Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paleofantasy

Romanticization is a delusion. Romanticization of a lifestyle that never existed in the first place is a delusion of a delusion.

The only difference between Paleo/Primal lifestyle proponents and delusional limp wristed panty waist internal energy fantasists is the eating disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    start the neanderthal diet. elephants and cro magnon children.
    Don't forget the poop.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Don't forget the poop.
    i watched on natgeo neanderthals might have raped h0mosapien women, then ate them. the ones left alive as "pets" account for our neaderthal genes.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, birds evolved from dinos, so...
    nice. u so smrat.

i also never seen crossfitters eating dirt out of extreme hunger, or rats, insects, or animal eyes, brains, and intestines.

you know, paleo diet sounds a lot like cantonese cuisine.

[QUOTE=bawang;1217855]did u notice how once neanderthals were linked to europeans, they suddenly cleaned them all up and shaved them? lolQUOTE]

I thought they were always linked to Europe and the Levant.

Oh, I see what you mean. Genetic evidence to show they are actually related to moder eurasians. Yep, I did notice that the old hairy man-ape hybrid image is gone.

I liked John Leong being cast as the neanderthaloid in the Ice Man movie. Almost no body hair at all.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    If you mean the lifestyle fad, cooking is allowed.
    Then the fadests have wussed out over the years! I have been aware pf the paleo diet for over 5 years or so, originally there was no cooking of food.

Raw meats, nuts, berrys, and some veggies. No grains or potatoes.

Aww the good old days, when fads stayed the way they originally were and you didn't have to mess with all this new fangled fire and cooking fad.

I predict this fire and cooking fad will pass with the diplodocus!

well, birds evolved from dinos, so...
    Yeah, but a real man like bawang should be eating the marrow from a bone bigger than he is!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ... ... ... and it certainly favors athletic types, at least in it's unmodified form (if u tweaked the duration / intensity of the program it could be could for a wider range of people); the "pushing yourself beyond the limit" background noise also is not realistic for most people;

well, it is accessible to everyone...true, what we mostly see are the rabid types. but, at least at the box i went to, there was a big emphasis on the scalability to reach all types of folks. imo, anyone (barring the extremely obese) could start a crossfit program.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i havent seen any crossfitters breaking open a bone to suck out the marrows. i do it all the time at KFC. i have the spirit of the caveman.
    I actually just made some marrow soup.

Of course, I boiled the bones in a crock pot for 36 hours. I don't think cavemen had crockpots.

I'm a poser.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

If you eat more natural stuff and less fast food and processed stuff you will probably be healthier.

But if you just say that, people will say "ok" and then keep going.

But if you package it up as the "paleo diet" suddenly you have something you can sell.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

In the old days people ate whatever they could get their teeth on, period.
    I am sure there are many places on this planet that would get a kick out of hearing that people here have the LUXURY to view some food as "Bad".
    LMAO !
    In some places they kill your ass twice for a bag of chips !

"Oh, I'd never eat white bread..."
    You'd eat the whole bag including wrapper if you hadn't eaten in 3 days and weren't sure when you'd eat again !

Gotta love western society.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

[QUOTE=sanjuro_ronin;1217956]In the old days people ate whatever they could get their teeth on, period.QUOTE]

That is the basis for my new The Pleistocene Diet, soon to be available for $49.98 +s&h. Here's the essential info (without the extra 290 pages of filler) for KFM Forum members only: Eat as much high quality protein as you can for four days, then eat only what you can find in your yard for the next four weeks.

I guarantee you will lose fat and gain endurance from trying to chase down the neighbors' cat.

"Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Can I get some Kuru on the side with that?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I am sure there are many places on this planet that would get a kick out of hearing that people here have the LUXURY to view some food as "Bad".
    Of course there were foods viewed as bad. There are plenty of foods that are poisonous. Didn't you see Blue Lagoon?

Then again, I can't quite reconcile the poop eating.

In all seriousness, there was a cultural shift with food following WWII. It's like that joke: Q: What was organic farming called before WWII? A: Farming. Thanks to our technological and chemical advancements and our economic drive for cheap meat, there have been countless violations to our foods. Ironically, it's that very love of luxury that has poisoned our system.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I call it the Australopithecus Diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psx2I8hY_c

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I actually just made some marrow soup.

Of course, I boiled the bones in a crock pot for 36 hours. I don't think cavemen had crockpots.

I'm a poser.
    when I eat at KFC, my ferociousness scares white people. I growl and make angry face.