Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biu Jee, Biu Sau and the Elbow

Biu Jee, Biu Sau and the Elbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjtzdNkkfqY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQJNwp7pSE
    I am interested in the groups opinions reguarding the biu sau opening sequence of the biu jee form. In particular, the movement (or lack of) of the elbow relitive to the body. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest fundemental differences in biu jee and if I understand structure, makes a big difference to over all body mechanics of the form...or not. What do you think?
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    I am interested in the groups opinions reguarding the biu sau opening sequence of the biu jee form. In particular, the movement (or lack of) of the elbow relitive to the body. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest fundemental differences in biu jee and if I understand structure, makes a big difference to over all body mechanics of the form...or not. What do you think?
    Bil gee elbow is a parallel wrist grab removal/escape. It goes up first so the elbow goes over the forearm of the grabbing arm. When used the wrist is collapsed or it doesn't work iow you are in a position of recovery. You can use angling toi ma to avoid the following striking arm or knife. Then use the same free arm to recover your hand to fac sao neck or thumb gouge eye or simply recover space.
    I have used it often in real fights that start with a sudden bull rush grabbing my wrists as I defend and move. As the seung ma toi ma drills only adding wrist recovery. Sometimes the action can be combined with letting the guy rush / fall past you and slam them into a wall.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 03-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Is it me or does he forget what the hell he is doing at around 1 min 40 secs?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Is it me or does he forget what the hell he is doing at around 1 min 40 secs?
    Hahaaa .Yeah,a bit bit of a hicough there but I don't hold it against him , though.I was told once that after absorbing BJ it wasn't wise to practice the form too often as it can play havoc with your qi balance and emotional state. Any one else hear that Caution?

I was told once that after absorbing BJ it wasn't wise to practice the form too often as it can play havoc with your qi balance and emotional state. Any one else hear that Caution?
    I can't say I've heard this, though it would explain a lot of posting behaviour on this forum if it were true.

I've been doing the form for over 15 years and have had no problems holding down jobs, no episodes of public freakouts, no mysterious ailments from blockages in my auric field, etc. etc.

Sounds like sensationalist rubbish from second rate wannabe TCMA mystics to me.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Hahaaa .Yeah,a bit bit of a hicough there but I don't hold it against him , though.I was told once that after absorbing BJ it wasn't wise to practice the form too often as it can play havoc with your qi balance and emotional state. Any one else hear that Caution?
    --------------------------------------
    Never heard that and it does not make sense.

A lot of misunderstanding. It's simple recovery from bad angles or raised arms, trapped elbows, grabbed wrists, ducking, grabbing, gaun sao used to be only in BG. Wrong jum/huen recovery.
    Any mumbo jumbo can be attributed to " don't know" subjectivity.
    To think doing one form will mess with your qi ; ) really ?
    Or that its more dangerous... If so why wait to do it after slt, ck, ?
    Last edited by k gledhill; 03-20-2013 at 08:43 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do NOT wiggle my elbows all over the place in the opening movement after the punch...as WSL does..... not a criticism of WSL-justa different perspective.

Appreciate all the great input.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post

It was recommanded to me not to practice BJ every day a week.

Mostely for joint problems, and because it contains 3rd rate solutions, and the main techniques in WC are in the first two forms.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    I do NOT wiggle my elbows all over the place in the opening movement after the punch...as WSL does..... not a criticism of WSL-justa different perspective.
    There is a good reason for this without which the movement is less functional.

......in our lineage of course.

Here's a clip of the WT version of the Biu Tze form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3a5wdR7ymk

Here you can see the three elbows in the first third of the form (kup jarn, gwai jarn and pie jarn). Lots and lots of potential applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    There is a good reason for this without which the movement is less functional.

......in our lineage of course.
    --------------------------------------------------
    OF COURSE! Si

--------------------------------------------------
    OF COURSE! Si
    Ooooooooooooooo capital letters

Do your elbows hang low
    Or do they wiggle to and fro?
    Do they keep to one space
    Or do they flit about the place?
    Do they neatly orbit yer body
    Or track tangents rather oddly?
    Do your elbows...hang...low?
    Sorry sir, I could not resist.