Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Biu Jee, Biu Sau and the Elbow

FWIW my BJ consists of ideas that can be used if the **** hits the fan. I don't need vibrating force to show me where the door is. You dig?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    another application I was taught was a kind of 'chuen sau' or threading hand technique . Depending on your footwork or body shift would dictate the action of the elbow.One hand controls two.
    Chuen Sau is a punch

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Chuen Sau is a punch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgO5S8Zm_Q
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

My VT consists of sound proven fighting methods ...Your Sigung has made his up from lack of knowledge. It's a fact often shared by his EX students that have left his cult due to his weird ways. Even 12th level technicians that were threatened if they revealed what goes on there ...Your leader is a freak.
    @BPWT: When he says "your leader" I assume Graham is referring to LT and all his students, and not Norbert Maday or the EEWTO in particular. I have no idea what he means by "12th level technicians". As you know, in LT's ranking system there are 12 lower "student" grades, then four "technician" grades and continuing through the master levels or "practician" grades, beginning with 5th level, with the highest ever awarded to an instructor being 10th, as far as I am aware.

If his point is that some high ranked students have left the fold, that's quite true. The group I train with includes some of these. But we all continue to respect the core of the WT system and what LT shared with us, especially in the early days. I'm saying this to just set the record straight from my perspective. I have no interest in engaging in arguments with people who are obviously trolling.
    Last edited by Grumblegeezer; 03-23-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

My VT consists of sound proven fighting methods. Either that or my Sigung invented some rubbish for a laugh. Your Sigung has made his up from lack of knowledge. It's a fact often shared by his EX students that have left his cult due to his weird ways. Even 12th level technicians that were threatened if they revealed what goes on there. To be honest I'm not surprised you have ligament work. Your leader is a freak. You seem like an intelligent guy and I'm surprised you fall for it. Feel free to scald me below.
    No need to scald you - especially as you are a little ill-informed.

Regarding 'proven fighting methods': me too. I am absolutely exhausted having just got back from a two-day seminar. The first day was run by Gabor Szell (7th level practitioner in our system) - he teaches close-quarter combat (including knife work) to the Hungarian and Latvian military and special forces.

He knows a thing or two about 'proven methods' as he's taught people that need to use these skills in very real circumstances.

Regarding 'your Sigung has made his up from lack of knowledge': I know people who have left Leung Ting's organization over the years - often for political reasons, sadly. I know no one who has claimed he 'lacked knowledge'.

Regarding 'even 12th level technicians...': There is no such grade/classification to the best of my knowledge. There are 12 student grades, then four technician grades, then four practition grades, and so on. My Sifu is 9th level, and so in Europe is the highest ranked person other than Keith Kernspecht. So I don't know who you mean when you say '12th level technicians'

Regarding 'To be honest I'm not surprised you have ligament work. Your leader is a freak': Many of the things I learn I hadn't learned in a previous lineage. If you didn't learn it in your Yip Chun lineage, or from Clive Potter or from PB, I understand...

Absence of evidence (in your lineage) is not an indication of evidence of absence (in other lineages).

And he is not my 'leader'. He's not an alien, or Gary Glitter

Regarding 'You seem like an intelligent guy and I'm surprised you fall for it': Well thanks, I hope I am not too stupid. But I haven't fallen for anything... I have felt the things I talk about.

But really, it's all good - I have no problem chatting with you, even if we disagree on things. What I've learned from this conversation is that:

1) You don't do any work in PB VT that works the tendons.
    2) Your BT form doesn't not put emphasis on developing different power generation methods than those you develop in CK.

In our forms, and I think probably in yours too, there are many, many huen saus. Why, in your method, do you have so many?

Yip Man originally taught these 'wiggling fingers/hands' in each of the three hand forms. They also appear in all the hand forms in many non-Yip Man lineage lines of Wing Chun. Why do you think that is?

@Grumblegeezer.

Ah, you wrote and posted as I was writing too. Yes, I keep giving Graham the benefit of the doubt (we are both Brits, after all, so he can't be all bad ), but it is beginning to seem like he is trolling - especially with the name calling.

Maybe... some of Clive Potter's teaching have stayed with Graham...

C'mon Graham, you are better than the name calling and trolling - why not post in a constructive way?

Great clip!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great clip!
    Yes indeed.I've always liked sifu Redmond's clips for clear example. Thanks , Hendrik.

Terminology separates us but actions aren't that dissimilar ; )

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Terminology separates us but actions aren't that dissimilar ; )
    Yes,it's true.Too bad something as powerfull as words/terms seem to separate us rather than bring us together....the curse of Babal, I suppose.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 03-24-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Yes,it's true.Too bad something as powerfull as words/terms seem to separate us rather than bring us together....the curse of babal I suppose.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Babel too!

But then I am not in the Judeo Christian tradition and possibly immune to many of it's curses

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------

Babel too!

But then I am not in the Judeo Christian tradition and possibly immune to many of it's curses
    Did you just correct me on my spelling? And you suggest you are immune???
    p.s. I hate spell check
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 03-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Did you just correct me on my spelling? And you suggest you are immune???
    p.s. I hate spell check
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are not alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are not alone!!
    I am only a bum from the street that was fortunate enough to be given the gift of VT. If luck holds out and God willing, I will never be anything more.

I am only a bum from the street that was fortunate enough to be given the gift of VT. If luck holds out and God willing, I will never be anything more.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am confident you will be ok.Good wishes.