Thread: Dit Da Jow + Other Internal & External Concoctions

Dit Da Jow + Other Internal & External Concoctions

Hi all,

I have recently been looking at getting herb packs for Dit Da Jow. Here in the UK its very difficult to fill any of the available formulas written on the internet or in books. Many herbs are not available here.

I was wondering if the TCM pros could help a bit here.

Is it as simple as looking up the ingredients of a Dit Da Jow formula in a materia medica and finding alternative ingredients that you can source?

also does anyone know of a materia medica which has chinese herbs & western equivalents

Have seen josh's but not sure if that has the western equivalent herbs (not just names)

if not

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK i can obtain herb packs? as for instance looking at dale or josh's website, while they are worth every penny. as soon as you add shipping to the uk (normally $45+) and then add the cost of the alcohol here in the uk (usually needing about $100 (£60) worth . it gets costly!!

Have any of the USA based (josh + Dale and others) considered supplying UK in a vast quantity, or considered having a reseller here?

thanks guys
    Last edited by ab12; 03-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.

The Best Dit Da Jow Formula

A great source of Authentic Dit Da Jow and Iron Palm herb kits, is at
    eastmeetswest.com, I believe they ship all over. They alsosell internal Dit Da Jow which is pretty cool.

I heard there are different kinds of Dit Da Jow depending on what you need. Is there a standard Dit Da Jow for the injures fighters usually have, or is there a specific kind for each kind of injury, for example dislocated shoulder?
    向雷锋学习!~

“人生根本不存在极限,但是却存在着停滞期。你不能在这个阶段停留,要跨越它。如果你跨越不了它,就会被它 彻底摧毁。” - 《李小龙》

“保持空灵之心,无形,无法,就像水一样。水倒入杯中就成了杯子的形状,倒入瓶中就成为瓶子的形状,倒入茶 壶中就成为茶壶的形状。而水能载舟亦能覆舟。像水一样吧,我的朋友。” - 《李小龙》

Quote Originally Posted by ab12 View Post
    Hi all,

I have recently been looking at getting herb packs for Dit Da Jow. Here in the UK its very difficult to fill any of the available formulas written on the internet or in books. Many herbs are not available here.

I was wondering if the TCM pros could help a bit here.

Is it as simple as looking up the ingredients of a Dit Da Jow formula in a materia medica and finding alternative ingredients that you can source?

also does anyone know of a materia medica which has chinese herbs & western equivalents

Have seen josh's but not sure if that has the western equivalent herbs (not just names)

if not

Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK i can obtain herb packs? as for instance looking at dale or josh's website, while they are worth every penny. as soon as you add shipping to the uk (normally $45+) and then add the cost of the alcohol here in the uk (usually needing about $100 (£60) worth . it gets costly!!

Have any of the USA based (josh + Dale and others) considered supplying UK in a vast quantity, or considered having a reseller here?

thanks guys
    What kind of alcohol are you using, jeez.

Herbs and pricing

If you take what other sellers charge for a 2 ounce bottle of jow, usually 10-18.00 do some simple math to see how these sellers are ripping you off.

128 ounces in a gallon. That means you need to purchase 64 two ounce bottles to have a gallon of a specific formula.

64x15.00 = 964.00 which is HUGE money. This does not even include shipping.

I gave up selling anything other than 8 ounce bottles so for a gallon of dit da jow that would be 16x40.00=640.00 for the same gallon if you bought individual bottles, again minus shipping fees.

I sell gallons of premade Dit Da Jow formulations for Iron Palm or Injuries for 199.00 which includes shipping within the USA. I make official school liniments and do not sell formulas as most other suppliers out there. Unfortunatley I cannot ship premade gallons internationally. The shipping fees would be astronomical as the container in its heavy duty Hazmat cardboard shipping container weighs 10 pounds.

Now compare the cost of buying premade over what you would have to spend with me and what I offer. The cost of the herbs from me averages from 45-108.00 to make one-3 gallon formulas of most of the well known and closed door formulas on the open market.

So it would be 45-108.00 + 45.00(shipping)+ 100.00(booze)= average of $200.00 to 300.00 or slightly more to make a gallon or more, again depending on the formula you purchase from me.

This is still INCREDIBLY less than if you bought single bottles to come up with a gallon from myself or other suppliers.

It is still cheaper to buy herbs from me and make your own.

Remember you can make 3 gallons and then sell 8 ounce bottles for 30.00 to 40.00 a bottle to your students or friends, patients and not only recoup your initial investment, you can make some money selling strong medicine, not some of the watered down commercial jow you see on the market.

Let me know how I can be of service. I will always beat other suppliers prices. I also get better deals on herbs as I am a licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist. Some companies do not sell their high quality herbs to unlicensed people.

so Caveat Emptor but remember I am here to be of service to those seeking great formulas for the best prices.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 04-11-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by ab12 View Post
    Have we spoken on the phone already? I used to supply a few stores and schools in the UK, but its much better for everyone involved to just buy 10 or 20 herb packs at a time and make them up yourself. More cost effective all the way around. Shipping 100 bottles overseas is just a ridiculous mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I will always beat other suppliers prices.
    I almost never choose to beat other suppliers prices. Neither does Porsche or Ferrari...

Josh,

Let's be honest.

You are not what you claim you are.

Does not matter what you charge as you are misleading people into thinking you are something that you most definitely not.

I have heard from many people that they assumed you were a licensed herbalist from all the advice you gave them on various herbs and internal formulas.

My advice would be to stop pretending to be a licensed herbalist and stop giving out medical advice.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 04-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.

And just what do you think I claim to be??

I never claimed, here or anywhere else, to have any kind of licensure in any kind of medical field. I never claimed to practice any kind of medicine, provide diagnosis or give medical recommendations. Period. And I definitely have no desire to. Ive never misled anyone into thinking otherwise, nor do I have any reason to. Im proud of the fact that I didnt have to get a degree in TCM to build what I have. Its a selling point, in fact.

Maybe I should have expected this from a competitor after the Porsche jab...But I didnt expect it from someone that I used to have long friendly conversations with over the phone in years past. Maybe you should have contacted me about something if you had an issue with it or if something seemed awry. But whatever; its much easier to draw convenient conclusions. You ever want to clear **** up, you know how to get a hold of me...

Josh,

We did have many discussions in the past. I helped you find closed door training in Jook Lum, I answered your questions on herbs and their uses. I gave you way more information and sources and help than anything you ever gave me.

My advice to you, is to be very careful as you live in a state now where licensed acupuncturists and board certified herbalists are licensed as primary care physicians.

Being unlicensed could lead to a serious problem for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    We did have many discussions in the past. I helped you find closed door training in Jook Lum, I answered your questions on herbs and their uses. I gave you way more information and sources and help than anything you ever gave me.

My advice to you, is to be very careful as you live in a state now where licensed acupuncturists and board certified herbalists are licensed as primary care physicians.

Being unlicensed could lead to a serious problem for you.
    Dale,

I always find it intriguing how people recall situations when they reflect on them in years past, and the conclusions they come to based on an incomplete picture. Nobody knows better than our own self all the details of how situations unfold...I have a different recollection of some of those items:

- No doubt we talked about Jook Lum and other martial arts--but my journey into training that art had absolutely nothing to do with you. And even if it had, its not really relevant.

- Probably 95% of our past conversations had absolutely nothing to do with herbs. Of all our talk over the years, herbs were by far the least frequent topic. I had in-person resources that I was doing in-depth work with, it would have made no sense to contact you regarding those things. I would venture to say that at least 75% of our conversations were regarding your disapproval of other suppliers. Makes me wonder now what you said about me when you were on the phone with others...

- You gave me information and sources that you knew could be easily found publicly on google, so that you looked like the good Samaritan: Herb grinders at a better price than those at Mayway. Cordyceps wholesalers in Hawaii, links to hot threads on forums, etc etc. I recall the herb grinder link vividly because that was probably the only significantly useful info I got from you. I still use that grinder, it kicks ass. Theres nothing to prove here, I certainly dont mind givin you props for that link. But I suppose you forgot about the time in January 2009 that your hard drive crashed and you contacted me to send all that stuff right back to you...

Look Dale, I still dont know what you think the whole picture is, but Ive never crossed any lines regarding medical advice. I state it clearly on the website that I dont give it, and I make it a point to respond to emails and phone calls with that in mind. Frankly, Id wager many people would be livid at these accusations. But Im more than a bit aware of how the human brain works...So, like I said before, you want to clear up any misconceptions, you know how to reach me. Otherwise, I imagine our correspondence is officially closed.
    Last edited by PlumDragon; 04-12-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Is there a jow out there that's made that you apply on before training to prevent bruising during training that tough the skin and bones?
    Last edited by dcrjradmonish; 04-14-2013 at 03:45 AM.

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish

I have always purchased my supplies from Plum Dragon and will continue to do so. The most knowledgeable individuals I have known in the fields of acupuncture and herbalism were unlicensed individuals. And seeing the level to which Josh's iron palm has evolved, I have little doubt about his personal expertise in iron palm medicines.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Most how's I've seen don't tough bones or skin. Many systems use how before and after training to help the body heal faster or prevent serious injury. There are iron body formulas but they are used to help rectify the qi.

Chinese Herbs + Dit Da Jow Uk

Hi I saw this thread a bit back and just thought I'd post this info if anyone in the Uk was interested;

Chinese Herbs + Dit Da Jow

Zi Ran Tong / Gee Yin Tong. £1 per oz.

Kuan Jin Teng / Foon Gan Tong. £1 per oz.

Xue Jie / Huet Git. ‘Dragon’s Blood’. £4 per oz.

All three are illegal in the Uk. They aren't animal parts or anything, just herbs, resin / minerals.

These three Chinese herbs are not available in the Uk as they've been banned. No herbal supplier will sell them in the Uk unless you maybe found some backstreet guy who you knew etc who had some in or whatever but it would be illegal all the same.

Xue Jie / Huet Git / ‘Dragon’s Blood’ is used as part of the base herbs in many jow formulas. However this herb is the most expensive and its price has been increasing for a few years.

Dit Da Jow

I have four made up batches of a 21 different herb Dit Da Jow formula from Sifu Frank Yee (of Hung Gar if you didn’t know and a highly skilled Sifu is what I heard from a few people who are longer term Sifus and herbalists themselves). One of the longer term Sifus also said that this was also a good formula. The four separate batches contain the solvents vodka, gin, sake and Chinese rice wine vinegar. Some of these have been brewing for over 4 years. I went to great lengths to get all of the ingredients and this formula contains the three named ingredients above. There are also two other ingredients on the formula which I have been told have since become illegal in the Uk and are likely to have the same conditions as the three above. £10 per 100ml bottle. The bottles are the amber glass type. All of the ingredients were cut and also ground using a mortar and pestle and the batches stored in a cool and dark place.

I could also include some other Dit Da Jow formulas I have including ones by Wong Kiew Kit and Brian Grey as well as one or two others.

Any shipping would be done as cheaply as possible and at cost with protection.
    Last edited by Martialphoto; 05-09-2013 at 11:06 AM.