Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our recent kerfuffle

I think there are plenty of thriving schools out there. heck, I even know a few guys who own them.

I think that for anyone to think they are the vanguard of real kung fu is foolish. Kung Fu is bigger than any person, Even the Shaolin Temple itself doesn't have it all.

No school has it all under one roof.

It is what it is and ever it shall be. It was present for more than thousand years before our dads even met our mom's. Mostly it is within the person. If a person looks outside themselves all the time, the likelihood of finding personal truth is low.

If you've had your lessons, you best get to learning them by doing.
    If you get so distracted by what others do, you fail.
    If you invest your time into complaining about the ocean, you fail to steer your ship properly.

For me, in my view, it is not a terrible problem. It is a constant state of flux that isn't hard to accept.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    In Europe it definitely is equated with publishing. And, believe it or not, anyone posting here could theoretically be sued in Britain according to Britain’s much harsher libel laws over something posted here. And as I understand it, Britain has the necessary treaties with the US to collect damages there.
    Interesting. We haven't had any international issues so far. We've received some complaints from China, but they were private individuals complaining and never got to any legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    On the other hand, as a staunch supporter of people being responsible for their own feelings, it is too bad that the occasional pu$$y has so much power in today's world.
    I agree that it was a considerable bother for me personally, as it sucked away attention for the last few days, and I was scheduled much tighter than I thought this week, but I also think that the avenue of complaint must be available. Just as people have the right to free speech, complaining is a major part of that. At the same time, membership here is a privilege, not a right, and we retain the right to delete anything posted here at any time without warning.

The take-home message about this is that this sort of thing is happening constantly behind-the-scenes. Most are minor. Some, like this one, get more threatening. But so far, all have been resolved amicably. So please take that into account when posting. Observe good wude. Try not to be too offensive.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by geneching View Post
    try not to be too offensive.
    shut up gene. Just shut your friggin' mouf!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Gene, I have a question regarding confidentiality in general on this forum. Not related to the specific incidents you reference in this thread.

Is it policy and practice to divulge IP addresses and identities of posters to others without legal intervention?

its easier to just hack everyone and get all their info on your own.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

90% of the posters on this forum are just Gene, anyway.

Including this one.

Gene has a lot of conversations with himself.

No I don't!

Yes you do!

No you don't!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I googled kerfuffle and all I got were images of transgender mma fighters.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I googled kerfuffle and all I got were images of transgender mma fighters.
    Lucas, you got me all excited, but it turns out you were lying.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Lucas, you got me all excited, but it turns out you were lying.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words...I would assume that a .gif is at least like 5-10 thousand if not more.

Sometimes 1000 words is much better than a picture though.

But nothing is better than gifs.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i think i undesrtand why ross and taighik are so passionate. they actually dedicated their lives to this. theres no turning back. especially when kung fu is so obscure now in america. guys your age oversaw the rise and wane of a subculture.
    for ross, watching something you helped create die is painful.

other than the occasional niche business like kung fu magazine, kung fu is not really a good way to make money. the gold rush is over. the healthy path of the future is a wulin without money.

the core of kung fu is hypermasculine pagan spiritualism infused morality. this is never going to become popular.
    the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over.
    I think you are right about this, best to just forget about the passion of pushing the arts and just relax with a plate of stir fry noodles and egg rolls. Kungfu isn't in need of pushing. It is History, not Bizztory. https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...w=1440&bih=807
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 03-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.

What is the difference between a Kurfuffle, and a Kurfluffle?

Is it like the difference between Kempo, and Kenpo?