Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paleofantasy

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    what happens if a staff member tries to clear your place...
    they are all pakistanis. we smile, high five and hugs, then both stare coldly at white peoples together.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    they are all pakistanis. we smile, high five and hugs, then both stare coldly at white peoples together.
    Stare all you want, just make sure you get my order right!
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

i also never seen crossfitters eating dirt out of extreme hunger, or rats, insects, or animal eyes, brains, and intestines.

you know, paleo diet sounds a lot like cantonese cuisine.
    Lol. Not just Cantonese food either...

I'm not lactose intolerant. I feel like I am now at the top of the evolutionary chain!

Add for fanatics, how are paleo guys any different from tma guys mimicking bugs and animals? It's all neither here or there - it's just LARPing.

That being said, mark sisson at Mark's daily apple has his own take on paleo lifestyle. I actually like his take on fitness - lift heavy things, move slowly yet often and sprint every once in a while.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

The original fad diet. The low carb craze has definitely come full circle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigu_(avoiding_grains)

New Study

Sorry but I can't link the whole article, only summary. I don't have a Lancet account. And my Medscape account doesn't really give me much more than you have in the summary anyways.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...598-X/abstract

Just a note. I'm not sure about ancient Puebloans, but I do believe Peruvian culture mummified all remains, not just the elite. The article mentions this as one reason for sampling multiple cultures since that is a criticism of the Egyptian data. Although, if I remember right, a number of "low class" Egyptians get mummified as well unintentionally so I'm not sure that criticism itself is entirely accurate. Its been a while since I've had a world cultures course so....

As you can see there's an issue with the Unangan hunter-gatherer mummies (p=NS). But they had practically no sample size for that group (nor for the Puebloans for that matter, which sorta renders their mummification practices rather irrelevant in the end).

Anyways, its by no means conclusive to the result. But it does jive with some of the newer studies on AS and inflammation as opposed to strictly diet.
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 03-20-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In the old days people ate whatever they could get their teeth on, period.
    I am sure there are many places on this planet that would get a kick out of hearing that people here have the LUXURY to view some food as "Bad".
    LMAO !
    In some places they kill your ass twice for a bag of chips !

"Oh, I'd never eat white bread..."
    You'd eat the whole bag including wrapper if you hadn't eaten in 3 days and weren't sure when you'd eat again !

Gotta love western society.
    Its amazing what you find in remains at archaeology sites. A botanist I know always laughs at people with the mentality you mention above. He did some forensics work at some of the sites around here. Over winter people were eating tree bark...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Sorry but I can't link the whole article, only summary. I don't have a Lancet account. And my Medscape account doesn't really give me much more than you have in the summary anyways.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...598-X/abstract
    Article that connects the two.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...y-paleo-dream/

Debunking the paleo diet: Christina Warinner at TEDxOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BMOjVYgYaG8

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Debunking the paleo diet: Christina Warinner at TEDxOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BMOjVYgYaG8
    Nice presentation.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity