Thread: Mogou Shaolinquan short clips

Mogou Shaolinquan short clips

There's no real good place to bury this in other threads, so it gets its own topic: Mogou Shaolinquan

Sets in order of appearance:

老洪拳 Laohongquan
    小洪拳 Xiaohongquan
    七星拳 Qixingquan
    云阳拳 Yunyangquan

You'll see most of them repeat the same section, right where they get cut off. The last clip shows the whole section. It is the same as the Xiexing section in Changhuxinyimenquan and standard Xiaohongquan.

The second clip that shows Mogou XHQ is the section of CHXYMQ here starting at :33. If you see the whole set it's easy to see how it was the same template modified with Xinyi (Dong Cheng's Tongbi + rooster) to create CHXYMQ. It follows the same pattern from start to finish. This section here in standard XHQ would also be from the Banshou to Xiexing.

Hi! This is really fascinating!

Do you or RDH have a full video of just their xhq? I understand why a full video should be private. Wouldnt want people pretending to know this villages style.

I wanted to compare their xhq to not only chxym but also the techniques in datongbi. See how xiyuan evolves. RDH’s talk about an evolution in xhq was also really interesting.

Apologies for the thread necromancy. I’m sure a lot of you guys moved on a loooong time ago.