Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nobody move, nobody gets hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Gene should just do what the guy over at the oatmeal did and post the cease and desist letter. Then the interwebz could take vengeance on the crybaby.
    yes! Inman took that aszhole to the woodshed, and in the process of that whole fiasco ended up raising over $100,000 for charity (I actually met him at NYC Comicon last year, nice guy)

Curious. I can't see why the two threads in 'health' would have been the cause all this. Although I would bet money that it was DJ who erased them. I could be wrong, but it's in line with his m.o.

So those were removed but I really can't see them being the problem. So what's left? SD and GDS. But the SD thread has been pretty quiet and tame for awhile now. Seems silly to make a big deal of it now, after all this time.

So when we post, is that legally publishing? Or is it considered the same way a comment at a town hall would be?

Regardless of who or why, seems petty and small to try to give gene trouble over user content. It's not like he openly facilitates hate, no matter what he personally thinks about the topics.

If you do negotiate a resolution and in that deal involves KFM to not disclose anything, I guess that's that. But if they can I hope the order is published for all to see.

i agree, this is just bizzare.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

unfortunately way our legal system works, not matter how frivolous (read STUPID) a company has to respond to a cease and dessist letter. One just has to wonder though what mind thinks it is worth their time (and money) to have a lawyer send a letter to an internet board saying 'stop posts that annoy my client"...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Maybe it's the chi healers...

Who calls a lawyer over some random internet bullshit anyways? So weird. Sucks for Gene, now he has to spend time/money top resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    unfortunately way our legal system works, not matter how frivolous (read STUPID) a company has to respond to a cease and dessist letter. One just has to wonder though what mind thinks it is worth their time (and money) to have a lawyer send a letter to an internet board saying 'stop posts that annoy my client"...
    what's worse than the complaint itself is that the whiners don't even have the balls to man-up that they are even making the complaint, in terms of the C&D itself being private - it's like they r saying, "we don't want people saying mean things about us, but at the same time we don't want them to know that we don't want them to say mean things about us"; gimmie a break;

and WTF w them wanting to ban Dave? I mean, I know he can b inflammatory, but frankly nothing he's done since he came back has been directed at any group w the exception that he called a CMC video crap; I mean, if that's grounds for a C&D, I don't know what to say...

The matter has been resolved.

I am bound by agreement not to discuss this matter any further. What's more, any member who brings up this matter in such away as to aggravate said agreement will be banned. Reprimands have been issued.

On a further note, please understand that as a publisher, I will always seek to defend your right to free speech. However, membership on this forum is a privilege, not a right, and it is revokable at any point for any reason. Please restrain yourselves from posting anything that might instigate legal action.

I appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart