Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

NK... I just read a little tale about the NK soldier who defected because of the nail clippers epiphany?

He thought that if NK couldn't make as good a pair of nail clippers as America, how could they possibly meet them in weaponry. So, NK may as well be throwing potatoes at the guard towers from the long and short of it. (Even though anyone is ill advised and in bad form to underestimate an enemy who sings songs of your death)

Anyway I find it interesting that you don't find a deliberately targeted ethnicity regarded as a threat in fictional telling isn't regarded as racist. Not to mention, why are the heroes all white kids with one black kid who used to be a white kid in the original?

To be fair, I do regard Hollywood as a bastion of institutionalized racism in many respects.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I haven't seen it, so I can't make a judgement, but I loved the original. There is a similar movie set in Australia called "Tomorrow When the War Began" that handled the idea of a Chinese invasion really well. They did it by just not defining the enemy. You'd have to see it, but IMO, they did it well.

I don't think it's racist. I do find it to be propaganda though.

TV and movies are getting very unhealthy. It was bad enough when it just kept you from being productive, but now it's getting out of control. People stay home tand watch others live their lives and do their work rather than live their own lives and do their own work. Yeah sure it's cool to see other cultures and other jobs, but you can nail off a handful of em in one episode. All this drawn out fake drama crap is unhealthy.

So there are a few sitcoms I watch when I just don't wanna do anything. They are on demand, so I can watch on my terms which is cool, but they still have a few commercials and ads for other shows on the network. I saw four ads for four shows and I thought they were all the same show. They were all on some "homeland" vibe. This stuff is unhealthy. It's one thing if you just watch one show and that's that, but much of the audience are chronic tv watchers. That stuff doesn't help with the whole gun nut with the arsenal in the basement thing and the conspiracy tools that think everyone is out to take their stuff.

Most countries, including (or especially) the U.S. are afraid of antagonizing China, and it's all to do with economics. IMO, if there were a complete takeover, it will be economic as opposed to militarily. It's already been happening for quite some time, anyway.

OTOH, let's be honest here. Most Westerners can't tell the difference between Asian people. Whether it's Chinese, Japanese, Korean (north or south), Vietnamese, Thai, etc., etc. Like many couldn't differentiate between Indian Sikhs, Hindus, and the Taliban after 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Anyway I find it interesting that you don't find a deliberately targeted ethnicity regarded as a threat in fictional telling isn't regarded as racist. Not to mention, why are the heroes all white kids with one black kid who used to be a white kid in the original?

To be fair, I do regard Hollywood as a bastion of institutionalized racism in many respects.
    Haha, the got themselves a token huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    That stuff doesn't help with the whole gun nut with the arsenal in the basement thing and the conspiracy tools that think everyone is out to take their stuff.
    LOL - we practice martial arts!

lol... You may have an arsenal but I don't. I learned because I was actually fighting. Then I grew up a lil and stopped fighting but still found it to be a good way to stay in shape. But even for those who immerse themselves in it, it's not the same as having a 50 cal mount on your H2 with 200 years worth of ammo in your cellar.

I do have some weapons, but I don't have an exotic collection or anything.
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-14-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Seriously - we spend a lot of time practicing for a fight that's most likely never going to happen, and then we get online and argue about who's got the best training methods.

LOL - we're not exactly that much of a better crowd than the doomsday preppers.

lol... You may have an arsenal but I don't. I learned because I was actually fighting. Then I grew up a lil and stopped fighting but still found it to be a good way to stay in shape. But even for those who immerse themselves in it, it's not the same as having a 50 cal mount on your H2 with 200 years worth of ammo in your cellar.
    who told you 'bout my gunz and food?!?!?!?! Now I'm going to have to kill You!

it was Lucas wasn't it?!?!?! D@mn you Lucas!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Seriously - we spend a lot of time practicing for a fight that's most likely never going to happen, and then we get online and argue about who's got the best training methods.

LOL - we're not exactly that much of a better crowd than the doomsday preppers.
    I don't really engage in those discussions. I have no interest.

BTW, doomsday preppers, another horrible reality show. They have a real houswives of vancouver now. WTF, right? Is it just me? This stuff is nuts right?

Who else really would have the resources to invade America? It wasn't racist, it was trying to be realistic. Then they pu$$ied out and had it be N. Korea. I mean really... N. Korea - that's a week long battle at best for the good ol' USA. Especially if we're smart and just decide to glass them and get it over with quickly.
    The only ones who ever invaded America were the British. They burnt down the white house and went back up to the colony after waiting around to no response because the American army was in Baltimore on a Goose chase or something.

besides some lamo imperial japanese balloons and mini subs, in the 20th century, with 2 major world wars, there has been NO land invasion of North America. Hence, it's absurd to hypothesize. Besides, the country is too big. Even the Chinese couldn't get enough boots on the ground to take over North America.

You ever hear of the "Scallywags"? (British civs trained to be terrorist commandos in teh event the Nazis landed.)

well, in America, don't you think that would be a distinct reality? Every Tom, jimmy and Bufus would be loaded for bear standing on the shore waiting for the boat for pete's sake.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

who told you 'bout my gunz and food?!?!?!?! Now I'm going to have to kill You!

it was Lucas wasn't it?!?!?! D@mn you Lucas!
    I made a secret tunnel to your shelter. Lucas did most of the planning. If it comes down to it we're gonna make you share!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The only ones who ever invaded America were the British. They burnt down the white house and went back up to the colony after waiting around to no response because the American army was in Baltimore on a Goose chase or something.

besides some lamo imperial japanese balloons and mini subs, in the 20th century, with 2 major world wars, there has been NO land invasion of North America. Hence, it's absurd to hypothesize. Besides, the country is too big. Even the Chinese couldn't get enough boots on the ground to take over North America.

You ever hear of the "Scallywags"? (British civs trained to be terrorist commandos in teh event the Nazis landed.)

well, in America, don't you think that would be a distinct reality? Every Tom, jimmy and Bufus would be loaded for bear standing on the shore waiting for the boat for pete's sake.

My grampa told me some pretty crazy stories of chasing japanese off the west coast of BC. They set a bunch of fires and stuff.

My grampa told me some pretty crazy stories of chasing japanese off the west coast of BC. They set a bunch of fires and stuff.
    Yeah...Canada has a crappy record there too. We essentially interred all Japanese citizens in camps until the end of the war. Same down south.

this was because it was Japanese journalists or something that set up the information and data gathering for the imperial fleet to find and bombard Pearl Harbour at the right time.

the small saving grace was they ('Murica!!) had one admiral who was a bit of a demi-god and he took his fleet out of port before they showed up and bombed the battle groups.

the Carriers and support had already sailed. If they had stayed and been lost as well, who knows what might have been different in the pacific. the Americans might of have to had bought the French Fleet from the British who scuppered it so the Germans would't get it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There's a McDonalds virtually anywhere in the world. That in itself shows that there's no longer going to be good old world wars. It's all economics and corporations now, and with the exception of China, economics and corporations aren't really nationalistic. They're equal opportunity oppressors.