View Poll Results: The benefits of the internal arts are due to (choose all that apply)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Specific physical movments (ie. it is possible to do them wrong and not get benefit)

5 41.67%
  • Specific breathing (ie. it is possible to do it wrong and not get the benefits)

6 50.00%
  • The thought process/mental component ("intent" or something like that) alone

6 50.00%
  • General physical movements (ie. they don't have to be exact)

7 58.33%
  • General breathing (ie. it doesn't have to be exact)

5 41.67%
  • Placebo

4 33.33%
  • There are none, not even placebo

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The benefits from internal arts come from...

what quote?

Quote Originally Posted by CicadaL9H View Post
    The body must unite with the heart, the heart must unite with the chi, the chi must unite with the mind. The mind must unite with the chi, the chi must unite with the heart, the heart must unite with the body.
    This one and the one in the post that comes from your grandteacher and teacher with the philosophy.

Its not philosophy, that was my whole point. The quote comes from my Grandteachers book that is not yet published or fully translated from chinese. I shared it because Iv'e been reflecting on it recently and thought SPJ might like it. Its a formula, not a philosophical idea. And its not quite a quote. I added the second sentence.
    Last edited by CicadaL9H; 04-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Why not ask a powerlifter or an Olympic weight lifter if they think one should push out their stomach when they lift something heavy.

They will answer yes, if they are wearing a lifting belt. This is because the waist will push against the belt increasing core stability. However, those of us who do not use lifting belts, WILL NEVER push out our belly. It is dangerous to do so. You firm your waist by tensing the musculature to create a stable core.

And it is a philosophy in the form of a world view of specific principles designed to guide behavior/conduct.

...... hop off my d*ck and go play somewhere else
    If your fantasy life involves me on your d!ck while you are manhandling yourself, then you have more serious problems than lifting heavy weights incorrectly!

Scott Brown, please don't draw me into an internet battle, those are very demeaning. I deleted the offensive post, lets try to maintain our dignity and respond to the content of eachothers posts, and not our presumptions about eachother
    Last edited by CicadaL9H; 04-17-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Scott Brown, I asked you to hop off. Please don't draw me into an internet battle, those are very demeaning.
    You don't want me to draw YOU in?

You fu(king dipsh!t!!!

Grow up you little pu$$y!

You don't ask someone to not draw you in, then tell them to "hop off your D!CK".

Stop acting like a whiny-a$$ed, gutless little pr!ck.

If you don't want to get drawn into an argument or get criticized or be disagreed with than stop posting on a PUBLIC forum or ignore people and posts that hurt your little feelings!

Its not philosophy, that was my whole point. The quote comes from my Grandteachers book that is not yet published or fully translated from chinese. I shared it because Iv'e been reflecting on it recently and thought SPJ might like it. Its a formula, not a philosophical idea. And its not quite a quote. I added the second sentence.
    Do you know the name of the book and who wrote it? I have an extensive library of Chinese books.
    Last edited by bai she; 04-19-2013 at 12:14 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    scott has a point if your going to post on a public forum, people are going to disagree with you. not everyone believes what others believe and they are going to try and prove your "theories" wrong.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

It never ceases to amaze me the level of narcissism some people have!

To think you can post on a public forum and then dictate who can respond to your post? It is dumbfounding that some people think they have that right or ability and it is the very definition of narcissism.

You can choose who you want to respond to, but you cannot dictate who responds to you. This is the nature of a public forum.

If a person doesn't like it, then exercise your right to not participate, or act like an adult and ignore people you don't want to interact with.

It is nearly impossible to find any point of view everyone will agree with, this is a fact of life. It is best to accept it and deal with it.

qigong is useless without lifting weights.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Did our "internal" expert just said instead of using Yi to lead your movement, you should react without thinking about it?
    You use Yi in your solo practice, partner drills, push hands, .... so that you develop body awareness and internalize a wide range of possible movements. In a fight there is no time to think so you have to let your Xin lead your moves and use whatever you have internalized before instinctually.

Scott, you made a statement on a public internet forum that I am reading "too much philosophical theory" and "not lifting enough heavy weights" myself. This is untrue. You do not know me and as I said I'd like to keep this impersonal. Its water under the bridge, and your outbursts about p$ssy this and that, whatever.
    As far as what I was talking about (reverse breathing), its not a unheard of in body building/power lifting. I'm sure its easy enough to find info regarding this on the internet. I'm not as good with wording this stuff as some, maybe you misunderstood something

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    As far as what I was talking about (reverse breathing), its not a unheard of in body building/power lifting
    I have yet to meet a powerlifter that inhales when exerting. (if that's what you mean)

My gym where I lift has many many powerlifters that compete. I'm around them all the time. maybe what your writing is not coming across in the meaning you want?
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

No, that is not what I mean