Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Application Observation

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    For us, we frequently use forearm contact and guiding to serve the same purpose as mantis hook. Especially when we have gloves. And also when we want to close in tight.

This is using the theory but favoring our preference for working a closer range than shown literally in the classical methods.
    Mantis has kao da, but many don't seem to integrate that.

So you see staying on the outside and patty cake like MightyB describes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    no gi judo?

I am not familiar with this sport. But yes, it would follow that joint locking would be handy in such an instance where there is no textile to grab and lurch.

keep your fingernails and hair short! (for anything no gi)
    It's called wrestling in the rest of the free world.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    ROTFL - too true! But we wear cooler pants!

Oh really. So then Judo is wrestling is it?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yep its jacket wrestling like sumo why the roll eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    yep its jacket wrestling like sumo why the roll eyes?
    Oh it's "jacket wrestling" now is it? lol

wtf guys.

"no gi judo" = something that Mighty B made up and has stated as much here in this thread.

"Jacket wrestling"....crikey... The things people say for whatever reasons.

how do you think the traditional British Jacket wrestlers are gonna think about getting told that what they do is Judo and vice versa?

The obstinate attitude is hilarious by the way.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 03-18-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Judo is Judo.

BJJ is BJJ.

Sambo is Sambo.

SC is SC.

But grappling of any form without a Gi is called wrestling.

Got it?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Judo is Judo.

BJJ is BJJ.

Sambo is Sambo.

SC is SC.

But grappling of any form without a Gi is called wrestling.

Got it?
    lol. Oh yes, I had it when you were still a twinkle in your dads eyes. But hey, way to be all fronting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol. Oh yes, I had it when you were still a twinkle in your dads eyes. But hey, way to be all fronting.
    and they still let you be a moderator?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Oh it's "jacket wrestling" now is it? lol

wtf guys.

"no gi judo" = something that Mighty B made up and has stated as much here in this thread.

"Jacket wrestling"....crikey... The things people say for whatever reasons.

how do you think the traditional British Jacket wrestlers are gonna think about getting told that what they do is Judo and vice versa?

The obstinate attitude is hilarious by the way.
    its all grappling, weel to be clearer its all wrestling with or without jackets, Cornish jacket wrestling, sambo what ever

And your attitude is equally as funny, for someone who only has a single training partner and has never done anything remotely noteworthy you don’t half try to act impotent, i mean important

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    its all grappling, weel to be clearer its all wrestling with or without jackets, Cornish jacket wrestling, sambo what ever

And your attitude is equally as funny, for someone who only has a single training partner and has never done anything remotely noteworthy you don’t half try to act impotent, i mean important
    Uh, you don't know me so best keep your commentary to yourself.

Your attitude is ignorant and pissy towards me. Do you expect everyone to just lie down and let you run roughshod over them?

If it's "all " grappling then you are engaging in mere semantics. The troll call if you will.

Either define it or leave it. My comment was harmless and you couldn't resist bagging on it when you saw the chance.

Maybe you could grow up a little in your attitude and just leave it alone when others are engaging in conversation instead of butting in and saying non contextual things about an individual and then bagging on them and getting all encouraged when someone else joins in. That is juvenile oh dear forum member and regardless what you think of me, it's not necessary.

I don't take issue to responses, but out of the blue starting to be a maliciousness wanker for the sake of it? Yeah, that ain't gonna work out for anyone.
    that is all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Uh, you don't know me so best keep your commentary to yourself.

Your attitude is ignorant and pissy towards me. Do you expect everyone to just lie down and let you run roughshod over them?

If it's "all " grappling then you are engaging in mere semantics. The troll call if you will.

Either define it or leave it. My comment was harmless and you couldn't resist bagging on it when you saw the chance.

Maybe you could grow up a little in your attitude and just leave it alone when others are engaging in conversation instead of butting in and saying non contextual things about an individual and then bagging on them and getting all encouraged when someone else joins in. That is juvenile oh dear forum member and regardless what you think of me, it's not necessary.

I don't take issue to responses, but out of the blue starting to be a maliciousness wanker for the sake of it? Yeah, that ain't gonna work out for anyone.
    that is all.
    You're a tool. I bet Gene regrets his decision to make you moderator. Especially considering how often you either post stupid **** in every thread in an attempt to sound profound, or how you clearly think you are much smarter than you are.

Your posts get old and I cringe every time I see your name in a thread. I typically skip over your useless posts, but am occasionally forced to read bits and pieces of crap you peddle while scrolling. Do us all a favor and keep your pathetic, uneducated rantin posts to yourself.

Bring on the ban hammer. It needed to be said.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

as much as I love to rag on old Jamieson, considering current events, let's just leave this thread for now guys, seriously....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....