Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleofantasy

Paleofantasy

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/10/pale...age_delusions/

Someone at my crossfit gym told me apropo of nothing that they are 100% paleo.

I said, "So you do you eat your own poop before or after you fuck your sister?"

Not, really, but I should.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i've used the lactose point and the point regarding how stone age peoples ate whatever the hell they could

hardcore crossfit people are their own special kind of crazy
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Does this mean I have to stop eating the hearts and livers of my victi......., er......I mean enemies?

Fanatics of any stripe are fanatics. Ergo, they have a defect of perspective fueled by their own fanaticism. C'est la vie.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The diet itself is not such a bad thing. The problem is the insane pseudoscientific nonsense used to justify it.

Nuts veggies and meat; whole foods no processed junk. Body builders have been on to that shit since who knows when. They just didn't disrespect the ever living shit out of a dozen different scientific disciplines trying to justify it, they just called it "eating clean". Now its just repackaged as another fucking lifestyle fad so soccer moms and beta male office workers can feel like they are bad ass hunter gatherers after narrowly avoiding a herniated disc from trying to power snatch 90lbs 150 times in 10 minutes.

Same as high intensity interval training, coaches having been doing it for decades, only without the cavalier attitude towards potentially career ending crippling injuries because they actually care about the well being of their athletes, cause you know, they play real sports and shit and don't give a fuck about who can work out the fastest.

I missed my chance

Twenty years ago I was reading something about the newest diet trend and told my wife-to-be that somebody should write The Paleolithic Cookbook. It would make millions.

<sigh>

"Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

everybody wanna be black, but nobody wanna be black.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

you is black but you don't be black
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    The diet itself is not such a bad thing. The problem is the insane pseudoscientific nonsense used to justify it.

Nuts veggies and meat; whole foods no processed junk. Body builders have been on to that shit since who knows when. They just didn't disrespect the ever living shit out of a dozen different scientific disciplines trying to justify it, they just called it "eating clean". Now its just repackaged as another fucking lifestyle fad so soccer moms and beta male office workers can feel like they are bad ass hunter gatherers after narrowly avoiding a herniated disc from trying to power snatch 90lbs 150 times in 10 minutes.

Same as high intensity interval training, coaches having been doing it for decades, only without the cavalier attitude towards potentially career ending crippling injuries because they actually care about the well being of their athletes, cause you know, they play real sports and shit and don't give a fuck about who can work out the fastest.
    All true.

As an aside and sort of part and parcel to this I find it curious that people think they can buy health and not work for it or purchase spiritual healing or even to think that this could be sold.

This world of today where everything is monetized and commercialized. It is losing sight of what matters. It is truly fascinating to watch.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    Twenty years ago I was reading something about the newest diet trend and told my wife-to-be that somebody should write The Paleolithic Cookbook. It would make millions.

<sigh>

Not really since you are not suppose to COOK your food in the Paleo-diet, So, you would be a charlatan teaching to cook what you are not suppose to be cooking in the first place!

On the otherhand, you would be a rich charlatan, and by then everyone else can just suck it!!!

i havent seen any crossfitters breaking open a bone to suck out the marrows. i do it all the time at KFC. i have the spirit of the caveman.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i havent seen any crossfitters breaking open a bone to suck out the marrows. i do it all the time at KFC. i have the spirit of the caveman.
    You are supposed to do that with Dinosaur bones though, not bird bones!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Not really since you are not suppose to COOK your food in the Paleo-diet, So, you would be a charlatan teaching to cook what you are not suppose to be cooking in the first place!

On the otherhand, you would be a rich charlatan, and by then everyone else can just suck it!!!
    Didn't know that. I've never actually read anything about the trend. Just knew that the title keeps popping up in media.

I was an anthropology major when I came up with the idea. Neanderthal-type people as well as modern types (with some inbetweens who were not clearly one or the other) in the last glacial max periods cooked at least some of their food. It gave them access to more calories. A lot of natives in my neck of the woods don't cook organ meat but they smoke and dry the brawn to preserve it.

I would like to be a rich charlatan at something. Then I would change my name and devote all my time to kung fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    If you mean the lifestyle fad, cooking is allowed.

If you are talking about our actual pleistocene ancestors, had you read the article you would have noticed the mention of recently discovered archeological evidence of mulled and cooked grains *gasp* carbohydrates *gasp* from 30,000 YA.

I was an anthropology major when I came up with the idea. Neanderthal-type people as well as modern types (with some inbetweens who were not clearly one or the other) in the last glacial max periods cooked at least some of their food. It gave them access to more calories. A lot of natives in my neck of the woods don't cook organ meat but they smoke and dry the brawn to preserve it.
    did u notice how once neanderthals were linked to europeans, they suddenly cleaned them all up and shaved them? lol

I would like to be a rich charlatan at something. Then I would change my name and devote all my time to kung fu.
    start the neanderthal diet. elephants and cro magnon children.