Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our recent kerfuffle

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Well, you got the biggest set of trading cards.
    are you coming on to me?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    leave robinhood and ban that guy? really? that's what you are suggesting?
    I vote to ban that clown too.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    are you coming on to me?
    The very idea of it makes me shudder of course...

I think Marlon Brando had a line about it... "the horror...the horror...the horror..."

Or something like that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

my trading cards are only for asian sword hotties.....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I vote to ban that clown too.
    if only....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Would you like me to repeat it a fourth time?
    Clearly, you are not understanding my question.

I understand that *in general* there are cases that justify it. I went on to give you a specific example:

Of the many scenarios that might evoke divulgence of information, does the case of an anon account calling out another really represent a level of "trouble" to justify doing so?
    Last edited by Flusher; 03-25-2013 at 01:19 PM.

If a bear poops in the woods and there are no lions to smell it, does wing chun still suck?

I mean I am just reframing the question

I don't think wing chun sucks at all.

I think the style is rife with people who make mountains out of molehills though.

But then, after time I've found that people who have little tend to make a big deal about how much little they have.

whereas people who have a lot, don't really have time to think about minutia and little things because they have some other big piece of work to do.

In other words, a lot of Wing Chun folks think there is more to their style than there really is and some will even go so far as to absolutely fabricate something or adopt something from another style into their wing chun and then they claim that it is part and parcel to it.

Wing Chun has nothing in it that you won't find in the more "robust" systems derived from shaolin kung fu. In fact, it invariably has less than all the others. And that was exactly the point of it wasn't it. TO have a smaller distillation that one could learn quickly and therefore use effectively in a shorter timeline than someone who is also learning meditation, qi gong, all the other work etc etc. Wing Chun is straight up fighting techs with two weapons and a conditioning routine on the dummy and that's it. you can learn it all inside a year and practice it up to a shine in the following year and be using it to box and do so well.

But if you get caught up in that convoluted nonsense train that has laid it's tracks across the wing chun plain, then...sorry to hear that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Flusher View Post
    Clearly, you are not understanding my question.
    Clearly you are not understanding my answer.

The lynch mob is gathering. Should we let the ban hammer fall?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Dude...

If I lynched everyone here on the first few complaints, none of you would be here.

Except maybe wenshu. I can't remember ever receiving a complaint about him. Of course, my memory is not what it used to be, and I spend a lot of time getting squiffy with the sole purpose of forgetting the kerfuffles of this here forum...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

who the fuc complained about me? i want names, addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers and mothers maiden names.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Clearly you are not understanding my answer.

The lynch mob is gathering. Should we let the ban hammer fall?
    ...if you really feel the need, it is certainly your right to do so. Although within the 20 or so posts I've made, I've done little other than ask questions. Questions that are harmless enough to answer, that is, unless there is something to hide...

I understand nobody would be here if you "lynched" them at the first complaint. But you've expressed a desire to maintain some standard of "martial etiquette" for the sake of dissemination of good information. Don't you think when a public figure (versus a nobody, anon or not) crosses the line of "etiquette" using their own anon accounts, why would a so-called watchman of "etiquette" allow it to happen?
    Last edited by Flusher; 03-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.

It was in context to TOR which you mentioned which I thought you might have a rudimentary understanding of at least inasmuch as it is a P2P volunteer router sharing solution(onion routing). It means you hop onto volunteer routers and bop around inside that P2P set up until you get to your destination.
    This is true.

Except TOR and Onion are two different things used together.

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    who the fuc complained about me?
    Oh whoops, did I say wenshu? I meant Lucas. Only Lucas would be here. Everyone complains about wenshu.

Quote Originally Posted by Flusher View Post
    ...if you really feel the need, it is certainly your right to do so.
    Yes, I am aware of this. It's tempting, but I really don't have anything against you at this point. I am sympathetic to why the lynch mob is forming, but I don't see anything quite bannable as of this moment.

That might change with your next post.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips