger would have known.

That is called embryo breathing for the Chinese . One gets into that state when the norse breathing stop.

In the Buddhist practice of anapanasati, one get into this state when enter into samadhi. This state is the state where body rest and rebuild.

This thing are not out of the reach, as soon as one has the process, one can enter into it. People do practice for healing purpose. thin ever get their via thinking and intellect

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.