Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun knives video (Leo Au Yeung)

Wing Chun knives video (Leo Au Yeung)

Good for the movies. Not good for fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Good for the movies. Not good for fighting
    The knife form?

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer7 View Post
    The knife form?
    What is it meant to be? A screen test or his interpretation of how the knives are used? Form? I'm not sure. Please tell.

Cinematography and editing is good, I can't comment on if his form is right to his lineage, but it looks weak as hell to me.

6. utcher knives... Prefer an good ol' Rapier.

If I'd study weapons, blades, I'll go in Italy or... Stay in France.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

Don't know 'bout that. Looks like he's gonna ruin his shoes.

@Pulpo Radiante: Tried a bit o' that rapier stuff. Too dang hard on my old knees! Other than that, it rocks.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

In a friendly match with an accomplished fencer apparently WSL could "touch" the fencer without being touched.
    But the bjd these days is for strengthening wing chun motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    In a friendly match with an accomplished fencer apparently WSL could "touch" the fencer without being touched.
    A lineage I know spars with them. VT Angles and tactical ideas come from knife fighting.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Seems hardly possible if we see how the chinese escrime is late in front of european escrime.

We have a lot of centuries of duels to death, beween people who wrote, as witness, what worked or not, and were well educated noblesse.

All the bart cham dao forms I saw have the same big problem, that is a basis in european escrime, and leave you wide wide exposed by a normal fencer.

Actually, it was pointed out for me for the first time by a 6 year old girl.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

11. 1460...

Waaaaay Older whan the Nun's stuff.

Wing Chun is a Young stuff, smart for peasants to find an average boxing system in their villages, but they didn't know **** about weapons, sorry, that's obvious if you trained blades just a little.
    Last edited by poulperadieux; 03-20-2013 at 02:09 AM.

www.poulperadieux.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

Sorry Sifu Wahlamushti, but, I just watched an old footage of WSL, he's got the very default I told earlier about.

Will be killed by an average european fencer with this very flaw in the basic of basics.

(This was written in fencing manuals in the 15th century in europe... It's quite older than Wing Chun... Sorry)

www.poulperadieux.com

nice video, ruined shoes.

That is not the form. About 80& of the moves shown is ip chun style knife form.

I don't see many people doing the form justice

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by poulperadieux View Post
    Seems hardly possible if we see how the chinese escrime is late in front of european escrime.

We have a lot of centuries of duels to death, beween people who wrote, as witness, what worked or not, and were well educated noblesse.

All the bart cham dao forms I saw have the same big problem, that is a basis in european escrime, and leave you wide wide exposed by a normal fencer.

Actually, it was pointed out for me for the first time by a 6 year old girl.
    I am curious as to what is "Chinese" and "European" Escrima. Last time I checked Escrima was a FMA and hailed from the Phillipines and Indonesian parts of the world.

Also, there is a rich history of fighting from the Phillipine/Indonesian areas, in some instances using fire hardened sticks against "European" Spaniards armed with swords.............guess what, the Spaniards did not always win.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T England View Post
    About 80& of the moves shown is ip chun style knife form.
    That explains it.