Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wing chun kuen What happen in 1855

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Garret Gee didn't even know any wng chun, his father taught another style, he was trying to learn wing chun from the locals, then all the sudden he started claiming he was wing chun , you can't believe anything you read these days.
    Touch hands with the man. Then tell me what is what. I want to see that. Better yet, touch hands with one of senior students who don't know WC either. I am now convinced you are a dope also.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    Touch hands with the man. Then tell me what is what. I want to see that. Better yet, touch hands with one of senior students who don't know WC either. I am now convinced you are a dope also.
    I knew a guy over 25 years ago, that was teaching everybody in his class, because they did not know anything, and this guy knew hardly anything himself.

I know other people who actually knew him personally so.

I think your smoking dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I knew a guy over 25 years ago, that was teaching everybody in his class, because they did not know anything, and this guy knew hardly anything himself.

I know other people who actually knew him personally so.

I think your smoking dope.
    Your attempted humor does little to deflect the fact you also know not of which you speak.

So if you don't think Master Gee knows Wing Chun go visit. Its that simple.

I'm sure he will be open to your visit unlike your hero Hendrick who cannot perform any WC skill.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

This whole thread is a waste, I'm sorry I even gave these clowns (Hendik & Roberthood) any of my time at all.

I think KentChang summed Hendrik's 'theories' up best here:

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    I have been fellowing Hendrik's silly posts for sometime. He behave as if he is some kind of wing chun authority. His claim that Yik Kam is the original WC is ridiculous. In 1850 Wong Wa Bo, Leung Yi Tai and Dai Fa Min Kam were senior red boat opera members taugh 3 WC forms SNT, CK and BJ. Yik Kam was merry an unknown junior member at that time and only has 1 long form of omie exercise SLT. The story of Yik Kam 's SLT (little exercise) is full of contradiction. Hendrik's disguising Hong Kong snake and crane WC school which also has three forms as Yik Kam's SLT. That makes no sense at all. Even Bruce Lee having learned some WC from Yip Man was inspired to develop JKD. Hendrik, you should not be so arrogant to call Yik Kam mixture of omie, white crane as the original WC. Your ridiculous claims make no sense and have absolutely no historical substantiation. As the matter of fact, Yik Kam's SLT is much like a version of 1850's JKD instead of the original WC.
    So long
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T England View Post
    Hendrik, how does Pao Fai Lien wing chun fit in with your history research?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Pao Fa lien technologically is following the 1850 siu Lin tau core and snake body crance limbs practice . With its own variation.

So, IMHO, PFL wc is also a product of 1855 fut Shan WCK belong to a segment of WCK such as snake crane wc which also involve the triad uprising activity.
    CONCEPTS AND PRINCIPLES
    Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun uses the tao(spit), tun(swallow), fao(rise), and chum(sink) body structure. The art is embodied in the eight principles of tui(push), mo(touch), tong(press), dong(swing), chi(stick), na(adhere), lien(continue), and jui(follow). The first 4 deal with contacting and redirecting the opponents limb and body. The last 4 cover the establishment and maintenance of such contact.

Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun Kuen (Paohua Lian Yongchunquan) was supposedly named by Chu Chong and his student, Mok Poi On, in honor of Lao Dat Sang (whose nickname was Pao Fa Lien), when he resumed his teaching in Macao and wanted to distinguish his methods from those of other teachers who had become prominent. In an alternate account, the system was based down by Lee Wing who combined Wing Chun Kuen with Hung Kuen and Tai Gik Kuen (taijiquan).

looks like they have some of the 12 key words from Yuen Kay San wc
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 03-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Great summary!

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    CONCEPTS AND PRINCIPLES
    Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun uses the tao(spit), tun(swallow), fao(rise), and chum(sink) body structure. The art is embodied in the eight principles of tui(push), mo(touch), tong(press), dong(swing), chi(stick), na(adhere), lien(continue), and jui(follow). The first 4 deal with contacting and redirecting the opponents limb and body. The last 4 cover the establishment and maintenance of such contact.

Pao Fa Lien Wing Chun Kuen (Paohua Lian Yongchunquan) was supposedly named by Chu Chong and his student, Mok Poi On, in honor of Lao Dat Sang (whose nickname was Pao Fa Lien), when he resumed his teaching in Macao and wanted to distinguish his methods from those of other teachers who had become prominent. In an alternate account, the system was based down by Lee Wing who combined Wing Chun Kuen with Hung Kuen and Tai Gik Kuen (taijiquan).

looks like they have some of the 12 key words from Yuen Kay San wc

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great summary!
    Commonly known information in which I’ve read back some time ago, via WingChunPedia.org & Wikipedia, and almost the exact same writing and word arrangement.

Thanks for the research.

Ali

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    Your attempted humor does little to deflect the fact you also know not of which you speak.

So if you don't think Master Gee knows Wing Chun go visit. Its that simple.

I'm sure he will be open to your visit unlike your hero Hendrick who cannot perform any WC skill.
    I didn't say he didn't know something, I was referring to the article, he just learned bits and pieces here and there in S.F., not inheriting some secret wc lineage.

Some people are just so gullible .

No , humor just facts.
    Last edited by Robinhood; 03-14-2013 at 10:03 AM.