Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Philipp Bayer Ving Tsun (explained?)

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Really. The only thing you posted that I had a slight reservation about was the way you described the Biu Tse form. I would agree with that in part, but for us the form has many functions and the 'cutting one's losses' would be just one. Though this is probably true for you too - so I didn't say anything.
    I agree. Bil Ji contains fighting applications in and of themselves as well as co called emergency techniques. Per my teacher, [but the analogy is mine] SLT and CK are like playing classical music. BJ is like playing jazz.
    Last edited by trubblman; 03-14-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    If you want to visit instructors who can teach you how to fight, visit people like Alan Orr or Phil Redmond who are actually producing fighters.
    Oooooooh !! That hurt ; )

Wink

If you want to visit instructors who can teach you how to fight, visit people like Alan Orr or Phil Redmond who are actually producing fighters.
    You mean all I have to do know how to fight with Wing chun is to learn from a particular teacher?

Think you have to add Leo Au Yeung to that list also...

You can add Philipp Bayer to the list, as well.

6. Quote Originally Posted by trubblman View Post
    I agree. Bil Ji contains fighting applications in and of themselves as well as co called emergency techniques. Per my teacher, [but the analogy is mine] SLT and CK are like playing classical music. BJ is like playing jazz.
    http://poulperadieux.com/2011/11/07/...harlie-parker/

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer7 View Post
    I actually trained for a short while with a PB student, a guy named Desmond Spencer. He was really good, however I left after a short while to train with Leo Au Yeung. Found the system under Leo had better use or energy, movement and power. Prior to Training with Spencer I was with Niņo Bernardo linage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    You can add Philipp Bayer to the list, as well.
    Both phil and Alan have clips posted here of their fighters in action which is probably why they were mentioned. Can you link to PBs guys fighting (MMA or Sanda) for us to compare and see the style in action?

Are their clips of his guys in full contact action is Sanda or MMA??

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Are their clips of his guys in full contact action is Sanda or MMA??
    You can see him here in Thailand sparring, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbi3mMA7LkU

You can see him here in Thailand sparring, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbi3mMA7LkU
    a nice clip of him training, any clips of his guys fighting in Thai or Sanda though?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Interesting....
    Can you be more specific? In what way was it better? What difference in movement and power?
    Sure, I not trying to be disrespectful at all. At the time I had seen nothing better than the PB approach, in terms of hand speed and technique.

However I was drawn to Leo Au Yeung, at the time I was already an experienced WCner and when I met Leo he was able to move me around with great power. This power did not come from physical strength as I was bigger and stronger than him, it came from the way he used his lower body and core, similar to more traditional Chinese martial arts I had seen (I have trained in China with some of the older arts). This made me want to learn this approach.

He has soft hands are like most Ip Chun students, but the difference was in his power and movement. His linage explains this, he learnt the system under Ip Chun in Hong Kong and inorder to go deeper into Wing Chun he learnt from Sifu Sin Kwok Lam, that where he learnt more about movement and generating power from the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    a nice clip of him training, any clips of his guys fighting in Thai or Sanda though?
    At the end, there is sparring no?

At the end, there is sparring no?
    Maybe im looking at the wrong clip, at about 2.45m mark there is some light sparring betwee the gentleman in question (i believe) and his trainer, the last minute or so is him talking with his students in the back ground drilling that is not the same as a clip of students he has produced fighting full contact in events

Im not having a go or being awkward but you said he should be added to the same list as Alan Orr and Phil Redmond when it comes to training students who can fight...both those gentleman have posted clips of their guys in full contact events against students of other schools so thats the yardstick used to judge i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    I know Leo, (and some of his previous instructors).....we go way back

I have also trained with Desmond... Hence my surprise.
    People change and improve

This is not a knock on Desmond, I only trained with him for a month. I thought he was excellent and recommend people to train with him all the. The guy has great hand speed and a real zest for teaching.