Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biu Jee, Biu Sau and the Elbow

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Ooooooooooooooo capital letters
    ----------------------------------

of course

Joy how do you apply pressure to the wrists of the grabbing arm if you don't " wiggle/drop " the elbow ? Chi-na drops the elbow but holds the grabbing hand so it is a submission hold.

Quote Originally Posted by happy tiger View Post
    do your elbows hang low
    or do they wiggle to and fro?
    Do they keep to one space
    or do they flit about the place?
    Do they neatly orbit yer body
    or track tangents rather oddly?
    Do your elbows...hang...low?
    Sorry sir, i could not resist.
    lmfao

Joy , silent ?

Maybe this is the reason why

There is a good reason for this without which the movement is less functional.

......in our lineage of course.
    The first three forms are all training forms and the last three forms are all application forms.

Take care,

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    The first three forms are all training forms and the last three forms are all application forms.

Take care,
    ?......,

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    ?......,

Oh my goodness!

Oh my goodness!
    Still waiting .....

Joy how do you apply pressure to the wrists of the grabbing arm if you don't " wiggle/drop " the elbow ? Chi-na drops the elbow but holds the grabbing hand so it is a submission hold.
    can you give a time stamp in WSL clip where you interpret the move as a wrist grab release, I suspect that you and Joy may be talking at cross purposes
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

This is clearly something I do not want to debate

Still waiting .....

No disrespect to you whatsoever.

I think, I like the way you asked, so continue to please wait for just a while. Now I know what I’m dealing with.

The first rule of thumb as a ‘sifu’ is to know what each form develops or represents. What I’d just said is a no brainer for a “wing chun instructor” that has developed through the forms/ knowledge thereof.

I thought you were a wing chun instructor (sifu) and was trained by one that would let you know the difference of the forms, I’ll take it as you’re just playing around and will move on from here.

Take care,

@Joy, BPWT and any TST lineage guys on here. As Joy noted, in the opening "finger-wagging" movements after the punch, TST, LT and some others keep the arm, elbow and wrist stationary while moving the hand and fingers. WSL and others keep the fingertips focused on a point and move the wrist, elbow and arm up and down, side to side and so on. The PB/WSL guys are never shy about discussing their perspective.

But, clearly, you guys (TST, LT and HKM guys) see a value, either in training attributes or in application, to keeping the arm stationary. Please share from your perspective.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Take care,
    In your world perhaps. Not in mine

Wink It's Ok

In your world perhaps. Not in mine
    That’s ok, because wing chun is a very small world, that truly houses her principles, concepts, and developments on a very small island of understanding. But yet, could be explored and developed within the physical realm of her forms.

And I’m 100% positive it’s in the world of other certified instructors of the Yip Man Wing Chun lineage.

Take care,

That’s ok, because wing chun is a very small world, that truly houses her principles, concepts, and developments on a very small island of understanding. But yet, could be explored and developed within the physical realm of her forms.

And I’m 100% positive it’s in the world of other certified instructors of the Yip Man Wing Chun lineage.

Take care,
    I think we all see your response for what it is. Empty.

I think we all see your response for what it is. Empty.

From the very same reasons that you quoted, that’s much understood. Again, I have no ill feelings towards you whatsoever.

Take care,