Thread: Fast Hand Wrestling

Blog Entries

Fast Hand Wrestling

Sometime people asked me what is "fast hand wrestling". Here is a small clip that can explain quite clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPj__...ature=youtu.be

- You try to grab your opponent without letting your opponent to grab you.
    - After you have obtained a grip on your opponent and when your opponent doesn't have a grip on you yet, you attack.
    - If your opponent already obtains his grips on you, you break both of his grips and then attack.
    - The "single leg" used in the SC sport is quite different from the one used in wrestling.
    - You pull before you push.
    - When you feel that you may lose your balance, instead of landing on top of your opponent, you jump and roll over his body. This make the SC sport to be much safter to play, less one body drops on top another body.

Also the SC "flavor" is quite different from both wrestling and Judo. I assume because it's a pure stand up grappling art.

Any comment?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

I've found that fast hand wrestling comes more into play with us because we've been doing no gi judo. We have a guy that used to wrestle in the 130lbs range that uses it very well. You can't grip the guy because he's always moving his hands and he's very good at attacking as soon as he gets a grip.

Fast wrestling. I like it! Reminds of some of things my first teacher did. My first introduction to the arm drag was made by believe it or not my kung fu teacher. When he does it, he uses kung fu principles like the heavy hand, touch-go, and if he could press on the nerve above the elbow joint.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    no gi judo.
    It can be seen more in the no-gi environment because it's hard to "dance". When your opponent tries to get you a head lock, your under hook can take him down right at that moment. Your opponent's contact point will become your contact point.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument